Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    For cheap travel always remember the national express coaches.

Not the quickest, at all, but can be absurdly cheap. For those travelling from Scotland; if the location is booked somewhere east of the Pennines I can put you up in Gateshead for a night if you'd like to break the journey due to how long it takes to get anywhere from north of the border...
    Getting to a town/ city with an airport is easy and cheap. If we're getting communal accommodation, that'll be easier on the pocket than a multinight hotel stay.
    I worry about long train/bus trips after the flight. I'm a worrier, and hopeless at arranging/ executing travel.
    What is this coffee that you speak of...
    The War Princess. Z2.

A good point made on mumble just now:

We have members who are under 18. I would suggest the event stay strictly 18+ for legal reasons (I really don't want to be in that position). It's extremely dodgy ground I don't want to tread on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post

We have members who are under 18. I would suggest the event stay strictly 18+ for legal reasons (I really don't want to be in that position). It's extremely dodgy ground I don't want to tread on.
    Seconded, sorry young 'uns.
    What is this coffee that you speak of...
    The War Princess. Z2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    It's legal for someone under 18 to drink in private in the UK. This includes holiday accommodation.

Though I'd agree with keeping it 18+ anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Well its good to be 23 then
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

so no secretprototype then? ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar

Did you not just say this was not an "old boys" club? Joking aside though, I agree that having only consenting adults around makes things much easier.

Hm, it sounds like I'm talking about another type of event here, doesn't it...

it ISNT another type of event? I rescind my possible coming. no wait.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

It's legal for someone under 18 to drink in private in the UK. This includes holiday accommodation.

Yeah its not the booze, more the child meeting random adults from the internet thing.

Yeah its not the booze, more the child meeting random adults from the internet thing.
    agreed, we could just leave the booze out of this meet up and just be normal. BUT, as a imaginary parent i wouldn't let my kids go and meet us. cuz we are kinda scary and stuff...
    atleast i am...

BANANAS!!
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think we might be alright legally with 16+, but I'd have to check that. And being safe when meeting people off the internet should apply to everybody.

Can people please get suggesting possible locations. I'm organising another holiday at the moment so limited time and will for this. Possible sites to search (feel free to find more) and criteria at the start of the thread.

Number of people who said they could make it on the doodle, + number of (different) people who fillled in the google form + Dewi's +1 ~= 21. So we need places for about 20, and places for more, say 30ish, allowing for more to be interested. Remembering that if we fill a place exactly, we'll probably have issues, as some beds will be doubles.

I think as much as I think it looks ugly, this place could be a good bet:
    https://www.welcomecottages.com/cott...16165?adult=20
    It's got lots of spaces, including snooker and pool room, it's very near Derby, so central, near a major rail interchange, very near to EMA and close to BHI, LBA and MAN, and if we need more space, we can rent the cottage too https://www.welcomecottages.com/cott...16165?adult=20 - although hmm, it is now showing as unavailable.

http://www.groupaccommodation.com/ga...8#.UhRutD_9XqU Looks good if it isn't silly expensive (some of the manor places of course are). Close to London and Luton/Stansted airports especially.

http://www.statelyescapes.co.uk/hear...terior_grounds Could be an option if we get lots of people to bring the price into reach. A little concerned about just how big the drawing room actually is.

Anyway, I've got to go.
    Last edited by CMaster; 21-08-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

You would be on seriously shaky ground if something were to go wrong. You have to have parental permission and someone would legally be accepting temporary guardianship (probably not full in loco parentis but some aspect of duty of care).

Ha, stumbled upon one that looked good then realised it was the Wynntsay Cmaster. That'd be perfect for you eh? lol

Cmaster do you have the link to the results of the form so we can see the numbers? will be useful when looking for suggestions. I'll be honest though (still biased) the wheatacre place is still looking on top to me

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ha, stumbled upon one that looked good then realised it was the Wynntsay Cmaster. That'd be perfect for you eh? lol
    Would keep my travel costs down.

People, can I see some suggestions please!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...uaF9PcVE#gid=0

I really want to find somewhere with space that we can all hang out together in.(Less than an 8 hour train journey would be good too).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/ren...chcombe/152543 This looks promising, especially if numbers creep up

in a similar area is this http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/ren...of-dean/129770

There's lots of places coming up in Brighton. Is that a journey people are prepared to make?

There's also some good value places around Matlock/Buxton. I hesitate because public transport is so-so. Central though. Will linjk some I think.

working on it. got a couple of places messaged, waiting for them to come aback to me. also the one with the moat i linked in the other thread, only one of the cottages is taken that weekend, potentially, depending on numbers could still be an option

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm just throwing stuff up so far without doing the contacting.

I should perhaps chase that Derby one to see if they really are fully booked (because location and size seems pretty bang on).

I think brighton may be a bit out of reach for our northern members.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ooooh

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/bristol/146052

In Bristol (so pretty good transport wise)

Reasonably priced
    lots of single beds (which is a problem with some places, which are 80% doubles)

Hmmm.