Network Hub Gentleman Jim Stacey's Avatar
    Simine Fralinie's bookshop, east Canalworks, Vivec

Finally: Red Orchestra 2 gameplay trailer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...chestra/719542

I'm looking forward to this more than Battlefield 3. MPGOTY (mipgoaty).

Possibly my most anticipated game of the year. Can't wait.

If anyone ordered the deluxe edition, Tripwire have outlined a possible start of the beta, August 30th:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=56818

That was brilliant!
    That tiny little clip of the tanks firing at eachother, the bayonet charge and the guy who looks like he just took off after a shell landed at his feet... I'm excited.

Activated Node
    Aaaaaaaagh :(

Bloody awesome trailer though!

One thing worth noting is how awesome the sound effects are on the weapons. They sound better than BC2 and Far Cry 2 (my top 2 for gun sounds) if I'm being perfectly honest.

This game looks good, and I'm definitely going to buy both, but people seriously think this looks more fun that Battlefield 3? Both games look good, but BF3 looks so much better to me based on the recent trailers for both games - not being a troll, I'm just surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Hensler View Post
    This game looks good, and I'm definitely going to buy both, but people seriously think this looks more fun that Battlefield 3? Both games look good, but BF3 looks so much better to me based on the recent trailers for both games - not being a troll, I'm just surprised.
    I'm basing this on the first red orchestra, battlefield bad company 2 and battlefield 2.

I like both series but have to say I find RO more fun. Because of the high lethality and ubiquity of cover, RO is a lot slower paced and requires more tactical skill and less twitch skill. If you get yourself into a dangerous situation it's unlikely you'll be able to get out of it, because you do not have the health to take a lot of surprise hits, and you do not have the accuracy, weapon speed (like switching from weapon to weapon) and rate of fire to return effective fire in a pinch. This means you have to think carefully every time you move, every time you shoot, and every time you pop out of cover. "Do I fire at a sniper's position and give my position away, or do I break cover and run to get closer while he doesn't know I'm here, at the risk of him getting a quick shot off when he does sees me running?". The system is brutal, but very fair (I think) so the risk of any action is usually clear.

This is why I find RO more fun, because it is about risk evaluation and forethought, as opposed to how well you can shoot and manouver.

I love battlefield too, and I do not think it is a worse design, but it works differently. It is more relaxed so it is easier to just rush in and not pay attention while still staying alive, because you get so much health, and you can fire effectively while on the move. In battlefield you can run at a defending machine gunner and survive, you can't do that in RO. The good thing in battlefield is that you can do ridiculously over the top stuff in an enivironment that is still half realistic. You can get in a tank, crash into a building full of enemies, get out, climb throgh the window, kill them all, order an aistrike on your position and then run away while more enemies enter the house where you ordered the airstrike. I just prefer RO's way of doing things.

Tldr: Red orchestra is slow, battlefield is fast, I prefer slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hensler View Post
    The Alpha did much to lower my expectations. Don't like vehicles regenerating health and 3D spotting has worn out its welcome. Sorry bro.