Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    I was one of the backers of CE. Looked really good from the gameplay screenshots. All appears to be just some nice photoshop work. Grr.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    I was one of the backers of CE. Looked really good from the gameplay screenshots. All appears to be just some nice photoshop work. Grr.
    Yeah, that sucks. The worst part is that since it had so much to show already it was completely believable that they could extend it further.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I like the looks of this, kinda like Viking Zelda. I wish every game ever would stop mentioning Dark Souls as an influence.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=discovery

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Areal was suspended.

Activated Node
    Weekly Screenshot Overview

Three picks:
    - Run Gun Dungeon A top down robotron/smash tv/geometry wars style shooter, I expect it will probably have very slick gameplay $13000
    - Solius: The Magic Castle A basic platformer, looks pretty wooden, also reminds me a bit of gods (amiga) $12000
    - Braven Arts An interesting looking rpg, tactical battle system $20000

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks garfunkel! I love the look of Braven Arts combat system.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    BTW. Giantbomb just published the first real look at Project Eternity, including character creation.http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quic...ity/2300-9224/

:0
    /\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    post in progress

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Shadowrun is releasing a standalone version of Dragonfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    It can join Clang in the incredibly exclusive failed kickstarters that made over $500k club. Still, I think large kickstarters are going to have a good record by the end of this year, and shockingly good by the end of next year. Two failed projects to eight completed ones still seems like a pretty good margin.
    I mean, I'm not sure what you mean by "fail" here. Clang certainly didn't meet an end that is creators, or most of its backers, wanted - so in that case, yeah, it's definitely a failure. But it did deliver the promised reward to backers (I am one, and I have it!) so I think that's a pretty different story than Yogventures, which is very clearly NEVER going to deliver the promised reward.

BTW - thanks so much for continuing to do this! I understand why RPS ultimately decided against it but it definitely left a vacuum.

To put it another way: Clang met its legal obligations, Yogs didn't.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Aw. Thanks! Anyways, on to the weekly update:
    New:
    Jenny Leclue. An adventure game that looks pretty good.
    K.O.L.M
    The creator of two very good flashgames wants to remake the series (in Unity?) and provide the final entry. I did enjoy the first two quite a bit, so he's got design chops if nothing else.
    Games of Glory
    . Sci-fi Dota with nothing but team battles.
    Fighters Unleashed: A cel-shaded Beat-em-up.
    Ongoing:
    After Reset is very close to its cinematic intro goal. They also have a playable alpha.
    Braven Arts exists, looks interesting.
    Jotun is halfway there with most of its campaign left.
    Mighty Tactical Shooter
    is 2/3 of the way to its goal, and in its final week.
    Subject 13 is halfway there in time and funding.
    Tomb of the Tyrants confirmed Linux.
    Terra Tech has a day and a half to get the last 15% of the way there.
    Ended:
    Insomnia was fully funded and reached its VO stretchgoal. I'm glad because I do love the art they've shown so far.
    The Deer God went over double its goal, and reached the two new powers stretchgoal. It was so close to its 3DS port goal that I wouldn't be surprised to see it, because the game would look perfect with the 3DS' technology.
    Temporus reached full funding.
    Time Spinners reached triple funding and NG+ / challenge mode stretchgoals.
    Xeno galaxies was cancelled.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The Unrest devs had an absolutely fantastic post about developing games from a low kickstarter budget. If you like postmortems, I highly recommend the read.

I have to say I'm only two hours into the game, but so far it's been quite good.

The Unrest devs had an absolutely fantastic post about developing games from a low kickstarter budget. If you like postmortems, I highly recommend the read.
    That's indeed fantastic!

Activated Node
    Here's another: Weekly Screenshot Overview

Three picks (all from indiegogo this time, since kickstarter is more widely covered, but check the overview..):
    - Crest a god game where you write commandments and see what effects they have, $20000.
    - Street Arena a polished looking racing/shooting game (think of the old gta games) for $10000 (flexible funding).
    - Northward a co-op management game with some lovely pixelart, €32000.

A Hat In Time is going into beta soon-ish. It's looking better with every update:

Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's beautiful. I still regret not backing it, not a ton, because I was selling blood to pay for electric / Project Eternity base tier at the time, but I wish I could. That, and I wish that the developers of this lost half-finished game would do a kickstarter to finish it.

Anyways. A lot of weak entries and Bulb boy were kicked off the list week, but the new ones are generally pretty strong.

New Games
    Aegis Defenders was featured on RPS for good reason.
    Bolt Riley
    is back after 7 months with 1/4 of the budget. I'm usually skeptical when this happens, and this is no exception.
    Disciples of the Storm is a remake of the game Netstorm. Now I'm really interested in trying Netstorm.
    Elysian Shadows is a pixel art rpg that plays with 3d tech and lighting.
    Enguage! is a 2D platformer that looks pretty fun.
    Gravia Tactics
    looks pretty good. It's an SRPG if you didn't get that from tactics.
    The Hum is a horror game in UE4.
    Ongoing
    Braven Arts is 1/4 of the way there.
    Kolm is 1/5 of the way there.
    Jenny LeClue has done very well, and is almost there with most of the campaign left.
    Jotun is 2/3 of the way there.
    Subject 13 looks like it'll easily get there in its last week. I hope it reaches the Linux stretchgoal.
    Finished
    Mighty Tactical Shooter just barely made it (there was an appeal from RPS on its behalf).
    Tera Tech made it.
    Tomb of the Tyrants successfully ends in 14 hours, it's going to reach the amount asked for in its original campaign, which is strange, but sometimes happens.
    Bulb Boy was cancelled.
    Coffin Dodgers didn't make it.
    Pyrella didn't make it.
    Radial G didn't make it.
    Wild Pixel didn't make it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I was selling blood to pay for electric.
    That is a beautiful line, it should have a dystopian franchise built around it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Really you can start any book / franchise with "I was selling blood." It's because it is simultaneously hardcore and super-depressing.

Examples:
    I was selling blood to reach the light ecstatic...
    I was selling blood on my daughter's third birthday...
    I was selling blood to buy more blood...

First person sci-fi stealth game Solarix has 4 days to go and it really isn't looking good. Shame, the game seems to be more or less done already, with just some additional funding needed for voiceactors and some extra polish. Knowing how long the devs have been working on it, without pay, they'll likely still finish it and put it on Steam despite a failed KS, but in a somewhat rougher state. :/