Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    What you need to do is try to crash in to them. If you're lucky, the harasser flips. Then you pound them with a HEAT shell and laugh.
    On the day they were first implemented I played a failed game of chicken with a TR harasser, crashing straight into each other at full speed. They ended up doing a perfect backflip and exploding, killing all three crew, while our harasser remained unscathed!

But yeah, probably not a reliable tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Magburner should be helpful against novice Harasser drivers at least, but if they're TR (Vulcan) or if they're any good, you're screwed either way.
    My guess is that you're gonna fly over the harasser, so it's not gonna help much

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Magburner and racer chassis is very good for chasing down harassers. If you're manned 2/2, it is likely that the harasser will be exploderised.

Activated Node
    I bought the flashy treads for the harasser that were on sale last night bling bling

shame it makes you stand out like a sore thumb haha

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Magburn is very important when facing enemy harassers, not as much during the fight but rather when trying to finish the fight. When they run away to repair magburn after them to get that finishing shot off. Caught quite a few harassers off guard like that, they think they are safe when they get behind cover and suddenly your magrider comes flying over it and your gunner puts 6 saron shots up in their business.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintFillan View Post
    I bought the flashy treads for the harasser that were on sale last night bling bling

shame it makes you stand out like a sore thumb haha
    That's why I bought all the cosmetics, I'd hate for my enemy to not see it before I kill them
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    Magburner and racer chassis is very good for chasing down harassers. If you're manned 2/2, it is likely that the harasser will be exploderised.
    Oh and what a lovely combination it is, having both of these maxed out! The Magrider is a whole different animal with it. Nearly as nimble as a Lightning.

So had again an awesome time with the Harasser yesterday. We went to attack the NC Octogon. I drove there with an Harasser.
    But right before our gal drop came, we started to see some TR gals. The ensuing battle had me driving around the Octogon while my gunners popped TR sundys and harassers. My harasser was never shot down, and i lost count of the number of sundies we killed (only thing i know is that i had to reload 4 times, so that's more than 120 Hallberd shots).

Unfortunately we lost the battle due to massive TR and NC reinforcements, but i think the Harassers (MemoryShard had one for a while) kept us in the fight a lot longer than what we would have normally been able to (if "ground troops" disagree, I'm interested in your view). The TR must have been under spawn strain, their sundys had a low life expectancy. Also, it might be bias but i think we tended to lose our own sundies only when the Harassers went to reload at a far away base (no ammo sundy).

What i learned :
    - confirmation that you can have fun with the harasser while still being useful for the main platoon
    - i need to cert into an ammo sundy
    - an harasser (or at least mine with scrapper chassis) can get up to the first floor of a tech plant, to help defend the point. A spur of the moment test inspired by that one time when an INI harasser defending an amp station point from the first floor destroyed my max.
    - Most important thing : Having 2 Harassers at the same time improves damage and survival rate tremendously. Theses past days i had MemoryShard pulling Harasser together with me and I noticed the difference. Definitely a "better than the sum of its parts" case.

So yeah, once again Pull Harassers, Be Useful while Having Fun.
    Last edited by Ksempac; 19-09-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Harassers work really well around the bases of Esamir, with the walls isolating them from the infantry on the inside.

Another note on that particular fight: people need to listen to PL's instructions and get inside the actual base using the route indicated by the PL. We would've stood a chance if not everyone was standing around the Sundy. Sure, it probably kept the Sundy alive longer than it would otherwise have been, but we didn't achieve anything else by staying on the inside.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

