ASUS Smartdoctor

Hi!

My ASUS geforce 560 Ti came with ASUS smartdoctor software and I'm using it only for it's "smart cooling" option (fan speed is a function of the GPU temperature) and not for overclocking. I noticed more than once that the smartdoctor is causing system "hicups" that can only be solved with restarting windows (shutting smartsoctor down stops does hicups, but restaring the programs brings them back). sometimes does hicups turn into complete system freeze...

My question is: Can I stop using smartdoctor and trust the card's own cooling logic?

Thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    That functionality should be built into the card's BIOS. Programs are only necessary if you want to alter how the card responds to different temperatures. And since you're having issues with Smartdoctor, I'd recommend something like MSI Afterburner instead. It lets you set a fan curve, so fan RPM ramps up according to temperature as decided by you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I have the same card and the same thing happened. Use MSI Afterburner instead like Sakkura said. ASUS make nice cards, but their add on software can be a bit pants at time.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Thanks for the answers.
    I will give MSI afterburner a shot.

After is giving me a constant message: "RTSS has stopped working".
    Any idea what it means and how to solve this issue? (could not founf an answer in google or the MSI forums).

Edit: problem solved by disabling screen capture ability.
    Last edited by Avish; 30-08-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    That's weird. Seems like the problem may not have been with Smartdoctor. Might be some obscure driver problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    That's weird. Seems like the problem may not have been with Smartdoctor. Might be some obscure driver problem.
    Probably, but I can live without screenshots... I'll see if the problems continue with afterburner.

Update: Apparently the problem was connected to the new HP wireless mouse and keyboard I bought on Friday.

So now I have to look for new drivers for those or just bring it back to the store.