Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Grand Theft Auto V multiplayer and Social Club crew!

Hey guys!

I know GTA V is not coming out on PC for a while, but with the console release date being mere two weeks away, I thought I might remind the people who will buy it for the Xbox or the PS3 that there is a Social Club crew which I had initially created for Max Payne 3.

As you probably know, crews will carry over between all Rockstar games and are platform-independent, so if you want to play with RPS people after the release of GTA Online, this is probably your best bet.

We have 15 members as of now, most of which joined the crew back in the Max Payne 3 days.

Personally I will be playing GTA V multiplayer on the Xbox 360 together with a few other RPS guys, but I am certain that a fair amount of people in that group will be playing it on PS3, too.

Anyway, here is the link for the group:
    http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/..._paper_shotgun

As the release of GTA Online draws closer, I will put up some information here and on the group's wall as to when we will play together!

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Have joined in, not sure if I'll wait for the pc version yet or jump in on the ps3. We shall see..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I've joined too, I imagine I'll probably be playing it on PS3 before PC.

The map for GTA V has been leaked in case you are interested: http://i.imgur.com/MDRCIle.jpg

Also, only one week left until release!

Release of GTA Online is now really close!
    Rockstar have published an article on their newswire that explains some of the features etc. that will be available at launch and what they have planned for the near future.

Interesting stuff!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...to-online.html

Yeah, super psyched for GTA online to launch!

I've just joined it now. Hopefully we've got a few more PS3 blokes in, then I can mastermind me some heists!

Just wondering about the heirachy. We'll want somebody reasonably high up on the PS3 side of things as well, I would have thought anyway. The rankings look like they're going to play some sort of part in GTAO.

Yah, I know a couple of guys who will play on PS3. Once Online launches and we'll see who actually plays etc. I'll decide on the crew hierarchy. The current one is just temporary.

It's not like it does anything, really. From what I can tell it's just to better organise the crew etc. Each rank gets a couple more functions like kicking crew members or changing the crew's motto etc.

But as I said, once Online launches I'll take a look at the hierarchy again.

I'm on PS3, my PSN is neema_t for anyone who wishes to add me, I'm going to be all over GTAO like a hawk for quite some time I expect. I'd like to suggest that we use something other than the PS3's abominable voice chat though, if possible?

Finally got in an hour ago and played since then, what are your opinions on Online if you played it?
    So far I am completely stunned at how amazing and detailed it is.

I love it. Or I should say loved, I played for two hours, stopped to have lunch, came back and I couldn't load my characters. I hope this is just because their Social Club servers are having a hard time and not because I've actually genuinely lost my saves. I really can't wait for this to come to PC, it's too hard to organise group games on PS3 and the voice chat sucks so being able to play with Mumble and draw people in with the RPS Steam group chat would be great.

I think my favourite new 'feature' so far is being able to shout at store clerks so they empty the till faster, even though I don't have a headset to do that with. NO WAIT! It's being able to add your crew emblem to your cars. NO! Car bombs. No! Tracking cars so you don't lose them. Ahhh I don't know, there's so much more to GTA Online than GTA V...

Does anyone else think the reason it's called GTA Online and the reason they have microtransactions are because the multiplayer component is going to become F2P in a few months' time?

I simply love going around and robbing 24/7's and gas stations, then driving off, taking off the mask I put on before, losing a wanted star and then sharing my cash with the getaway driver.

I enjoy the cash/bank account system, although the game says you drop your cash when another player kills you. However, if I kill another player they always seem to only drop 100$, no matter what.

As to GTA Online going F2P, I don't think so. But it will definitely become standalone.

I bought my first apartment today.
    The CCTV and Weazel News thing on the TV is pretty cool!
    It also comes with a garage that holds two vehicles.

0_0.jpg

Looking forward to finally getting involved with you guys (I'm a regular with the RPS Planetside2 lot), once the servers and the social club servers start behaving. Still haven't got past the tutorial race. :/

Network Hub

GTA Online (Not PC yet...)

Not on PC yet I know, good grief I'd be playing it on PC if it was, but I've been struggling to find people to play with now that GTA online is working. Maybe we could use this thread to connect to others?

I'm in the UK on PS3, ID is TacticleSpasm. Please feel free to add me to your friends list.

Join the RPS crew! If you do that you don't have to add anyone to anything, you'll be able to join games with us (having said that, no one was accepting my copious invites yesterday but then I couldn't accept any either, so) easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Commissar View Post
    I bought my first apartment today.
    The CCTV and Weazel News thing on the TV is pretty cool!
    It also comes with a garage that holds two vehicles.
    Nice. I'm still living out of my $25k 2-car garage. Is it true you can't have a house and a garage? I thought we were supposed to be able to buy more than one garage and a house, but someone told me he had to sell his garage to buy a house because the game wouldn't let him not do that.

What level are you? I'm 13, but because a lot of PS3 players are saying they're losing their saves a lot I'm going to not log in until I can be sure I won't lose my save.

Stealing high priority cars from players on the bridge to the docks is fun!

I merged the two threads about GTA online.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

I've joined the crew, looking forward to getting some time online this weekend after the past two evenings of failure. Apparently they've released a new PS3 patch so fingers crossed it'll be working when i get home.

Latest from R*

Update -- 5:30 PM ET 10/3/13:
    • We're currently working on a title update for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to address commonly reported issues with GTA Online. We hope to have it out for download as soon as tomorrow.

I'm level 24 now.
    Didn't have any problems with character resetting so I just played non-stop.
    And yes, it's true you can only own one thing at a time.
    I wanted to buy an extra garage close to my apartment but it told me I'd have to sell the apartment to buy the garaga.
    Sucks in my opinion.

And I agree, stealing the import/export cars is good fun.
    But my favourite activity has to be bounty hunting in free roam.
    And I especially love escaping when there is a bounty on me.
    It seems that NPC's can put a bounty on you if you steal their cars, and I had a 10.000 dollar bounty on me today.

Of course half the server came looking for me, but I barricaded myself on one of the big cargo ships at the docks and sniped people as they were getting close.
    At some point the bounty hunters started killing each other, too. That was when I made my daring escape by jumping into the water and swimming to a tiny rocky island just off the coast. The hunters came after me and I shot them one by one as they were swimming towards me. Swam for the sore, ran into the forest, jacked a car and drove to my apartment.

As I was almost there, the game told me I survived my bounty, gave me the 10.000 Dollars and I got an achievement for surviving a bounty.
    But it took AGES until that happened.

Anyway, I heard the update is out on PS3, we Xbox players are still waiting.
    Did the PS3 update improve anything?