Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rirdeg View Post
    Went searching for some FFB settings as i've never been able to get decent settings playing around myself.
    Which wheel do you have? If it's Logitech, care to share the settings? I'm currently using 101/0/0/0/900 on the profiler, 85/0/15/20/10/10 for the ingame FFB settings, 1/0/0/2.40 the steering ones. Logitech G27.
    Last edited by Faldrath; 20-07-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rirdeg View Post
    Went searching for some FFB settings as i've never been able to get decent settings playing around myself.

Got something far better now. With the new settings i've managed a 1:04.029

No idea how I didn't get a slow down penalty for my entry onto the hangar straight. It's such a fine line before that (annoying) system cuts your throttle.

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLi...61&friends=all
    Nice, smooth lap there. Quick noob-like question, how do you go about uploading AC replays? I've just figured out how to cut replays up into small sections, but I'd like to maybe upload a video or 10 here if possible. I'd love to see some others do the same, *cough* MommaB.

I'll be putting my final effort in tonight. I think I went the wrong way with the setup earlier and had the car feeling very lazy, so my first thing is to stiffen the car back up again.

Network Hub
    Sure. I'm using a G27. I like having quite light FFB in my games with just enough detail that you can tell what the car is doing.

Brake Gamma should be 1 unless you've modified your pedals with a load cell.

@Mittens
    I just use the replay tool and record my screen with Dxtory

Network Hub
    Yeah nice lap Rirdreg, very clean indeed. Although thinking of my own lap that might also be the reason why you're leaving some time on the table. I may have decreased downforce some resulting in higher overall speed. And because the short track allows for some all or nothing balls to the wall attack of the corners (mainly the fast one after the back straight) it didn't hinder much in corner speed.

I'll try to do a replay but it's just too hot to do a serious attempt atm. Rest assured, when we move to a longer track my times will be very much more in line with my actual capabilities

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MommaB View Post
    Yeah nice lap Rirdreg, very clean indeed. Although thinking of my own lap that might also be the reason why you're leaving some time on the table. I may have decreased downforce some resulting in higher overall speed. And because the short track allows for some all or nothing balls to the wall attack of the corners (mainly the fast one after the back straight) it didn't hinder much in corner speed.
    Very nice laps, all of you. In any case, may I ask how did you increase the downforce exactly? I realized that I'm 1-2 seconds faster using the default setup with slicks and 4 degrees on the rear wing, so my previous setup was basically a mess.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    Very nice laps, all of you. In any case, may I ask how did you increase the downforce exactly? I realized that I'm 1-2 seconds faster using the default setup with slicks and 4 degrees on the rear wing, so my previous setup was basically a mess.
    I decreased (!) the rear downforce to 4 degrees, left front stock at 1 deg. I lowered tyre pressure all around to 24 psi. With these soft tyres you only need about 8l of fuel until they drop off too much. I increased diff power to 70% which helped me smash the throttle earlier and more reliably without too much power on oversteer. I moved break bias to 74% front because you can really lean hard on the abs, but for some reason it cannot cope well with hard deceleration forces on the rear axle due to hard downshifts. I was messing about with some other stuff too but that didn't necessarily make me any quicker.

Thank you sir. Still getting to grips (pun not intended) with it, I feel it slides out of control too easily sometimes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Thank you sir. Still getting to grips (pun not intended) with it, I feel it slides out of control too easily sometimes.
    It does that, actually. If the back slides out, you can try and lower rear tire pressure a bit more, that seems to help for me.
    I've also dabbled with the traction control, which helps a bit (although it won't improve your laptimes, it will help with consistency).
    Last edited by Grizzly; 20-07-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Network Hub
    Just did a 1:02.770 (using the Rivali app)

I am now a sweaty mess. MommaB, that was one tough lap to beat.

I've saved the replay, I will try and record it (I did try just a second ago, but I haven't set the program up correctly)

I'm using Racer assists (minus fuel and tyre wear, because that seems pointless for hotlapping) so I have TC disabled (I think) and Stability control at the default 50%.
    I'll try with the tire pressure, though I doubt I'll go lower than my 1:06 record. Thanks a lot anyway!