I find it quite hard to shoot a sauron from the back of the harasser (which I bought for mine
    ), so halberds the recommended?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    The basilisk is quiet effective too. I have a PPA and after having used that for a while (and afaik there were no major changes to it in the recent past) I think it was a waste of sc. Just not worth it as it is more of a suppression type of weapon which the harasser simply isn't designed to do. If you want to buy something and don't want to get the saron, buy a halbert.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by Henlaaz View Post
    I find it quite hard to shoot a sauron from the back of the harasser (which I bought for mine
    ), so halberds the recommended?
    Yes, I'm not a weapon expert in this game, but I do recommend the Hallberd.
    I don't have the numbers, and not much experience on it, but IIRC the H-Saron has been made weaker than the Saron (the one for the Magrider) on purpose. Stats wise the Hallberd is close to it, maybe slightly better. And as you say, the single shot Hallberd is better suited to the hit and run tactics of the Harasser.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    The sights on the halberd drive me nuts though, I keep overshooting the target because I'm used to aiming with a fury/bulldog with those kind of sights. Even over long distances the bullet/missile drop on the halberd is pretty much negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    I have a PPA and after having used that for a while (and afaik there were no major changes to it in the recent past) I think it was a waste of sc. Just not worth it as it is more of a suppression type of weapon which the harasser simply isn't designed to do.
    As another individual with a PPA on a harasser (I've not had much experience with it so I'll trust yours) I'm trying to find a way to make it viable. Possibly as a harasser PPA squad vs infantry sort of like a mobile lancer unit?

Thoughts/opinions?

I think the main problem with Harasser vs infantry is that Infantry are too good vs Harassers. Small arms actually hurt unless you've invested heavily into composite armour, and those lock-ons are a pain in the bum. Against tanks, however, they can use their manoeuvrability to great effect.

There' probably a use for Harassers with PPAs on top, but it might require a slightly different mindset? Maybe keeping distance and hugging cover (hills, rocks, depressions in the ground). Using thermal optics really helps too.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    If you face a lot of intantry in a tight space this might work. But I still don't see the point when you could pull two (HE or even Viper) Lightnings instead. If you can't than this might be an option but still...
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

You're probably right. I'm expect I'm deluding myself with sunk cost fallacy.

Yeah basically, putting anything except an anti vehicle weapon on top of an Harasser is asking for trouble :
    - if you put an AA weapon, not only will you draw fire from our worst enemies (esf), but you will probably also gonna have to give up some of your mobility to help your gunner.
    - if you put an AI weapon, you will be forced to flee against tanks and unable to damage sundies, which are the best kind of targets for the harasser (since your mobility gives you a huge advantage against them). And, as Eso said, it's not even sure you're gonna be able to do much damage against infantry, due to your extreme vulnerability against small arms fire.

A PPA mag makes sense because you don't fear infantry. That's not the case for an Harasser. Sniping is not an option either, as the purpose of the Harasser is to be mobile and unpredictable at all time. Even though the Harasser has a big base health, anyone who think you can tank with an harasser has obviously not been playing it enough.
    Last edited by Ksempac; 20-09-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've had a lot of fun using a PPA harasser around base fights. Like Eso said, keeping distance and moving off behind cover whenever you get spotted, while trying to find good angles on a base so you can cover it in plasma. Had some success shooting into towers, where there are lots of people attempting to hide behind cover which the PPA can just splash around. It's amazing for shooting into busy doorways/windows/around rocks etc. It can melt MAXes surprisingly fast and if you shoot at an engi turret it will kill the engi in a few hits from the splash.

Basically it's all about suppressing infantry with sustained fire, which doesn't suit hit and run tactics. It's more useful for raining death from a distance. It's utterly accurate, so there is no need to move in closer than render distance/wherever you get a good angle from.

A lot of the time I end up pulling a PPA harasser and just using it solo, driving to a far off position behind a slope or rock, jumping in the gunner's seat and spamming until I get targeted, then moving on. I like zoom optics for this sort of thing rather than thermal, since it's all about bombarding from range.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I found ppa harassers to not too bad, actually. I have maxed comp and a decent turbo, so small arms don't do much and the turbo allows you to get up anywhere/make a quick escape. It's no marauder, but it will net you lots of kills if you're using it right and the area has enough cover for you not to have 10 locks immediately.

That being said, a lightning with the standard gun or HE is a lot more devastating against bunched up infantry, but it also can't get to some of the spots harassers can get to.