Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rirdeg View Post
    That made me go find it. Wow! You're right, I really didn't like the default FFB. That tweak makes it 1000x better.

Also gents, I feel the need to leave this video here
    Yep, great lap, thanks for sharing Just to be sure, the .ini tweak you guys are talking about is the one I mentioned earlier about maximum frame latency?

And yeah, I'll try to get a few more laps done, but with the new Path of Exile expansion out my wheel is set to gather dust for a few days (or weeks...)

Network Hub
    Thanks everyone! Yeah that's the one I used Faldrath.

With this car when finding braking points etc. it's important to note you can probably brake a lot later and take the corners much faster than you expect. I've gained 4 seconds from when I started simply because the car is far better at braking than I expected.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The Formula Abarth's (or any open-wheeler's) braking is on a different level to anything else you've driven - and in this case it's WAY easy to lock-up too so dainty feet are required ;0

Don't forget aero grip either - cars with big wings grip better when you corner faster. If you've braked and entered a corner and the car has been loose, it's entirely possible you were just going too slowly! Try faster - the car might stick (first corner is a brilliant example of this)!

Network Hub
    Im just over a tenth off. Its so hard to be consistent in such a sensitive car! 1 in maybe 5 laps is a 1:45, the rest end up in the barrier.

I think I might be well and truly beaten this time. One last go tomorrow!

Network Hub
    I managed a 1:44.5 last night. I am having way too much fun with this car, especially now that the FFB is vastly improved! I spent a long time yesterday working on the setup and managed to unlock a full second just by finding a way to effectively settle the car over the curbs while also eliminating understeer. I found a reasonable trade off between straight line speed and cornering performance, so im pretty pleased.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Hmmm. 1:50. Something tells me I'm not going to win this challenge.

Network Hub
    Haha damnit Mittens! (Can't say that without smiling ridiculously) I was comfortable and then you go and take a second out of my time!!! Hehe time to break out the wheel I guess. Doubt i'll get any faster though :P

Network Hub
    I have to admit, it took me a long time to match your lap. I had to really knuckle down and spend a good evening (my poor, neglected partner) trying to get on top of it.

I find the whole 'slow in, fast out' method works extremely well at Imola. Get the car settled nice and early, a hint of trail braking to the apex to encourage the car to rotate if needs be (the final two corners especially), and then power out.

I reckon my lap can be beaten. I wasn't great through the chicane, so there's probably a couple of tenths there at least.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    Hmmm. 1:50. Something tells me I'm not going to win this challenge.
    I wouldn't even fit in the bloody thing, let alone drive consistent laps with it xD

Hopefully the next challenge will feature a bear-friendly car.

Hello there good folks.

Being a "fresh meat" to the racing scene, I introduced myself in the racing sim thread. The very kind and helpful Prolar Bear told me that is a chance that some of you fine folk might have a spare copy of GTR Evolution, the expansion to Race07.
    If somebody has got a spare and desperately wants to get rid of it, I would take the burden and accept it

Kind regards!

Actually this the hotlap thread - the proper group thread is a bit below. No worries though!

Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    Actually this the hotlap thread - the proper group thread is a bit below. No worries though!
    Woops, sorry >_<

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'll see if anyone in the steam chat does, someone might.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Activated Node
    Guys is there a quick link to find out what's going on (car, track) without having to look through 24 pages?

Network Hub
    Currently the Formula Abarth at Imola. Fastest lapper gets to pick a new combination every Monday.
    You can use Rivali or RSR Timing to record your lap or just upload a screenshot to this thread.

Network Hub
    We could really use a sub forum for AC, with a sticky hotlap thread up top explaining the rules and current car/track combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens89 View Post
    We could really use a sub forum for AC, with a sticky hotlap thread up top explaining the rules and current car/track combination.
    I wholly concur.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    A subforum for racing games in general, no? Most of us should have Race07 (nothing stops us from doing hotlaps there as well), might be easier to organize races, it would be a good place to post videos, setup tips, etc...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by zitron View Post
    Guys is there a quick link to find out what's going on (car, track) without having to look through 24 pages?
    It changes tonight as soon as someone admits to having won ;0