PS: I think this thread needs more sexual innuendo by the way

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens89 View Post
    Just did a 1:02.770 (using the Rivali app)

I am now a sweaty mess. MommaB, that was one tough lap to beat.

I've saved the replay, I will try and record it (I did try just a second ago, but I haven't set the program up correctly)
    Oh noes! Well done, knew there was some in there but still pretty close in the end. Just out of curiosity, do you have stuff like tire wear and fuel consumption off? I think RSR can enforce some settings in the challenge, which can make it a little bit harder to get the best time in.

And the winner is...

Mittens89!

Mittens89 1:02.770 30.797 31.973 Winner!
    MommaB 1:02.837 31.007 31.830 Fastest S2 driver
    Daniel Lee (rirdeg) 1:03.846 31.377 32.469
    A.Fossto (who?) 1:03.889 31.654 32.235
    ShrewdLogarithm (trjp) 1:03.960 31.677 32.283 Fastest Padder?
    Angus McDonald 1:04.070 31.686 32.384
    MoerasGrizzly 1:04.723 32.222 32.501
    Faldrath 1:05.480 32.397 33.099
    Alexander Bismark 1:06.066 33.464 32.602
    Prolar Bear 1:06.173 33.074 33.099

As a reward, he shall now receive a stuffed sealion as well as the honour of picking the next car or track.

Congratulations!

For your consideration:

New Rule: You are now also allowed to pick variations of the same car (Think Scura->Roadster, or the various upgrades like the S1 Exos over the normal one), and enforce or loosen tyre sets (ie medium slicks only). All these changes are considered minor changes and do not count towards the "one change per week rule".

We will not use RSR events for the time being;
    they break everytime there is an update and enforce settings too strictly by design. This means that for this challenge you can use any track time, road surface, ambient temperature, and assist and wear settings. Inform yourself on what is best to get better lap times! You may still use any recording method you wish, including RSR itself.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 21-07-2014 at 06:45 AM.

Cheers Mittens! I like the new rule, by the way, it's sensible and allows for a minimum of variation. Also, while it's certainly not my turn to decide, isn't this the second week we've raced on Silverstone Intl? I'm getting sick of it, to tell the truth.

Hmm.
    I would consider doing allowing people to change track layouts as wellbut then I start adding so many stuff that we might just as well drop the whole "one change per week" rule entirely.

And I think the one change per week rule is rather usefull when the holiday is over.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 21-07-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Hmm.
    I would consider doing allowing people to change track layouts as wellbut then I start adding so many stuff that we might just as well drop the whole "one change per week" rule entirely.

And I think the one change per week rule is rather usefull when the holiday is over.
    I absolutely agree, the one change per week rule is perhaps the best way to make such a challenge a way to get experience with certain tracks\cars. I just hope I won't see Silverstone for a good while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Congratulations, some great times there!

I've been keeping an eye on AC mods, so here's a few more that are fun to try:

GenTrack1: while this track doesn't have the best name, it's a really good fictional one. Probably unsupported by Rivali, but still good fun.

Shelby Cobra 427: one of the best new cars for AC. Very impressive looking, and a nightmare to drive - but very much worth checking out.

Fuji Int'l Speedway: authorized conversion of an rFactor mod, by the same guy who converted Blackwood.

GP2 Mod: WIP, but a mouthwatering prospect. The same group is working on a F1 2014 mod as well.

Last but not least, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon...

Network Hub
    Hi guys, sorry for the delay!

My pick for this week's hotlap competition is....... (drum roll)

MONZA!!!

Have fun out there guys!

edit: And thank you very much for my stuffed sea lion. I will treasure it always.
    Last edited by Mittens89; 21-07-2014 at 07:49 PM.

(This post is for new users for the sake of the links in my signature)

RPS Hotlap Challenge: Week 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens89 View Post
    MONZA!!!
    BMW Z4 GT3
    Monza 2014

Rules and challenge history.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 21-07-2014 at 08:11 PM.

I'm guessing the new layout obviously. Ladies and gentlemen, lower your rear wings.

Network Hub
    I'm guessing the new layout obviously. Ladies and gentlemen, lower your rear wings.
    Yes, new layout.