Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

PILOTS Who Never Made IT.

Quick definition of Pilot:

"A television pilot (also known as a "pilot", "pilot episode", and "series premiere") is a standalone episode of a television series that is used to sell the show to a television network. At the time of its creation, the pilot is meant to be the testing ground to gauge if a series will be successful, and is therefore a test episode of an intended television series. It is an early step in the development of a television series, much like pilot lights or pilot studies serve as precursors to the start of larger activity, or pilot holes prepare the way for larger holes. Television networks use pilots to discover whether an entertaining concept can be successfully realized. After seeing this sample of the proposed product, networks will then determine whether the expense of additional episodes is justified. They are best thought of as prototypes of the show that is to follow, because elements often change from pilot to series. Variety estimates that only a little over a quarter of all pilots made for American television proceed to the series stage,[1] although the figure may be even lower.[2]

Most pilots are never publicly screened if they fail to sell a series. If a series eventuates, pilots are usually but not always broadcast as the introductory episode of the series."

So recently i watched two animated pilots who never made it in to the sohw right,but are so funny and nicely made its a real shame. Below are first parts of shows,you can post others.

This one is from creator of Samurai Jack,Sponge Bob Square Pants etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    And this one,made after Mike Mignola's short comic.

pilots that never made it. unless you mean airline pilots.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Heil Honey I'm Home!

The show centres on fictionalised versions of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun, who live next door to a Jewish couple, Arny and Rosa Goldenstein. The show's plot is centred on Hitler's inability to get along with his neighbours
    Cancelled after the first episode aired, although more content was actually filmed and survives on youtube. As far as the TV sitcom genre can have skeletons in the closet, this is probably the big one.

Sometimes I wake up at 3am in a cold sweat, thinking about everything that happened to make this exist. Why.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I was once in a test audience for a sitcom pilot. It was based around a horse racing track and was fucking terrible. Given the nature of the average show that does make it past the pilot phase, you can no doubt imagine just how excruciating it was to watch.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by CommunistHamster View Post
    Heil Honey I'm Home!

Cancelled after the first episode aired, although more content was actually filmed and survives on youtube. As far as the TV sitcom genre can have skeletons in the closet, this is probably the big one.

Sometimes I wake up at 3am in a cold sweat, thinking about everything that happened to make this exist. Why.
    I knew it! It had to be british. It sounded like a Monthy Pyton sketch.

Lookwell, starring Adam West could've been so so much fun.

I have a new book out. Fancy some cynical fantasy comedy? Check it out:
    http://amzn.to/1oVrKlx

Read my other stories: http://tessstenson.blogspot.co.uk/