Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar

A Really Serious And Dramatic Planetside 2 Video Featuring Dramatic Music and That

Since I turned up a little late to tonights party, I thought I'd make the most of a bad situation and see if I'm actually able to make a video without the precious observercam.

The results speak for themselves.

Thanks to nickthenegligent for the incredible moves.

Get (down) it - http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...tside_2_video/

Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Hahaha! Brilliant!

May I suggest a follow up in which Nick has taught all of RPS his moves? :)

Best video.

You're a magician Jag. I'm probably-definitely completely bias but this is absolutely amazing.

Also i would most certainly reprise the role for an 'RPS Edition' sequel!
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

still need stuffs
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

awesome! unz unz unz!
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Nice, I like it! I approve of making a RPS version, though timing it all right might be tricky, what with the internet and all.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I approve of a super dramatic rps version. all in giraffe camo and some disco mags.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    I approve of a super dramatic rps version. all in giraffe camo and some disco mags.
    Spinning magriders! Bind turn to keys for smooth maximum speed spin. :D

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    still need stuffs
    Check your email homie. I'll need your dropbox info but I'll try to do it tonight.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    You're a magician Jag. I'm probably-definitely completely bias but this is absolutely amazing.

Also i would most certainly reprise the role for an 'RPS Edition' sequel!
    Yeah, sorry I know I said I'd wait and maybe get more footage but patience is not a virtue I've ever had in much supply.

As to the calls for an RPS version, two thoughts on that. My first thought was to actually upload that one to the RPS channel but just forgot in the end, so maybe it would be good to have another version on there.

Also, when I was looking at the footage I was kicking myself for not getting you in giraffe camo but ultimately it worked. That video was most definitely more Nick than RPS so the arctic camo was perfect.

But yeah I'd be up for a more madcap version with the rest of the crew, straight away I'm imagining as many as we can fit on top of a gal at the flight ceiling. Then maybe make it sillier from there!

Network Hub
    This is brilliant... and also spookily reminiscent of how Nick voluntarily spends his spare time during Arma3 missions.

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Yeah, being an IRL friend of Nick, and having played many a game with the chap, I can testify to the fact that this is very him.

This is indeed how he spends his spare time in video games.... Usually accompanied by some kind of cackling or other obscure laughter.

What does it say about me, though, that this is my favourite video as of yet?

I really want to be involved in an RPS version, and yeah its a great idea to upload it to the channel, as its been a bit dead as of late!

nice work.

Thinking about it, I just realised a possible problem with scaling this up. To the uninitiated won't it just look like a Harlem Shake 6 months too late?

Over the course of last night i received 4 or 5 tells from different people who wanted to see the moves. It was very surreal.

#Millerfamous

Yeah, maybe key it in with LaKroy's idea of me as the character from this video, teaching the rest of the outfit and keep the key elements from the first video? It's only going to be for the youtube channel isnt it? Doesnt have to have a great deal of substance behind it. Just something we can all scoff at. How about we have it as an official Silly Monday thing? We can discuss it from there perhaps?
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Between this and Ridebirds Miller fame, does this make me Millers Simon Cowell? Ew.

Anyway, yeah I probably shouldn't overthink it, especially since I genuinely thought this video was going to disappear from Reddit seconds after uploading and be forgotten about instantly. I never had a good sense for what will actually work.

At the moment most Mondays are my Fridays so I'm happy to make a Silly Monday of it if everyone else is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    How about this Monday then?
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Yeah I dont think there should necessarily be any story to it... just whack a loosely related title on it like: RPS does a really serious video, and have a bunch of us dancing in different situations..

Varied scenes with one person, some with a few, some with hundreds.... I suppose you could make the number build throughout the video..

How difficult would it be to have the number sequentially increase in dancers throughout the entire thing?

Start with just Nick, then after a few seconds, scene change with nick and another guy, etc etc until we use up all of our guys.

No flow to the areas, just randomness like the last one, with different scenes, but increasing numbers.

One thing I would say is maybe think of an awesome song that people can actually listen to in real time, which will then be the theme during the video so that the crouch-dancing is synched up.

I think this is sort of relevant:

I like the idea of more joining the dancing ranks as the video goes on. The newcomer could walk into the picture and join the ones already dancing. Would require some mild organisation though.

A potential problem is that in order to maintain the random locations, you would have to move to an entirely different area for each shot. I.e. 1st shot on Amerish, 2nd on Indar, 3rd on Esamir, and so on, instead of doing a smooth tour around each continent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Bit of fan art.
    Last edited by Rizlar; 19-10-2013 at 12:28 AM.