Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    hmmm. Ive heard of people updating, but Ive never done it before, sadly. sorry.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

just went to the punkbuster website and downloaded some pbsetup.exe. then after installing, I told it i have bf3, and it had a nice big `check for updates` button that updated itself nicely.. tooled around on the server for a few mins thinking how much harder the guns are to fire than ps2, should be good to go

was good had loads of fun last night! then my computer crapped out on me! sorry about that.
    Ayam... what r u doin... Ayam! stahp!! *squish*

yeah, I had fun though. I think Firestorm with 250 tickets, even with small teams, can be a total blast. the 4v4 we had in the end was a lot of fun. (even with all vehicles, or maybe even because of all the vehicles)
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

had fun, thanks for the game, will be back for more..

I dont have time tonight, I can set some specific options for tonight in case anyone wants to play anyway. since the tickets are still set to 150%, how about conquest only?
    - Tom De Roeck.

BF3 tonight! one of the last evenings, the server is running out in two weeks.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I'll be there!

Yay!

so will artorius.
    - Tom De Roeck.

That last round was so intense my dog urinated on the carpet. I wish I was joking.

hehe. I heard your dog in the background.

Either way, the last bit where we all went medic was fucking awesome. we should do that more often, before were on our last tickets.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Hey everyone. today is the last saturday of the server, so it would be a blast if a bunch of y'all could show up!
    - Tom De Roeck.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    hehe. I heard your dog in the background.
    I didn't because I had my headphones on... No stain though, so no problem. I won't be there tonight unfortunately so Quanta, thank you very much for hosting our games together and thanks to all for the fun matches we had. I honestly think the games I played with you lot were the most fun I had with BF3.

Cheers! that's always nice to hear!
    - Tom De Roeck.

Are you guys going to be running a server for BF3 / 4 anytime soon now the current one is up? A friend and I just joined the RPS forums to finally get back into playing but would rather join you, friendly ragtag bunch of gamers than a crazy clan.

Cheers

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix_Bisto View Post
    Are you guys going to be running a server for BF3 / 4 anytime soon now the current one is up?
    The original BF3 server was organised by the inimitable QuantaCat, but he won't be buying BF4 for the next couple of years (the swine) and there weren't any plans to sort a new BF4 one in the immediate future. I don't know if he'd be interested in arranging another BF3 one. Personally I'll be playing BF4 from launch, and would love to play with RPS folk, though I don't know how many early uptakers there will be. A 16 man/lady server for BF4 would probably cost between 15-20 per month (not sure about this- anyone have a cheaper estimate?). If there were enough people to make it viable I'd be interested in sharing the server cost. I'm skeptical that we could get enough people to make it worthwhile though.

I would be up for sharing the cost if enough people were interested enough. I will also be playing BF4 from launch as will my super special friend.

Should we start a topic about it?

Hello all,

I haven't used the RPS forums in quite some time to find BF3 buddies - but it's good to see there is now a nice little community here. Sadly as we all know, evolution continues apace and BF4 is shortly to devour its younger cousin and take its mantle at the top of the food chain. I think we definitely need a new BF4 thread as a place to gather and share battlelog details and whatnot.

I remember the BF3 server as being quite hard to fill (back in 2011), so I don't think a specific RPS BF4 server will be neccesary. Better to just group up on the forums and mark dates/times for an RPS squad-fest in some random server.

I for one will be nerding it up quite heavily this weekend on BF4.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstons View Post
    I for one will be nerding it up quite heavily this weekend on BF4.
    Let me know when and I shall join you, maybe in the RPS mumble channel?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstons View Post
    I remember the BF3 server as being quite hard to fill (back in 2011), so I don't think a specific RPS BF4 server will be neccesary. Better to just group up on the forums and mark dates/times for an RPS squad-fest in some random server.
    I'm sure you're right. Given that we're only now able to get decent numbers on the BF3 servers would suggest that the number of early BF4 players will not be that high. I'll be playing as well this weekend (provided amazon's release day delivery comes through... I shall be cursing them with bitter nerdy rage otherwise), so feel free to add me if you're on. My battlelog: N7Hale. I'll be on the RPS mumble channel.