Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I havent decided on the next one yet, this week is a bit busy for me so I plan to put up a new track after the weekend. I'll look into changing the Nordschleife class, any suggestions? Let me also mention that I am perfectly fine with you guys deciding on the next track, so by all means post up your ideas!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Hmmm...leme think of a coupla combinations and I'll report back! Also, I'll be away for two weeks from the 8th.

BUMP! This is the ultimate crosspost, the crosspost of a crosspost. Since Assetto Corsa hotlapping has started, I figured we could reuse this thread to launch new challenges and keep track of times.

Current AC challenge is:
    Lotus Exige Scura
    (semislicks)
    Silverstone International

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Adding on to the Crosspost, do note that you need the Rivali Tempo app for it to work, which can be found here.
    You also need to be a member of the semi-official RPS Steam Group, which can be found here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've a suggestion for the AC thing - we should change tracks/cars on the same day every week?

The top person from the last week gets to choose the next event - with the following rules

1 - you may change EITHER car OR track, not both
    2 - if you change track - it must be a new circuit and not just a new layout of the same one
    3 - if you change car - it must be a different manufacturer entirely
    4 - you may not choose ANYTHING we've had in the last 5 events

If the top driver doesn't choose on the day - the 2nd driver gets the chance and so on.

Those rules come from hard experience where quick drivers would quickly turn these things into 'alternating weeks on the same car/track' or 'same track with slightly diff. car'. It also means you get to carry SOME of your experience from one event to the next - either car and setup or "which way the track goes" ;0

Network Hub
    trjp is right on the change the content on the same day each week thing. It works well on iRacing in that it gives everyone enough time to practice, get the hang of it, get their races done and not get bored of the track, and having a clearly defined schedule makes getting everyone in the right place much easier. Organising any racing online is like herding cats but the more structure you can add to it the better really.

Absolutely agree with the above, it sounds sensible. Also, I think we should switch to the RSR app as it seems to be plainly better organized. Not sure if it's still buggy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    Absolutely agree with the above, it sounds sensible. Also, I think we should switch to the RSR app as it seems to be plainly better organized. Not sure if it's still buggy though.
    Unfortunately, the RSR devs still have not responded to my request to open a Rock, Paper, Shotgun community (it might be that they may not have apreaciated my impromptu banner. I'll be rude and post a message in their topic instead, otherwise... hmm.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 13-07-2014 at 11:39 PM.

And the winner is... MommaB!

As a result, he shall now recieve extreme honour as wel as the ability to select either the next track or the next car manufacturer, as by the rules posted by trjp above.

Gefeliciteerd!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Unfortunately, the RSR devs still have not responded to my request to open a Rock, Paper, Shotgun community (it might be that they may not have apreaciated my impromptu banner. I'll be rude and post a message in their topic instead, otherwise... hmm.
    RSR is just 'more work' tbh - Rivali installs, takes one Steam Connection and 'just works'. It's not missed a lap I've done yet (RSR has had a bit of downtime but even when it's up, doesn't seem to record every lap for whatever reason)

I'm OK with people using whatever they want tho - use both or either - we can work-out the winner so long as they post here and we know who to look for and where ;0

Network Hub
    Week 2 - RPS AC Challenge:
    Track: Silverstone Int.
    Car: BMW Z4 GT3
    Tires: Slicks Soft

I wanted to change the track but with a longer track I would like a more predictable car. I think the GT cars are popular and pretty versatile, so there it is.

Edit: RSR should be working now, so follow Grizzly's instructions to join the event!

And the winner is...MommaB!
    As a result, he shall now recieve extreme honour as wel as the ability to select either the next track or the next car manufacturer, as by the rules posted by trjp above.

Gefeliciteerd!

Dankje!
    Last edited by MommaB; 14-07-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Personally, I do enjoy having everything in one place, but then again... I have too much time on my hands, so why not?
    Be sure to post links to your RSR profiles so I can add them untill we get the community set-up.

Andrea from RSR finally got in contact with me, he has been extremely busy lately so it will take a bit more time before we get it setup, but I do think that we can have the event system in place next week.

good news everybody!.

Let's use RSR only for this particular hotlap and see what works for us.

Network Hub
    Nice! Well done.

Alrighty, in order to get the seperate event-leaderboard (and ensure that all the settings are correct):

Activate the RSR app in your game options menu. This will enable an RSR button in your main menu.
    Open this thing.
    Press "Events"
    Press "BMWs over Silverstone"
    (Alternatively, press Drivers - Communities - Rock Paper Shotgun, and then go to the event)
    Once you are at the Event's page, you will see an "Race now" button appear on the top right of the screen. Press this button, and RSR will automatically dail in the correct settings.

EDIT: I have also added a second event, "Darkside" which gives you control over the Scura in a so called "Quickrace" event, just so you can see how that would work. From my understanding, you have to drive 5 consecutive perfect laps, so it might be a tad bit too harsh.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 14-07-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Network Hub
    And don't forget to choose Slicks Soft in car setup as these are fastest. I'll update my post.

Amazeballs. Thanks, people, can't wait to join the fray!

Do note that RSR is a lot harsher when it comes to invalidating times. Whilst Rivali invalidated your time when you got an ingame penalty, RSR will invalidate your time as soon as more then two of your wheels will cross the white lines, so overshooting in the first corner after the bridge and going full on the green board will invalidate your time.

Also, you can no longer activate the "in car" traction control with these settings, unfortunately.

Oh. So that's why I was losing traction on corner exit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    RSR isn't harsher - it's just a buggy shitty mess. It uses the standard AC 'invalid lap' thing but it's slopping simply "forgets" to reset it.

If you run an invalid lap - then quit-to-menu or quit-to-pits, the odds are RSR will decide everything you do from thereon-in is invalid.

It's shit - bin it.

p.s. just to add - even 'green lap' times aren't being added to the competition despite my 'joining' several times, logging into Steam several times and doing endless captchas

Seriously - fuck it off please, it's useless.
    Last edited by trjp; 14-07-2014 at 09:51 PM.