Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think someone should do a little more research next time they name a game Darklands. I suppose the lack of space makes all the difference?

Unsung Story has a serious risk of not making it now, which is surprising considering the start. It'll make an interesting case study, that's for sure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    25% in 15 days? It will get funded. I think most want to see it hit at least the $1m stretch goal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They'll probably make it in the last couple days, but if you take the average pledges for the last week (excluding the negative day), they've only made $5.25k a day. Continue that out 15 days, they only wind up with $526k in pledges. If you take the more realistic 12 days at that, and then 12-18% of their total in the last three, you wind up with $580k to $623k.

So yeah, there's a very good chance of them making it, but it's not nearly as strong as their opening salvo would have suggested.

Activated Node
    The Spirit Age and Harvest the stars were also looking interesting.
    I also have a quick overview of some of the crowdfunding projects by the way.
    It's basically a list of pictures of all videogame projects with the spam filtered out (and all mmo/f2p stuff), might be useful.

M.A.V. - Modular Assault Vehicle

"M.A.V. is like playing with legos, only you are building a giant mech of destruction."

Mech game with strong focus on customization and persistent multi-player but there's also going to be a single-player campaign. Looks pretty good to me.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Activated Node
    Catharsis
    Probably the best project on indiegogo this week, but is quite early to show. The sprite work is pretty good and it might grow into something nice one day. Also: it's flexible funding with a goal of $22347.

iSorcery
    looks like an interesting sort of adventure game, tons of info, budget seems realistic at $202068

Loads more in the quick list here.

Is there any requirement for the project to be of at least a reasonable quality, as I have a ton of kickstarter projects I could post. You see I gather data about new videogame kickstarter projects, so I've probably seen 99% of the projects posted in the last 3-4 months. However as you guys probably know most of the them are pretty terrible. Would this be something that the Kommunity Kickstarter Katchup Kollectiv find useful?

This thread was made in response to the demise of the original Kommunity Kickstarter, run by RPS, and it's very much meant to be a spiritual sequel. It's not meant to be an archive but to present interesting kickstarter projects to the community that are worth backing.
    The biggest rule is the one about games with unrealistic goals. This filters out most of the bad stuff. Don't post about games you wouldn't back yourself. Always quality over quantity.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This.

Also, even though I haven't been nearly as active as I was a month ago (new job, new challenges), I tend to follow the following rough guidelines in my own selection process (which is not too strict):
    No iPhone games, this is a PC website and most iPhone/PC games have been pretty shitty in my experience.
    No MMOs or F2P games. I don't like the fact that you can't "own" the result.
    No RPG-maker games unless they have something special about them. All RPG-maker games look good to me, but there are a jillion of them.
    I'll say something bitchy about a base tier that's too high.
    I try not to make fun of projects anymore; I started like that, but it's pathetic to denigrate people who are trying to make things.
    I haven't updated the front page in like three weeks, but I'll be able to resume a normal posting schedule fairly soon. I check every game there once or twice weekly.

I'm more interested in platformers and RPGs, so they're more likely to get posted, but I play every genre except sims.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Alright, weekend news time.
    New games:
    Classroom Aquatic, a stealth game about cheating in a classroom full of dolphins. In the first update they say that a part of kickstarter will be used to attend conventions, which I'm not crazy about.
    Oculus Maximus, a virtual reality sword fighting game. I look forward to the evolution of the tech.
    MAV, a mech game.

Even though I don't normally make fun of games, this idiot stole one of the VVVVV songs (made by this gentleman) for his pitch and then claims he needs money for music in the pitch. I looked, and it doesn't look like the music is free.

Current games:
    Kingdom Come Deliverance has made of a million usd, and I haven't even been paying attention.
    Cradle has a respectable $100k.
    La Mulana 2 is edging its way towards its goal, and should be successful before the last rush.
    Olympia Rising is halfway there.
    Unsung Story
    is limping along, getting less than a thousand a day more than once last week. It's chances of success are bleaker than they were last week, but still well within the realm possibility. I think this will be a case study of how not to run a campaign in the future considering it's explosive start and whimper of a middle and finale.
    Project Rain World
    is about to hit linux support. I love the gifs the project creators include.

