Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Agreed. Needless to say no doubt many will still be splitting blood over this 5 years from now, but thankfully the rest of us can move on.
    You... do realize that they did this largely due to outspokenly negative public opinion?

Those that were spitting blood kinda pressed them into this.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Indeed. If they always did this, they could frankly do whatever they wanted DRM-wise for the first two weeks and those of us concerned about such things could simply wait to get the game.
    Can we somehow persuade this into becoming industry-standard? Because it's such a simple but brilliant solution to the whole DRM mud-puddle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    You... do realize that they did this largely due to outspokenly negative public opinion?
    You have an internal email to that effect? Or you merely doing a cause/correlation thing? It's as likely to be a case of 'Doh!, my bad' if that's what your pushing tbh.

Also I'm not on about the people who complain now. I'm on about the people who are still going to be complaining about it 5 years from now, even though it will be done and dusted in 2 weeks. Elephants and gamers, they never forget.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 22-08-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    You have an internal email to that effect? Or you merely doing a cause/correlation thing? It's as likely to be a case of 'Doh!, my bad' if that's what your pushing tbh.
    First you rag on me for anthropomorphizing companies and now you're making Ubisoft say, "D'oh! My bad?"

But really, now. No company ever volunteers an apology.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Banned
    Ubisoft has now made sure I check every game for their touch. :D

Also I'm not on about the people who complain now. I'm on about the people who are still going to be complaining about it 5 years from now, even though it will be done and dusted in 2 weeks. Elephants and gamers, they never forget.
    Because clearly people should just forget about a company trying to screw them over. Yeah, that's a great idea and it's not likely to lead to any issues in the future.
    Last edited by R-F; 22-08-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    First you rag on me for anthropomorphizing companies and now you're making Ubisoft say, "D'oh! My bad?"
    Merely couching it in terms you'd understand. Companies make mistakes, they address them (that's business). They are not the first company to say they'll address something through a Patch, and nor will they be the last.

But really, now. No company ever volunteers an apology.
    Does anyone ever volunteer an apology devoid of a stimulus?

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by R-F View Post
    Because clearly people should just forget about a company trying to screw them over. Yeah, that's a great idea and it's not likely to lead to any issues in the future.
    Seriously? Dont you have something better to do than to complain about DRM? Wouldnt you rather spend the time spent hating a company which fucked up, deliberately or not, doing something else? Such as answering to people that have just stated they will, in five years, still hate someone for something that probably took only eight hours of their life. Not even that bad an eight hours, even. In five years, the company you "hate so much", will have a completely different structure, probably different people at the helm as well. You make no sense, sir. <---- Im civil, I called him sir.

Also, at Nalano, they would have apologised even if they made a slight mistake of posting the dates wrong or somesuch. Theyd rather apologise than fear the wrath of the silly internet gamer. <--- see? I called them silly. How civil of me!

:D

EDIT: wait, I did not see that post by jim. Didnt mean to sarcasm that. I was just playing with the phrase o_O
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 23-08-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Activated Node
    It's good that they've done this.

Now I'll actually get to play the game.

Edit - And Kadyi, I couldn't care less what you as a person think. To say what you said was just hyperbolic nonsense and of course I was going to reply to it.

You have very subjective views and I disagree with what you say, that's all, it's nothing personal.
    Last edited by lejosh; 23-08-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Pfff. No DRM, no sale!
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I'd be shocked if Ubisoft made moves similar to this removal with any future games. Instead, they'll just make clear that it will be always-on, and people can moan about it all they want because Ubi won't listen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Pfff. No DRM, no sale!
    *a solemn applaud*

Quote Originally Posted by lejosh View Post
    Edit - And Kadayi, I couldn't care less what you as a person think. To say what you said was just hyperbolic nonsense and of course I was going to reply to it.

You have very subjective views and I disagree with what you say, that's all, it's nothing personal.
    That very statement within itself says otherwise tbh.

