Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I can't believe I've been missing Cat on a Hot Tin Roof:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...dora?ref=users

What do you use to browse kickstarter?

Personally I browse through popular, star everything that's interesting and look at my starred campaigns - they are sorted by ending.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/beyond-eyes

Just saw this flexible funding indiegogo campaign on the promote your own project forum. It's about a blind girl exploring a water-color environment that she paints/discovers by moving through it. It's definitely got potential.
    Last edited by Internet; 23-09-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Obscure Node
    Hey All!

MonoChrome (Some of the guys behind Zombie Panic Source) are doing a kickstarter for there project Contagion.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ellc/contagion

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Octopus City Blues is in its last 14 hours and just hit more dynamic content. I hope they get newgame+++ before the end.

Shantae made its goal.

Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    Cedaria does look cool. Thanks. threw them a pledge. Also, very happy Sunless Sea made it. That one has the potential to be something really special.
    The people behind Cedaria have also made a thread in the promotion subforum. The funding period ends on Oct 18 and they have still a bit of a way to go. The steampunk setting looks pretty interesting and the developers seem to be quite open about answering questions concerning the project, which is a good sign in my book.

Europa 2022 - a scifi adventure horror game. A small crew is on a mission to Jupiter's moon, Europa, to look for extraterrestrial life, when someone on board sabotages the ship.

Knite & the Ghost Lights - a beautiful side-scrolling adventure based on physical hand-crafted environments and models. You are Knite, a young ghost piper who leads lost souls through the darkness.

Edge Of Eternity - a space/steampunk/medieval JRPG with a turn-based combat, on all current platforms

Cornerstone: The Song of Tyrim - a Zelda/Dark Souls inspired action adventure game supporting various playstyles with an emphasis on exploration and improvisation. You are a young Viking investigating the disappearance of all Viking warriors.

Kromaia - a six degrees of freedom adventure shooter set in a geometric universe with combat AI adapting to the player's tactics (flexible funding)

I also invite you to the subreddit CrowdfundedGames.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Goddamn, Knite & the Ghost Lights looks good. $5 is an amazing price too, I think they sold themselves short.

Edge of Eternity has a surprising amount of work done, but they might be over-promising on platforms and stretchgoals. I'd be very surprised if they didn't make it.

Unless I'm terribly mistaken, I don't think this is Cornerstone's first kickstarter (maybe I saw them on Greenlight).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's been a strange week, full of projects I missed previously (Revisor picked the best).

Beyond Eyes - A Flexible Funding game where a blind girl explores a watercolor world. As she touches things, the world pops into existence.

Co-Op looks like 2D portal 2 co-op mode.

Neo-Victorian Skirmish Squad - Where you dice battle monsters at a parochial school.

Neverending Nightmares has been plodding along, and it has a day and a half to plod to its goal. I don't like horror games, but this one looks neat.

Sunless Sea has four days to get to its first stretchgoal, submarines.

I am somewhat surprised by the lack of coverage Mighty No. 9 by RPS. I don't expect such a PC-centric site to know much about Mega Man and its history but with the current amount plus paypal it's going to be close to Wasteland 2 in terms of funding and may even surpass it. I hope we will see more after the campaign is over.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think that there are three things that negatively influence RPS involvement in this project. The first is that they can't easily interview the creator, the second is that the game hasn't launched nearly as strong a press campaign (and honestly I don't know if they even want more money at this point) and the final is that it's a multiplatform game. RPS gives multiplatform games a great deal of coverage, but I think it's far easier for a game to get coverage if it's PC-centric or indie.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    On the other hand, you would think this:

would be worthy of coverage.

I am surprised they're using the Unreal engine though. I didn't think it had nearly as robust support for porting to Linux and Mac.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    On the other hand, you would think this:

would be worthy of coverage.

I am surprised they're using the Unreal engine though. I didn't think it had nearly as robust support for porting to Linux and Mac.
    That is basically why I decided not to back it. While I don't doubt they have some amazing designers, nothing really shouts out to me that the team is competent or knows how to develop for their target platforms.

And I suspect that might be why RPS hasn't covered it heavily. They don't want to be to blame if it fails horribly (since RPS coverage is a spike in backering) and because the genre isn't one they usually cover/have people who obsess over.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I just backed Knite and the Ghost Squad and Sunless Sea. Oh well, no bundles for me this month.

Right now I'm interested to see if Mighty No. 9 beats Project Eternity. This and Project Phoenix could mean that kickstarter is becoming more console friendly. I'd hate to see the PC, Mac, Linux trio fall behind the new consoles. I'm not backing it (other campaigns can do more with my money), but I do hope that more Japanese devs start releasing games on PC.

They're currently neck and neck. Right now, it's $571k short of matching on the final day. Project Eternity had $100k more going into the final day, but Mighty No. 9 beat PE's second to last day by $20k. I'm going to guess that Mighty No. 9 makes it to 3.85m, but that's on kinda flimsy pretenses.

Activated Node
    It started out as a PC only game and the second stretch goal was Mac and Linux support. Current gen consoles weren't even until the 6th stretch goal. Therefore it is most certainly within the remit of RPS. More so than GTA V even. Rayman Legumes was definitely multiplatform, as is Battlefield and they both got/get significant coverage.

Regarding interviewing the creator; they could (have) done so by email. So much for no oceans.

As for the publicity, you may have a point. I only heard about it today.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tams80 View Post
    It started out as a PC only game and the second stretch goal was Mac and Linux support. Current gen consoles weren't even until the 6th stretch goal. Therefore it is most certainly within the remit of RPS. More so than GTA V even. Rayman Legumes was definitely multiplatform, as is Battlefield and they both got/get significant coverage.

Regarding interviewing the creator; they could (have) done so by email. So much for no oceans.

As for the publicity, you may have a point. I only heard about it today.
    That's a fair point about the coverage, but an email would have to be translated to get to him, and then translated again on the way back. That's a significant hurdle. They also lose much of the ability to ask follow up questions.

Sunless Sea is on its last day. It's 7,000 pounds from submarines, and it made 8,000 yesterday. So I have high hopes.
    You should back it Tom. (Hopefully someone reading this is named Tom).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...14936#comments

In other news, Project Eternity has a new "screenshot."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    City of Titans, a City of Heroes successor that has been in the works.

Asking for $300k, which it will get at this rate:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...itans?ref=live

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    City of Titans, a City of Heroes successor that has been in the works.

Asking for $300k, which it will get at this rate:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...itans?ref=live
    Wow, that's quite the rise. An average of $126 backer is very high though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I just came across a new game on Kickstarter, it only launched today. I saw it as a new title on the greenlight.

The Mandate

As the captain on board a Mandate starship, you lead a crew through the galaxy who adapt and grow as they fight alongside you.
    Its a sci-fi RPG, with 6 player coop, boarding and space battles. Can be played alone or in a fleet with friends. It looks very good. They are meant to be industry vets.

It looks very cool.