Thought Cradle was referring to the other Cradle by FlyingCafeGames. Don't know if it will ever get into crowdfunding though. I'll just leave the yt channel here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FlyingCafeGames/videos

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Unsung Hero just added Hitoshi Sakimoto for composer for the base goal, not a stretch goal anymore.

$150k in 3 days. Here is hoping. Surprised to see it not get as much traction.

RPS wrote a post about Darkest Dungeon a while back and now the kickstarter has arrived. Looking pretty neat!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...d-hook-studios
    BobHound - EVE Online

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanban View Post
    RPS wrote a post about Darkest Dungeon a while back and now the kickstarter has arrived. Looking pretty neat!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...d-hook-studios
    And they reached their goal within 18 hours. Deservedly so, too.

I really hope they make it to 350k for the animated cutscenes in their glorious style. That first trailer is still making me very, very happy and excited. " 'We are not the flame', they cry. 'We are but moths!'" Absolutely beautiful.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Kingdom Come looks good but I can't for the life of me understand why they're calling a more robust and reactive combat physics "inverse kinematics." Inverse of WHAT? It's neither the conceptual nor logical inverse of anything games have been doing thus far and certainly not of kinematics which is just fancy physics talk for the way things move.

Heck, kinematics doesn't even include force interactions--they're interested in something yet-broader like "mechanics" or "dynamics."
    Last edited by gwathdring; 11-02-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardust’s Music Sounds Better With You. There’s lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context that’s cheating -bull0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I thought we were getting Kinect controls for horse riding. Kinectimals

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Surprised I missed Book of Unwritten Tales 2: A modestly successful adventure game returns with a sequel. It's already $20k over its $65k initial goal, and it gets sidequests in another $10k. I've always had the first on my to eventually play list.

Hive Jump: Multiplayer contra 3 against bugs.

7Framed: A very pretty conspiracy theory thriller / shooter.

Blackmore: A steampunk adventure game written by David Hayter (Metal Gear Solid).

Project Rainworld announced that they won't make any stretchgoals for the last few hours. Unsung Story will probably creep over the line as fence-sitters make their decisions. Still a step down for such an explosive start and stretchgoals out to $3m.
    Last edited by Internet; 13-02-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Activated Node
    Plenty of interesting stuff this week. Here's my screenshot per game overview.
    Some of the picks:
    Bit Rate a bit like the paper mario rpg's $35000 (flexible funding)
    COOP the game, professional looking platformer ~$45616
    Damnatio, vs multiplayer contra, with worms thrown in ~$3424 (flexible funding)
    StarCrawlers, sci-fi dungeon crawler $65000
    Toffyto Rotato, locoroco type platformer $13500
    Last edited by Garfunkel; 14-02-2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: clarity

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Two more new ones for the weekend.
    Mote - An effort to improve the virtual tabletop program maptools. This has the support of the original founders of maptools, and promises to be an evolution of what is already an awesome program. I love maptools, and strongly consider that you (I'm talking about you, doug) take a look at this program.
    Galactic Princess
    - A space smuggling sandbox game.

News:
    Book of Unwritten Tales 2 has over $100k now, and is working on its full orchestra stretchgoal.
    Kingdom Come Deliverance is at 765k GBP, and has reached their mo-cap goal. 800k has an in-game combat academy stretchgoal.
    La-Mulana 2 is at $191k out of $200k with a week left. Sadly this means no Mac/Linux port as a stretchgoal.
    MAV is at $18k out of $20k with 18 days left.

Project Nimbus was funded.
    Project Rain World was funded and reached all stretchgoals.
    Unsung Story made it in the last day, a bit of a come down for a game with such an explosive start.
    Olympia Rising made it, and has eleven hours left.

It's very nice to see kickstarter recovering from the winter doldrums.
    Last edited by Internet; 15-02-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Anyone's following indiegogo? I lost track of the projects long ago. Also Gambitious is dry as always.