Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Network Hub
    I think it's worth pointing out that this was the first time, to my knowledge (based on quasi-constant play on 95% of nights since beta), that the giraffes have spent a prolonged period hunting RTRS in a methodical manner. It was also the first time I'm aware of that we didn't have a single squad running at prime logon time (1930ish GMT) due to an increased level of people playing NC alts and some general burnout / reduced active outfit members the past few weeks.

I can see how "harassing the traitors" can have been brought up as a Good Idea in the context of half a squad forming up at a time when we'd normally have 2 or more squads pressing their normal agenda. In retrospect, I completely agree that doing this via mumble meta-spy shit, and doing it for a lot of Freedom Friday even once we'd got back up to our usual squad levels, did not constitute Cool and Friendly Play.

For my part, please accept my apologies for not thinking in these terms and consequently not speaking up about said issues whilst they unfolded. I don't speak a great deal during our ops, but I promise that this is something I'll try to spot and make sure to raise if it looks like happening again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    While we're on the subject of hunting, y'all spandex wearing mindslaves should ask Bankrotas for his giraffe-hunting ruleset so you can keep a tally and some trophies.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Well this sucks.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

you guys do realise that its quite easy to set a key for your mumble chan that you only need to add once, right?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    you guys do realise that its quite easy to set a key for your mumble chan that you only need to add once, right?
    It's also possible just to go and set up our own server. But do you really want that?
    What you offer is path to resentment and dislike, while we're trying to get on the path of honorable competition and respect.

To be fair, its not *that* bad. It happened once, and the people that did it already apologised and said they wouldnt do it again.

What more can you want, really? Hence me suggesting the password thing.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    Sadly I have to disagree with this as I got a few wispers from people who dd call it an early night as they where a little frustrated and didn't want to ruin it for the other people.
    I just caught up with those folks who did quit early for this reason, totally didn't realise there were a few of you and sorry about that guys, next time I'll have a decent discussion with y'all before posting up bouncy bouncy sht when it should've been hissy hissy sht. I can do hissy hissy, just ask my lisp.

Obscure Node

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    next time I'll have a decent discussion with y'all before posting
    Implying that there will be a next time. Don't worry, we won't be doing this sht again.

And, as everyone else vaguely involved with this has already come out with, sorry for any inconvenience and/or frustration caused by our half squad - we were left with 8 disgruntled, unled troops when everyone left to go play NC. Not that that justifies anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Protorp
    the giraffes have spent a prolonged period hunting

As far as I'm aware (and I know I can't account for the squad while I was away) the RPS squad did one spy, one galaxy drop - lancing both NC and then TR. Then we decided it was stupid, probably annoying and so changed to lancing TR zerg at crossroads watchtower.

But yeah, summary:
    -Never again
    -Sorry
    -See you guys in war - properly this time.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I was probably one of the ones that was most pissed off, since I pulled a Vanguard from Mao tech and got insta-gibbed by you fuckers without even realising we were nowhere near VS territory. Still, I didn't see it as a reason for rage-quitting.

Don't really understand what went through anyone's head, can't see how anyone could have thought that was fun and just generally think it puts your lot in a massively bad light.

So you were annoyed because your leaders came to play with us? Well I can see an easier solution than being dickheads about it - just roll an NC character and come and shotgun TR in the face.

All very well saying it'll never happen again but raises serious concern about the mindsets of those involved.

Fucking lancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman202 View Post
    Implying that there will be a next time. Don't worry, we won't be doing this sht again.
    Next time there's any issue, I meant; I'm not hot on the indirect sht.

Next time you're bored ask me, "What is Big Game Hunters?"

While it was annoying to have my fresh no-upgrades Lightning lancered, I didn't mind too much. We've been hunted by RTRS often enough, and I remember a few times where RTRS came in our channel to find out where we were.

It's not too cool, but hardly the end of the world. Can we move on?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by REDACTED View Post
    While it was annoying to have my fresh no-upgrades Lightning lancered, I didn't mind too much. We've been hunted by RTRS often enough, and I remember a few times where RTRS came in our channel to find out where we were.

It's not too cool, but hardly the end of the world. Can we move on?
    *presses STOP on a grenade-shaped dictaphone after the final words of [redacted]’s grainy testimony*

*extends a steel hook-hand which slowly points down the row of nervous NC troops starting from Lieutenant Dominicus down to ashivering Chef Vanstrak*

*walks down in front of the row of soldiers then walks back up again, occasionally pausing in front of a soldier to snarl at them (especially Vanu tourists who logged in precisely at the wrong time)*

“My office…

…10 minutes…

…ALL OF YOU…

…For freedom…

…blah freedom blah freedom BAH”

*a glowering tyrannical glint in Ayam’s eye, the entire line of heroes collectively wishes waffly were back FOR FREEDOM*

*Ayam begins to leave but whirls back around in a display which is so stunning that it cannot be properly defined in this incredibly professional RTRS fanfic*

And ANYONE ELSE willing to confess to this from RTRS, be warned, Frederic Bastiat shall be DESTROYED for his bravery! And LaKroy et al shall be DESTROYED TOO for their honesty and apologies! Apologies? APOLOGI-

*A soldier sneezes and says sorry*

APOLOGIES?!

* Ayam turns his back on the row of troops and leaves, his hook-hand trailing across the wall, making horrible squeaky screechy sounds with his mouth because the wall isn’t scratchy enough*

*20 minutes later RTRS stumble out of a 17th storey blue and yellow officehaving moved on (to the next drama: NOT ENOUGH FREEDOM CUPCAKES PROVIDED DURING THE MEETING)*

And then I woke up and it was ALLLL a dream!

you show ayam your butt once! and he cant stop dreaming about you..
    Ayam... what r u doin... Ayam! stahp!! *squish*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanstrak View Post
    you show ayam your butt once! and he cant stop dreaming about you..
    And it is a known fact that Vanu butt is OP.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    So it turns out the TR in RTRS means Terran Republic Tyrant Ayam, fear my ironsights!
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus