Obscure Node

Neotune's Pride meets Advanced Wars

Hey Guys,

I'm the developer of Neptune's Pride.

I was thinking of running a Kick-starter for a new game that was a cross between NP and Advanced Wars.

Would you back it?

Jay.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'd buy it, but I don't KS. Sorry to not be down with the cool kids but I learned not to "pre order" to avoid disappointment.

Have you played 'Days of Ruin' (different names in different areas), I felt that while ripe for expansion on its concept that it had great potential for matches to be interesting with no production whatsoever. And how would you offset neptunes pride real timiness against the turn based constraints of AW.

I would definitely watch this KS closely.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I've played NP, BOTI and Card Hunter. If KS means a change on your business model I'd back anything. Freemium and webpage-only is sheeet, give me a good old honest portable flash exe for $15.

Now, I'm not a big fan of Advance Wars or recruitment-based TBS but if it keeps your high quality game design it will be fine.

EDIT: And IOS-only was another stab too. There's libgdx, monogame and unity now, all of them prooftested "one click deploy" with plenty of documentation and active communities and deploy to desktop, HTML5, Android and IOS.
    Last edited by pakoito; 24-08-2013 at 01:55 AM.

Obscure Node
    I don't think I ever did player the Days of Ruin version.

I was imagining you could queue up orders for each of your units and they would move from square to square in real time. I imagined the units would fire automatically as enemy units came into range, and perhaps you could set a preference for what unit or what kinds of units to target. Fast units might take 2 hours to move from square to square, slow units might take 8 hours.

I'm imagining really big maps with 12 or 16 players in each. Each player would start with a capital and expand out to capture cities and factories.

I haven't worked out the details yet, just trying to work out if the game would be popular.

Jay.

Obscure Node
    @pakoito yes, I have been seriously looking at Unity for the next game and if I had a successful kickstarter, a $15 downloadable would be ideal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Completely real timeness has never really worked for me as a person, getting invaded at work sucks. Be sure to include a batch turn mode :)
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/