Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Obscure Node
    Rayman: Legends is a wonderful game and it baffles me that RPS still haven't covered it post-release, unless someone is seriously trying to finish it before a WIT, locked in a padded cell and screaming at the final levels. It's everything games should be and more. Yes, it's hard, but the levels unlock consecutively so you can pick and choose which things to do, so it avoids much of Origins' brick wall approach as long as you don't mind reaching a point where you're not good enough to complete the levels you have left. It's also checkpointed a little more forgivingly than Origins. There are a few other things too, like a football multiplayer thing and various daily and weekly challenged. It's full of wonderful touches, none of which I'll spoil here but are just amazing to experience. It's one of those games where even if you are awful at platformers you just have to own to see and hear it.
    Last edited by Gap Gen; 07-09-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: clarification?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Does it still have local coop, or just online?

Obscure Node
    I haven't tried either yet. See http://uk.ign.com/wikis/rayman-legends/Multiplayer if that helps.

Yeah cool. So this is a game I have to buy. Still not 100%ed Origins, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    Yeah cool. So this is a game I have to buy. Still not 100%ed Origins, though.
    I have 2 lums left. Damn you, amazing game!
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Anyone who thinks Rayman is lovely has obviously never played the original game. It taught me the meaning of anger.
    On the contrary, Rayman taught me that anger in the end is ultimitaly unneccesary, and that enjoying the beauty of the experience is what it is all about.
    I have very very very fond memories of Rayman.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I'm worried. I played the demos for Rayman "Origins" and Rayman "Legends" and I appreciated neither of them in any capacity, aesthetically or mechnically. Am I undead? :(
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    I'm worried. I played the demos for Rayman "Origins" and Rayman "Legends" and I appreciated neither of them in any capacity, aesthetically or mechnically. Am I undead? :(
    Awww, man ... not even the sound design? And the unusual move of including the always-delightful Mouthharp in many parts of the soundtrack? Also kazoos?

You might be undead. Mechanically, I can totally see you there. I like it but not because it's especially interesting. More because it can be quite challenging to collect certain of the glowy bug things, though otherwise it's not challenging or inventive mechanically. Aesthetically, it's incredibly imaginative and surprising and in my opinion delightful but you can be excused for having different tastes.

Zombie tastes.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    the always-delightful Mouthharp
    Ok, you've got me there. Even zombies like mouth-harps.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Ahhh, so that's what that instrument is called!

Jaw Harp, or actually (though rarely used now) originally the Jew or Jew's Harp.

Not sure how to play it properly. I can get a good sound out of one but it fucking hurts my teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    You are clearly a psychopath. Do you envision yourself strangling kittens? Drowning puppies?
    Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Will get this on Wii U we get next week (was originally Wii U exclusive, designed with using the GamePad). Be fun to try 5 player co-op.

Speaking of which, why is cross-platform co-op not yet a thing with platformers? I would love to play co-op with me on the PC and two other guys on the Wii U, but I doubt that Nintendo will ever give me that pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Speaking of which, why is cross-platform co-op not yet a thing with platformers? I would love to play co-op with me on the PC and two other guys on the Wii U, but I doubt that Nintendo will ever give me that pleasure.
    Dust 514 has that, but not exactly.
    There was that Shadowrun game for the 360.
    Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Anyone who thinks Rayman is lovely has obviously never played the original game. It taught me the meaning of anger.
    Was that the one with that level where you had to jump over a big ass row of upturned pencils? Holy shit that level pissed me off.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Portal 2 is the only big example of this I can think of atm and that was only to the PS3.

I imagine deals with the console owners are a big enough thing to stop a lot of this and most publishers wont care about the feature.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Which is a downer, since it splits the community into 3-4 groups. Buy into the one with no one playing it anymore, you are screwed. PC is usually the safe bet, since there is usually people playing and/or the games been modded to play online easier.

For something like Rayman seems silly not to have cross platform.

Monster Hunter 3 has the cross platform between 3DS and Wii U, but of course its Nintendo platforms only.