Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Don't know yet old mate, it's the weekend so I'm unable to game because I'm doing boyfriend duties. Tomorrow instead of showing people where to get planes and helicopters I'll be seeing that new Woody Allen film. Frankly I'm still worried to log in anyway, I'm kind of waiting to hear that everything is fine, but another part of me just wants to get back into it.

Speaking of air vehicles, I've noticed a lot less turbulence even with only a tiny amount of flying skill, have you? I was pleasantly surprised at being able to hover disconcertingly over fellow criminals.

Yeah, aircraft seem to be much more stable than in singleplayer.
    Especially helicopters are easier to fly!

Anyway, Rockstar says the Xbox update is going to hit some time tonight, so fingers crossed it's there when I decide to play tomorrow.
    They also just launched the Social Club overhaul for GTA Online, and it includes a feature to share photographs you made with the in-game Snapmatic app!
    I'm looking forward to seeing hilarious stuff from you guys.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Hei there, I also joined the crew and hope to play with you sometimes.

I was wandering in the wilderness of Los Santos county an hour ago, when PhatChance came and tried to run me over with his car :D.

Does anybody know, where I can find a plane? I found helicopters near the yacht harbour and at the airport and I also found a jet in the military base (I got shot before I could use it), but I could not find a normal plane.

I'm level 11 now and it's really funny.

Edit:
    My XBox gamer tag is gloominatee, if someone wants to add me.
    Last edited by persistent_gloom; 09-10-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Greetings -- I'm Rittenhaus on the Social Club and Alppo on PSN should you wish to expand your roster of RPS players of GTA V. I'd also play other games on PSN... RDR mostly. PSN's dreadful voice chat doesn't really do much for me, though. I'd be grateful for suggestions of alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by persistent_gloom View Post
    Does anybody know, where I can find a plane? I found helicopters near the yacht harbour and at the airport and I also found a jet in the military base (I got shot before I could use it), but I could not find a normal plane.
    You can usually find airplanes at the Sandy Shores airfield. Alternatively try the McKenzie Field Hangar or some of the southern Hangar buildings on the big airport in LS.
    I found that air vehicle spawns are tied to your level, so you will mostly find the shittier airplanes and helicopters spawning.
    In your case you'll most likely be finding Maverick helicopters and the single prop passenger plane.

At around 20 or so you'll have Cargobobs spawning on helipads, those are great fun!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I saw you yesterday when we were doing silly things to our cars in GTA:O, but you disappeared from the lobby again.

Looking forward to seeing you online again, soon!

Quote Originally Posted by rittenhaus View Post
    Greetings -- I'm Rittenhaus on the Social Club and Alppo on PSN should you wish to expand your roster of RPS players of GTA V. I'd also play other games on PSN... RDR mostly. PSN's dreadful voice chat doesn't really do much for me, though. I'd be grateful for suggestions of alternatives.
    Mumble or Teamspeak maybe? I think they both come in iOS/Android app form and we could use the usual servers I guess.

I wish I could get the people I play with to use TS3.
    It wouldn't be too hard for me to set up, as I am already using a headset that is hooked up to my computer for gaming on the Xbox.
    I don't know about the audio solutions of other people, though.
    And open mic (which you'd have to use unless you constantly want to take a hand off the controller for PTT on your keyboard/mouse) can be pretty dreadful when people are playing over loudspeakers.

Is your Xbox gamer tag also Comrade Commissar?
    I think I've seen you the other day. Maybe we can play together soon.

I also know why PhatChance attacked me. He saw me with the red crew symbol on the map and thought there was a bounty on my head (the player with the bounty also has a red symbol on the map). It's a bit irritating.

I have the possibility to use a headset on my Xbox or Skype on my tablet.
    I could also use TS3 on my PC, but I have to buy a USB extension for my headset first :D.
    Or is there a TS app for android tablets?

Network Hub
    I've been on a few times recently, PSN. I named my character B3ll3nd but it displays ArchHippy in game & I can't seem to change that. I don't have a PS3 headset so I can't leave it switched on and cough and make monkey noises over comms but message me ingame if you want to give Mumble a try.

Also, invite me on missions, especially the one with the motorbikes & the jet fighters :D

1.03 update notes are here: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/...ate-1-03-Notes

I'm on PS3, US East, and have a good headset. PSN nick "Bubtree". Rank 22 now. My primary character is a random female because that one didn't get deleted (the guy I customized 5 times did repeatedly in the first couple launch days), but oh well, now I'm attached.

I've been rotating between several crews (and now joined RPS), but rarely see anyone from them, even when lots of members are online. The few random friends I've picked up seem to show up more frequently, so perhaps they are prioritized higher. Maybe "join crew" is a better way to get together than relying on the automatic session finder. Only your active crew seems to have any in-game effect, and I'm guessing inactive crews may not count as friendlies if you run across them.

Freeroam becomes so costly due to the death bill (it tops out at 2k), that I've decided to just spend all my income instead of saving it up. I'd just splurged on upgrades for my car (I FINALLY found a Karin Sultan), then when I lost 20k in mere minutes, I went to buy the 125k apartment+6 car garage. The rest will go into my car and weapons for now. In theory, we should not be losing banked $$ for dying, but it's either a bug or wrong explanation. I also died several times with 13k cash on hand (after doing missions, my partner started killing me), but lost none or very little of that, so perhaps the 5k cash warning is mistaken or else you don't lose it if you respawn before they collect your loot.