Pfff. No DRM, no sale!
    *chortles*

I note in the RPS article there's people saying it's 'not enough' and they won't buy it until Uplay is removed entirely. I understand there was some cockup with Uplay accounts, but Uplay just seems to be achievements with rewards from what I can see.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 23-08-2011 at 09:01 AM.

Probable Replicant

I note in the RPS article there's people saying it's 'not enough' and they won't buy it until Uplay is removed entirely. I understand there was some cockup with Uplay accounts, but Uplay just seems to be achievements with rewards from what I can see.
    I've personally had some trouble with uplay not loading properly (so my game wont start, but a end process fixes this- though I shouldnt really have to do that) and not quitting cleanly even with a regular exit (steam says I am still in game and I have to end the process). Otherwise it seems ok, but to me it just feels like an unnecessary extra layer, like steam games with GFWL.

Though GFWL is just that one bit worse.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Seriously? Dont you have something better to do than to complain about DRM? Wouldnt you rather spend the time spent hating a company which fucked up, deliberately or not, doing something else? Such as answering to people that have just stated they will, in five years, still hate someone for something that probably took only eight hours of their life. Not even that bad an eight hours, even. In five years, the company you "hate so much", will have a completely different structure, probably different people at the helm as well. You make no sense, sir.
    Do you really not get it? Are you so dense that this message cannot get through your ridiculously thick skull? Or do you just jump on whatever bandwagon Kadayi is on without knowing any of the reasons for the argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Some people View Post
    Uncivil comments.
    Please, civil discussion only.
    Last edited by Squiz; 23-08-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R-F View Post
    Do you really not get it? Are you so dense that this message cannot get through your ridiculously thick skull? Or do you just jump on whatever bandwagon Kadayi is on without knowing any of the reasons for the argument?
    Are you a child, unable to comprehend that I have a different opinion and I do not deem it worthy for ANY reason, except for maybe raping/abusing someone, you would need to hate any company/person for more than five years? Do you think Im still upset that Hasbro canned Xcom?

EDIT: also, for the record, I was making fun of myself for "wasting time" answering to your post.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 23-08-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Banned
    Are you a child, unable to comprehend that I have a different opinion and I do not deem it worthy for ANY reason, except for maybe raping/abusing someone, you would need to hate any company/person for more than five years? Do you think Im still upset that Hasbro canned Xcom?
    EXCEPT THAT'S NOT THE POINT.

The point is that a company has lied to it's customer base and now you expect them to forgive and forget.

Arguing with you and Kadayi is like arguing with a pair of brick walls. "IT'S MY OPINION, YOU HAVE TO RESPECT IT" without giving any real defence for it and THEN attacking other people's opinions.

Seriously? Dont you have something better to do than to complain about DRM? Wouldnt you rather spend the time spent hating a company which fucked up, deliberately or not, doing something else? Such as answering to people that have just stated they will, in five years, still hate someone for something that probably took only eight hours of their life. Not even that bad an eight hours, even. In five years, the company you "hate so much", will have a completely different structure, probably different people at the helm as well. You make no sense, sir.
    Look at that shit. Just look at it. "Dont you have something better to do than to complain about DRM?"

Yeah, because that's NOT attacking someone's opinion. No, that's just reasonable discourse, of course.

I wasn't even going to try to drum up support or anything, I was merely stating, in a thread, that this fiasco has meant I will not buy any products from this company for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Read his messages and tell me they are civil at all.

Yes, I hate people complaining about DRM and making statements like "OMG ILL BE CROSS AT THEM FOR ANOTHER FIVE YEARS, AND SO SHOULD YOU"

I know your point of view, I just dont agree. But you never seem to be able to defend that standpoint, you just keep repeating in a "louder" sense. And more importantly, if your point is so clear, then why bother at all? Arent you in fact talking to yourself?

Zen.

EDIT: in reply to edit. Then why not just state you wont buy those products? why answer to Kads at all? you have to admit, you replied to him because it carried over from another thread, and you KNEW he wasnt going to budge on this whatsoever. Nor am I. That seems like a reasonable answer, not just "omg hate" which is what you implied, really.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 23-08-2011 at 10:41 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.