Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In the king romance option, look at the eyes. These eyes say it all, hahaha.

Also wen you romance CID, the eyes have a fantastic expresion.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Can anyone say whether they fixed the "endless escalation" problem from SR3? To clarify: You start trouble in the city, fighting a gang. They receive reinforcement. Endlessly. Plus cops. And those SWAT-like guys. And it just...never ends. You can never really win an encounter; running away is always the only option.

Is this addressed in this game, by chance, or does it remain the same?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcompany View Post
    Can anyone say whether they fixed the "endless escalation" problem from SR3? To clarify: You start trouble in the city, fighting a gang. They receive reinforcement. Endlessly. Plus cops. And those SWAT-like guys. And it just...never ends. You can never really win an encounter; running away is always the only option.

I'm genuinely curious, how does an individual "win" an encounter with the entire national guard?

Personally, I love that escalation. The inevitable flight to a hideaway is a lot of fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar

Two things.

1) That's what hideouts were for. If you could beat everything to submission from the start, then where would your character have to go to progress? Encounters are not there to be "won."

2) As there are no hideouts any more, you reset your notoriety by chasing down and curbstomping a yellow controller ball.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I'm genuinely curious, how does an individual "win" an encounter with the entire national guard?
    Technically, you DID win the encounter with the entire national guard, but that was the ultimate conclusion to SR3's plot. I suppose Blackcompany would have preferred the abridged version, where the entire story happens in one 20 minute encounter.
    Last edited by Nalano; 22-08-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    2) As there are no hideouts any more, you reset your notoriety by chasing down and curbstomping a yellow controller ball.
    Those chases are pretty fun.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Those chases are pretty fun.
    The whole game is pretty fun. Favorite bit so far is Angry Shaundi vs Stoner Shaundi.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    The whole game is pretty fun. Favorite bit so far is Angry Shaundi vs Stoner Shaundi.
    Yeah I'm in the midst of those missions at present. It's amusing to listen to the old Vs the new bickering. I'm kind of surprised as to the amount of callbacks to SR2 really. A lot of that legacy stuff is going to be pretty meaningless to anyone whose not au fait with the earlier titles.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    This game sounds great fun... but, should I play through SR3 first?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Anyone else thinking of Harry Potter chasing the golden snitch?

Technically, you DID win the encounter with the entire national guard, but that was the ultimate conclusion to SR3's plot. I suppose Blackcompany would have preferred the abridged version, where the entire story happens in one 20 minute encounter.
    Well, yes, but not by wiping them out of existence, which seems to be what was meant.

Lesser Hivemind Node

Well, that's normal in sandbox games. You aren't supposed to defeat the system, you are supposed to do your thing and get the hell away.

Frankly, Saints Row 3 was too forgiving, as with some upgrades you could hold the waves indefinitely. I prefer sandboxes where the army will eventually kill you. As it should be, in non-superhuman settings.

Well, yes, but not by wiping them out of existence, which seems to be what was meant.
    No, technically that happens in SR4. ;)
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

No, technically that happens in SR4. ;)
    No surprises there, I'm very much looking forward to picking that one up when I actually have some time to play it.

In this thread, Nalano, Kadayi and Vinraith agree on something.

In other news, pigs are flying, the earth's core has frozen over, dogs and cats are eloping, the sun has winked out into a tiny chunk of charcoal in the cosmos, and Buffalo wins the Super Bowl.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

In this thread, Nalano, Kadayi and Vinraith agree on something.
    Ah, universal harmony. I'm seriously wondering if I need to go back and try SR2 again, though. I bounced off it, in large part due to the roughness of the port, but I really enjoyed 3. Worth the effort to go back and retry?

Ah, universal harmony. I'm seriously wondering if I need to go back and try SR2 again, though. I bounced off it, in large part due to the roughness of the port, but I really enjoyed 3. Worth the effort to go back and retry?
    I think so. Get the Gentlemen of the Row fanpatch and go to town. It really sets off the "you're not even trying to be a hero, but you'd make a good villain" motif where Saints Row really became a franchise worthy of consideration, plus it's much better at tying the missions with the world.
    Last edited by Nalano; 23-08-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Saints Row 2 is my favourite I think. I think it's probably the all around best game, it's highs are probably not as high as the others though.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by grasskit View Post
    aka Keith David from bunch of things you never knew he was in, like The Thing also the best fight scene ever in They live:
    Is Roddy Piper also in the game and is there a They Live parody? Instant purchase if so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    ...there actually is.
    steam: sketch

Game of the year.