Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Battlefield 3 - RPS Games To Be Had!

Every Tuesday/Saturday from 20h/7pm (EU/UK) time.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com:80/...kPaperShotgun/

Meet up on RPS' mumble, around the meeting time!

(Original post)
    War and me are trying to get a battlefield 3 thing going this week, preferably tomorrow evening. (though definitely not limited to tomorrow evening)

Though wardancer is having computer problems at the moment, some others have signed on for a game.

So far, itd be:

Quanta
    Moxxi
    laldy
    wardancer
    ercan
    spacein_vader
    bellend
    -
    (TheRed)
    (neema_t)
    (esoteric)

if more people sign up, we will be needing an even number of people more for 6v6.

The server is up! Look for RockPaperShotgun - http://battlelog.battlefield.com:80/...kPaperShotgun/

I would prefer trying Close Quarters, but thats not free nor do you get it with the current www.humblebundle.com (which is ending in 2 days)

there is a cheapish premium DLC thing here: http://www.g2play.net/store/Battlefi...rigin-Key.html
    (it works, I own it)
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 10-09-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Pew pew! :D :D
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

I picked up BF3 in the Humble Bundle over the weekend. As a result I'm a massive noob but I'm open to learning/acting as cannon fodder.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    This sounds interesting, BF3 in discreet squads.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

does that mean youre both in?
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    I'd consider this. Don't have close quarters, though.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    does that mean youre both in?
    I'm in. I do have bog standard BF3 though and haven't played enough to decide if I really want to pay for the premium stuff yet. If you decide to use a mode/map I'll understand and maybe try another game at a later date.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    On the one hand, I'd love to join you guys. On the other, the SWAT 4 guys are playing tomorrow night as well and I've never played that before. So can I say I'm in for this but if you end up with an odd number of people I'll duck out?

With 8 people you could do a 2v2v2v2 SQDM, or if you want non-DLC maps that are a reasonable size the Canals and Kharg TDM maps are pretty good alternatives.
    Last edited by neema_t; 26-08-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Would love to join. But I don't know yet if I will be able to make it. When is it going to start?
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    On the one hand, I'd love to join you guys. On the other, the SWAT 4 guys are playing tomorrow night as well and I've never played that before. So can I say I'm in for this but if you end up with an odd number of people I'll duck out?

With 8 people you could do a 2v2v2v2 SQDM, or if you want non-DLC maps that are a reasonable size the Canals and Kharg TDM maps are pretty good alternatives.
    hm. the thing is, though, the appeal in the game Im trying to get going is teamwork, so I dont think DM is appropriate. Im ready to be convinced otherwise, though.

I need to start a little bit later, so 2030 EU time for me. (so thats 7:30PM UK time)
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Ah, I see what you mean. The thing with CQA is that with one squad per side it'll probably turn into a thing where one squad takes one flag, the other squad takes another and then there's a fight for the third, then whoever wins that fight will probably continue to hold two flags for the rest of the game. What about 2v2v2v2 squad Rush? That's a thing, isn't it? Or maybe 4v4 Rush, but the game would go on for aaaages.

I don't know though, maybe it'll be fine. One thing the clan I was in back in BFBC2 used to do was join a public server but field a squad on each side, so it wasn't like eight of us on one side co-ordinating unfairly against disorganised randoms. It was fun but quite difficult to organise on any server but our own.

I see. well I was thinking of getting a server just for the occasion. Any recommended hosting offers?
    - Tom De Roeck.

premium is on sale on origin for 18€
    - Tom De Roeck.

what the fuck, the offer is gone again.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Most likely a specific region only thing again. Happened before.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

well either way, its all on for tonight, Ill be getting a server in Austria, since most people are from around europe anyway, and the UK is the furthest from all of us ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

Network Hub
    Count me in. I only have the Humble Bundle version.

Quote Originally Posted by b3ll3nd View Post
    Count me in. I only have the Humble Bundle version.
    I fail to see the issue with all of us piling on to a public server, all on one side, or split. It would be fun for me to run as part of a large group in battlefield. To make a go of conquest or rush I think we would require 8v8.

Oops, meant as a general reply as opposed to directed at bellend.
    What is this coffee that you speak of...
    The War Princess. Z2.

hmmmmm. well maybe Ill just buy a server anyway. 16 slots should be enough, no? itll be public if we want it to be.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Are we using voice coms? If so does BF3 have a decent system or are we using Mumble?