It seems you can kick people out by voting on the players list (typically I do this for bad mic users when I go to mute them), but I don't know how many it takes. In the player list, a kickvote shows as small blinking up-right arrow by their rank#/mic activity icon. Some sessions are so full of mic garbage that the game really needs a global session mute in the quick menu.

I've never seen the random special crate drops, but I just read that maybe you need to do some Ron mission first.

My favorite missions are the Tanker truck thefts, because you're trying to make a Road Warrior style getaway and the chases can get seriously escalated out of control.

I noticed you can keep weapons collected which you haven't unlocked, but lose them if you die in freeroam while they're equipped. When I get the AK unlocked, I'll try to collect it in Survival instead of buying it, and then see if it sticks when I die or use up all the ammo. If it works that's a nice way to save some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Commissar View Post
    As I was almost there, the game told me I survived my bounty, gave me the 10.000 Dollars and I got an achievement for surviving a bounty. But it took AGES until that happened.
    I read that you have to survive for one game day, so that's 48 minutes in real time. Supposedly you can just sit in your apartment, but that's pretty lame and I hope they patch it out.

Quote Originally Posted by persistent_gloom View Post
    Is your Xbox gamer tag also Comrade Commissar?
    I think I've seen you the other day. Maybe we can play together soon.
    XBL name is "Commissar Ivan"
    On Social Club I am "ComradeSidorenko"

And yeah, we have to try and get like 4 or 5 people from the crew together and do some missions.
    You get a bonus for working with crewmembers and it's always easier over voice comms.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...kage-this.html

As compensation for the launch issues, Rockstar will be adding 500k to the in-game bank accounts of everyone who plays GTA V online during October.

Somewhat related, I recently ran across a suggestion to use your second character slot as a cash mule to avoid paying high hospital bills, since you can transfer via the shared bank. There is a level 50 ability to send a mugger after anyone with more than 5k cash, but if your mule owns any property and is set to spawn there, their cash on hand should be safe. I will do a test to confirm if the other character slot's on-hand cash is safe from billing when you're broke.

Collected weapons that you have the unlock level for do apparently become permanent, and any Ron mission seems to unlock the random special crate drops.

I've made a new emblem for the crew.
    How do you guys like it?

Did that one quickly with Photoshop and used an exploit in the Social Club emblem editor to be able to upload it.
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 14-10-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Commissar View Post
    I've made a new emblem for the crew.
    How do you guys like it?
    I saw it earlier, I like it a lot.

I should probably say that I don't have RPS set as my current crew because as far as I can tell it's not massively active on PS3, at least I never got into a game with more than one RPS member at a time... As soon as the PC version is out I'll be swapping back for good, though.

The cash mule strategy works, but I could only withdraw 10k at a time, so it's going to get tedious at higher levels when you make money very quickly. No cash was lost on my other character when I spent all the money on my primary and then died repeatedly in freeroam.

There are some reported bugs about replacing vehicles in your garage causing the garage contents to get deleted. I've had the wrong vehicle replaced in my early 2-car garage, but it was the free Elegy, so I got it right back. It may be best to make space first by selling or destroying cars before getting new ones, or possibly making sure you don't have destroyed vehicles to recover.

Voting for freeroam in a lobby seems to place the players together in the same session, as opposed to quitting out separately.

Vehicles in freeroam may despawn when you use a mod garage, so don't land your heli to sell a car in the parking lot and expect to fly away again afterwards.

The Merryweather backup helicopter is useless against players in freeroam. I don't know if it works any better when there's a bounty on you. Maybe they're only supposed to fight off hostile police or enemies in missions.

New 1.04 patch: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...le-update.html

Fixes garage issues, changes some mission payouts (not listed there), and freeroam death is now $500 max.

I'm tempted to try freeaim to mix things up a bit.

Screw free-aim until the AI isn't fixed.

When they can pistol-snipe you in the head from a car that is going 200 km/h in the opposite direction or can accurately kill you with 2 shots from a machine gun while zig-zaging in a helicopter above your head, free-aim just puts me at such a massive disadvantage to them that it's not fun anymore.

Also, the crippled payouts from missions after the latest patch really suck.
    You do a 30 minute mission, die several times and at the end you get an 8000$ payout for what used to be a 17.000$ payout, or even worse, one really tough high level mission got it's payout cut from 12.000$ to 3500$ (!).

It pretty much feels like a big "fuck you, buy our cash packs" from Rockstar. Do NOT like.

Activated Node
    I wanted to start with Online now that I've finished the story. I joined the crew, looking forward to see you guys in the game!

Now that the Stimulus dropped and most people have a decent amount of money, is anyone still playing?

Personally I'm taking a break but I'll likely get back into it after the next update.

I've stopped, I haven't played in ages. I did log in last week to buy an car (Monroe?) with the money they gave me, but until I can play it with a lot of RPSers on Mumble, I've lost interest.