Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yes, the game is pretty bad for me right now. Not quite sure what they changed but it doesnt feel the same anymore at all. Add to that the horrible performance(which I never had a problem with before) and im pretty sure they made a big misstake.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

could have gome for unity. but they didnt.

I think we can all agree that the ns team is a bit pants.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I really don't know if Unity and the like supported the stuff needed for infestation at that point. It has been in development for quiet some time. Especially since infestation was the reason why they switched from the HL engine (dunno if it was source or not) to their own. I can surely be done more easily in modern engines now. But when they started development?
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

what? unity isnt a shooter engine, you can do a lot with it now.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    I really don't know if Unity and the like supported the stuff needed for infestation at that point. It has been in development for quiet some time. Especially since infestation was the reason why they switched from the HL engine (dunno if it was source or not) to their own. I can surely be done more easily in modern engines now. But when they started development?
    You're right, I did read somewhere that Source didn't have the capability to produce the dynamic infestation, otherwise they probably would have licenced that.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    could have gome for unity. but they didnt.
    Development of Spark (NS2's engine) was already underway in 2006, Unity probably wasn't even an option for them back then.

I wish Deus Ex Human Revolution would license their engine. I would make the awesomemest detective game ever.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Where if anyone is uncooperative with your investigation you get to knock them unconscious with your metal fists.

well, I much prefer being in a WORKING WORLD instead of a world on the verge of something, you know what I mean? where you dont have go FULL CYBORG in order to play the game, but where it were a choice, instead of a game.

Also, Micheal Jai White as a voice for the detective.
    - Tom De Roeck.