Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Obscure Node
    robbo85 won against ForgeTacular in game 864554 with a score of 30

Obscure Node
    Actually Zlabi, according to the Mode7 posting on order of operations for position bonus, the first rule is that a unit not-moving when engaging the enemy will, and I quote, "Always" win.

With that said, I too have experienced the CherryPHosphate phenomenon; there are a few things that will change that supposed rule of inevitable non-movement victory. Nevertheless, he was correct in making the assumption.

Dathknight has defeated Tommyph1208 in game 867953 with a score of 150
    ForgeTacular has defeated Dathknight in game 867945 with a score of -60

gg guys

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kron-OS View Post
    Yeah, looking forward to a new, bug-free season! Still the games were/are fun; really curious how Zlabi's and Fumarole's will handle the current turn, as both games are in some kind of catch-22 situation...
    Yeah I haven't it figured it out myself. I actually pressed prime at some point, but then I got the something went wrong message and after that I wasn't so sure about my plan^^. Also I momentarily do not have much free time and since this season won't count anyways I cannot bring up the motivation to make my turns. I'm really sorry for letting you wait that long.
    I won't let my games against you and Fleuri time-out and finish it sometime in October. I hope that's ok for you two.

Quote Originally Posted by grizwalter View Post
    Actually Zlabi, according to the Mode7 posting on order of operations for position bonus, the first rule is that a unit not-moving when engaging the enemy will, and I quote, "Always" win.
    With that said, I too have experienced the CherryPHosphate phenomenon; there are a few things that will change that supposed rule of inevitable non-movement victory. Nevertheless, he was correct in making the assumption.
    Good point. It was just so logical to me, because I encountered this situation countless times, so I kind of assumed it was clear to everyone els too. My bad.
    There is a guide on on the FS-wiki which is much better that the Mode7 posting: Principles of Combat
    And there it states in the first line of "Examples of Engagement outcomes" that a unit in cover will win "despite any difference in sighting and stillness".
    Anyone who hasn't read this entry of the wiki: do it! I cannot recommend it highly enough

Obscure Node
    Funny you should mention that post. I knew I'd read that somewhere, and it also seemed logical to me as well, but couldn't remember where. Glad you offered up that link! When I read the Mode7 list of engagement factors, I remember thinking, "Well crap, glad I learned that! How the hell did I make it this far?" lol Now I'm glad I've been "relearned!"

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlabi View Post
    [..]I won't let my games against you and Fleuri time-out and finish it sometime in October. I hope that's ok for you two.
    Sure, take your time; typically I'm also quite a slow player. Only make sure to let the game not time out, would be a pity!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Well, I took a gamble in our game and it didn't pan out. I was stuck in a terrible situation and had little else to do. Next time I won't take the fiancee's advice when it comes to FS!
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Well, I took a gamble in our game and it didn't pan out. I was stuck in a terrible situation and had little else to do. Next time I won't take the fiancee's advice when it comes to FS!
    Yeah, I never let my wife intervene in my FS games . But you're right, you probably hadn't much of a choice. It was either hope that I move my SG or wait for me to reposition my MG. That run of my SG the turn before was quite lucky in this respect...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Yeah, I gambled that you'd have your shottie duck to avoid my gunner getting an angle through the window. I didn't think it would work, but it was either that or don't move at all and hope your gunner couldn't get an angle on me, but even then that would have just delayed the inevitable.

That turn 4 shottie placement has basically won you the match. I refuse to believe it was luck, your placement was absolutely perfect. Well done.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Activated Node
    Thanks . That fourth turn did work out exactly as I hoped. Not only the SG placement, but also getting your MG was a must, or I would have lost by now. But well, let's see how the rest of the game turns out; I've seen similar matches turned around, let's hope I can avoid that here ;-).

Dathknight has defeated gotem in game 867949 with a score of 90

GG :-) !

Activated Node
    Fleuri defeated Zlabi in game 864013 with a score of 99

Apparently the game timed out, which I don't fully understand, since I made a move on the 10th of September so I should have had more time...

Network Hub
    If you search for the game id, you should still be able to play it. It'll have just been moved from your active games list.
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

Activated Node
    No it is definitely lost. I have the result in my match history.
    While thinking about it I realized that I just made 1 turn even though Fleuri already had his turn primed, so maybe that's why the 2-week-timer wasn't reset.
    I don't want to whine about it, just thought I'd mention it...

Activated Node
    Aww, a peculiar detail is that I too forgot about that game. I thought I was done.

Network Hub
    Did any of our UK residents get a chance to check out Frozen Endzone at the Eurogamer expo?
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

Activated Node
    Some more finally finished games of this cursed, bug-plagued season:

Kron-OS defeated Fleuri in game 863534 with a score of 150.
    Kron-OS defeated cimethink in game 864268 with a score of 120.

Both good games, given the circumstances, but I fear especially in the match against Fleuri the outcome was largely influenced by the deterministic spawning pattern... :-/

Activated Node
    Well, partly. But it still comes down to skill in the end.