Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BF3 Game

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    The basis of a large number of complaints against bf3 was the fact that the maps are really quite tight for the pop size. If you play full size Caspian Border (5 cap points), it's still a cluster fuck round the hilltop, the garage and the forest. Huge parts of the map are never touched/ used. (A version of Wake Island is part of the "return to karkand" expansion.)
    Its not necessarily the size of the maps, but that its a modern setting. The vehicles just get you around a lot faster, so it feels smaller.

Additionally, the buildings have been placed closer together to provide a more varied infantry experience on vehicular maps, which means that there are a lot of tight spaces, and lots of buildings bunched up. Not necessarily a bad thing, but if you dont play it a certain way, you can end up being pinned down.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Do any of you think that the DLC seriously enhances the gameplay?

Also, theres still the issue of the server.
    Yes, definitely. The amount of extra things to unlock and play with is actually quite substantial when you actually get around to it.

Several new game modes, several new play styles, loads of weapons and other unlockables. Lots more vehicles and ways to use them, lots more achievement style things like dog tags and awards and assignments etc.

I mean, I guess you could argue that now that BF4 is around the corner it could be a waste of money, but if you can get it cheap (somebody mentioned like $15 somewhere?) then its most definitely worth it for the couple of months play until bf4. If you have the money that is... better than spending it on a bunch of money for PS2 in my opinion, because you actually get a lot of new content.

IF you think about it, it was a fantastic deal when they first released it.... you got 5 expansion packs, which on their own would used to have cost you £10 each, for about £30 -40 for all of it. I remember paying £10 each for the BF2 expansion packs when they came out and they were just maps and weapons..

Premium has multiple game modes added, like:

Scavenger: everybody starts with pistols on earthquake ridden maps, and have to find weapons lying around with very limited ammo.

Gun master: Similar to gun game I think its called on CS, where you get better guns for getting more kills. Not very balanced but fun to mess around with.

some version of conquest where you cap points really fast or something?

Capture the flag... self expanatory

that mode where if you capture a certain point, you get a gunship up in the air to sit in with a few team mates. This is actually really well balanced considering, because even though its powerful, it can be shot down pretty easily.

As I said, tonnes of assignments (do x, y to unlock z), and other achievable things. (weapons, dogtags, awards etc)

4 new maps with each expansion, so the entire pack gives you 20 more maps to play on, which is pretty nice. The maps are all really nicely made and quite fun to play on, ranging from small close quarters maps with tonnes of destruction, to massive maps for tanks and stuff.

(also comes with some other crap like videos and other 'exclusive' content... guides for playing and what not.)

TL;DR: Yes, definitely.... if you think you will play it in the next couple of months and can find it pretty cheaply online.

By the way, last time we had a blast, even though it was only 4v4 or 3v3. I suggest everyone get on tonight, including the guys-that-say-they-want-to-but-never-do pauly and nick. You lazy bastards :D

Ill try to be there too!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Had a great game last night, Moxxie, wardancers, artorious and hale were there. I would love to play with more of yall. (we had a blast) Dont know if Giantplaything and spaceinvader are also PS2 players?
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    As soon as I get internet working and am back at home expect me to be there!

I'm sure I said it somewhere before but http://www.bf3stats.com makes for an interesting read.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Keep meaning to attend, since I installed BF3 but haven't given it a proper go yet. Next tuesday!

y no luv for saturday?
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Next saturday!

Sorry! Ill make sure to get on more, but the last couple days I have been doing a load of physical labour type work and thus way too tired to do... well, anything!

you do realise, pauly, that Ive stopped reading whatever you write in this thread? :D
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I've been having too much fun playing Planetside lately to feel much in the mood for Battlefield. Oh, and yesterday was another amazing blues night, so... no gaming. Seriously, blues dancing is truly better than sex. Blues > sex > playing games. Unless someone were to offer sex and/or blues dancing with the gaming...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Eso, if I'm not mistaken, one can find anything imaginable on the internet... :x

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Had a great game last night, Moxxie, wardancers, artorious and hale were there. I would love to play with more of yall. (we had a blast) Dont know if Giantplaything and spaceinvader are also PS2 players?
    I d/l PS2 on launch and solo'd for about an hour, not touched it since as I didn't have the faintest idea what I was meant to be doing and got fed up of being shot from miles away by people I couldn't see.

Quote Originally Posted by spacein_vader View Post
    I d/l PS2 on launch and solo'd for about an hour, not touched it since as I didn't have the faintest idea what I was meant to be doing and got fed up of being shot from miles away by people I couldn't see.
    you should update and try and get in with the RPS. the blue or purple guys, either are great crowd. PS2 is not meant to be played alone.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Oh, yes, you most certainly should! Try it again. Nt only is the game truly meant to be played with a group of people on voice comms, but it is also actually a much better and more matured game now than it was at launch. Planetside 2 offers something that I know of no other game that does, which is the persistent PVP shooter in that great big world. It's also very pretty if you have the machine to run it at ultra settings.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

ok, hopefully youll all be there tonight!
    - Tom De Roeck.

Yesterday was brilliant. cheers all for showing up!
    - Tom De Roeck.

And again, tonight good games are to be had, and not just 4v4. (though it generally is on tuesdays)
    - Tom De Roeck.

So. how many of yall are up for tonight? because Im considering cancelling my server this time.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Fancy changing some of the server settings?

Firstly, turning third person vehicle cam ON.

Secondly, setting it to normal mode rather than shitty hardcore. (show hud on and friendly fire off).

The current server settings frankly suck. I firmly believe the server settings should reflect the good old battlefield games. I hate all that hardcore bullshit.

ok, pauly pauly pauly. you havent played one time with us but now youre requesting features? tsk tsk!

Also, the server is set in idle mode now, which means ranked and hardcore standard settings. when we play, we have a custom ruleset.
    - Tom De Roeck.