Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    JG man, The joystick video is pretty short. Looks good though. How are the controls working? Is the whole idea about the pilot's hands moving to press a key when you do implemented?
    The video was mostly linked for comedy value, hence it being linked with that hilarious glitchy one with perfectly attributed Star Trek music. The controls are working in the sense that yes, you can press buttons and the handles/pedals move, but it doesn't do anything and the animation isn't quite yet - missing a few frames to say the least. I've yet to try them with my 360 controller though, which could certainly be a bit smoother with analogue movement behind them.

As for the other comments, it's an MMO in the sense that it is an online game with a lot of people playing, but I think it'd be fairer to say it's a persistent universe with large groups of players in, of which you can be by yourself and do your own thing. The single player component, Squadron 42, can be done co-op. Bigger ships allow for more crew and they can do different things, so you'll want a carrier for a whole group of people able to run things ship-board (and that's before you even get into pilots for any docked ships).

EDIT: Now with bonus actual space ships.

Last edited by The JG Man; 31-08-2013 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Added images
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

You should be able to blow these up to 1080 if you open them in a new tab.

Hopefully they will get rid of that fog. Also, no sufficient light in the cheap hangar? Really? Put some largeish lamps in there!

oh wait, is this squadron 42 only?
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nahru2 View Post
    Hopefully they will get rid of that fog. Also, no sufficient light in the cheap hangar? Really? Put some largeish lamps in there!
    I'd kill for a light switch, although I believe that's definitely aesthetic choice. The business and deluxe hangars...I want to say improved lighting, but it'd be more fair to say actual lighting. That said, someone on the RSI forums looked through some stuff and was able to change the bloom settings, so I imagine it's possible to change the area lighting. At the same time, considering how early this stuff is, I'm not exactly upset.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    oh wait, is this squadron 42 only?
    Not sure what you mean by that? The ship you have, I believe, you can use throughout the S42 campaign as well as in the persistent SC universe.

Banned
    That certainly doesn't look like something that requires 8GB RAM to run.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    At the same time, considering how early this stuff is, I'm not exactly upset.
    Yeah, plenty of time to improve and change things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    That certainly doesn't look like something that requires 8GB RAM to run.
    I suppose that developers know better. This is an early (pre-alpha? alpha? something?) version of the game, and engine certainly is not optimised yet. I think it is understandable that the game requires 8 GB of RAM at this point. Also, I see no issue with it requiring that much of RAM regardless. RAM is so cheap these days that having 8 GB is hardly a huge investment, especially when hardware requirements of games are taken into consideration (ie. games are much more GPU and CPU bound, yet to have a decent GPU/CPU one needs to invest quite a bit of money).

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post

Not sure what you mean by that? The ship you have, I believe, you can use throughout the S42 campaign as well as in the persistent SC universe.
    not quite sure. I didnt really buy into the squadron 42 thing, more into the original thing they proposed. its been too long, really.

and they still havent gotten back to me with my backers info.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Well as far as I'm aware, you can completely ignore SQ42 and just play in the persistent universe. I think they said that if you had played through it, remarks made about you by NPCs could be different and I suppose how different factions view you, but I'm sure nothing you couldn't mostly obtain through just playing it. It might take some time with the backers info, unfortunately.

A sizeable update today allowed integration with the new shop that opened up...and since closed down because the community calmly (...) agreed the pricing was a bit off, which the devs more than obliged with changing. By way of this, the holographic customiser/workbench was also added. Nifty interface too:

They've also addressed in-ship lighting by adding some.

Last edited by The JG Man; 31-08-2013 at 06:25 PM.