Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    And the Mittens89 WINS!

However, since I specified at the start of this week that Mittens89 can not select the next car/track combination on account of him winning too much, it seems that Rirdeg can instead select the next car/track combination!

You now have a choice between:

Any open-wheeler / Any track
    Any car / Any italian track except Mugello

(Extra leniency granted since, well, why not :P)

Mittens will still get his price though. It's a scale model of Ayrton Senna's helmet!.

Note: New drivers! Please ensure that you are part of the official RPS steam group or the RPS RSR livetiming community (link in signature) so that I won't miss your times when I am adding stuff.

NEW RULE: If a tyre compound is not specified by the winner, the tyres that are used by the default setup in the garage must be used (usually this is medium slicks or semislicks).

This rule is to mitigate the descrepiency between laps that is now occuring due to some drivers using medium slicks and some using soft slicks.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 25-08-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Mittens89 Logitech G25 1:44.556 29.729 39.429 35.398
    Daniel Lee (rirdeg) Logitech G27 1:45.402 29.925 39.738 35.739
    Aleksandr Bismarck Fanatec 1:47.616 31.039 40.384 36.193
    shrewdlogarithm X360 DirectInput 1:49.179 31.366 40.965 36.848
    Oingy_Boingy Please specify 1:50.400 31.338 42.112 36.950
    Moeras Grizzly Logitech Momo Racing 1:52.058 31.829 42.746 37.483
    Faldrath Please specify 1:52.882 32.567 42.369 37.946
    A.Fossto |SWE| Logitech Momo Racing 1:49.647 Time posted before start challenge

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Any car / Any italian track except Mugello
    I think you meant Imola. Still, good job everyone! There indeed are some aliens in here...curious how the only two padders (me and trjp) got pretty much the same time (1:49-1:50).

Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    I think you meant Imola. Still, good job everyone! There indeed are some aliens in here...curious how the only two padders (me and trjp) got pretty much the same time (1:49-1:50).
    The point of the "restricting choices" system is that the current hotlap combo is not too different from the previous one, so that people can use the experience they have gathered on the previous stint in the next one. Since we been racing at Vallunga, Imola, and Monza for the past few weeks, we already know those tracks .

Waitone, you are "oingy boingy"?

Oh, right, makes sense! Still, Mugello is a fun track.

And nope, oingy boingy is another guy on these forums - I just didn't use Rivali nor RSR. Gonna reinstall them now, hoping they don't crush the game's performance. Also, I'm pretty stoked for the update due planned for the 29th.

Sorry everyone, meant to post in here that I'd installed Rivali and had a go at Imola, apologies for the confusion! Should probably pick up some sort of mic and say hello in the Steam chat.

Also I use a 360 pad.

Network Hub
    Hooray! That was a tough one. Thank you for my replica helmet

Welcome Mr. Boingy, hope to see you popping up on the leaderboards more often.

What's this about a planned update? I am intrigued.

Ohh, another padder, yay! I don't know much about the update, Kunos just mentioned the 29th of August as the date of the next "major update". I can't wait to see it evolve.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    They've also just announced they got the Toyota license. Congrats to Mittens once more! (and I have a G27)

Yes, the Celica and GT86...I hope it's the original 90s Celica! Also, where in the world is Rirdeg? *tumbleweeds*

Network Hub
    Well done Mittens for another win. And welcome Oingy Boingy

Also, where in the world is Rirdeg? *tumbleweeds*
    Haha! Sorry was out marshalling at Castle Combe today. Just got home.

Seeing as there was classic Ferrari's racing today i'm feeling like doing some of that in Assetto Corsa.
    CAR: Ferrari F40 STD
    Tyres: Semislicks
    Track: Imola

Network Hub
    Grats again, Mittens! Three seconds... eesh. We need weight penalties.

I don't think I've driven the F40. Is there a landmine under the brake pedal, like with the Elise?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rirdeg View Post
    Well done Mittens for another win. And welcome Oingy Boingy

Haha! Sorry was out marshalling at Castle Combe today. Just got home.

Seeing as there was classic Ferrari's racing today i'm feeling like doing some of that in Assetto Corsa.
    CAR: Ferrari F40 STD
    Tyres: Semislicks
    Track: Imola

Castle Combe is my local circuit! I absolutely love it there. Haven't been at all this year, but I usually go a couple of times a year. I used to watch my friend run his Saxo VTS in the saloon championship until he moved on to Mighty Minis. Good stuff!

I remember back in 2011-2012 I nearly volunteered to become a marshal. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time now. You've just reminded me to look into it for 2015

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bismarck View Post
    Grats again, Mittens! Three seconds... eesh. We need weight penalties.

I don't think I've driven the F40. Is there a landmine under the brake pedal, like with the Elise?
    I'm pretty sure the landmine is under the accelerator pedal!!!

Network Hub
    Can I use the fact that my fastest lap around Imola in this shitheap is 3:05 to get the car changed under the 2 minute rule?

No?

OK then.

Activated Node
    Man, this car is really unpredictable. I think the suspensions are too soft. Time: 2:01.1

I think the main issue of this car is that it has a turbo, and as such you get a noticable "turbo lag". In layman terms: You get a sudden burst of power above a certain amount of RPMs. If you select the "Gear" app on the right side of the screen you can see exactly when the turbo kicks in, which should give you a feel for how it affects your car.

So this in combination with the rather tricky track means that the challenge got ramped up a lot this week around, I like it!

---

Incidently, this is why you today see "twin turbo" cars: Such cars have one turbo which is designed to work at low RPMs and one turbo which works at high RPMs, as such keeping the throttle response linear and as such making the car a lot more predictable. Superchargers achieve similar effects (although europeans apperently dislike them for some reason).

I may as well repeat this now: This AC challenge has no locks on assists. If you need to turn on every single assist available in order to get this car around the track, you are absolutely free to do so. Don't worry about sportiness-- Assetto Corsa assists are written in such a way that you will always be faster if you turn them off when you don't need them.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 26-08-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Activated Node
    I can deal with the turbo lag, but it gets really unsettled under braking. I turn left, it goes right.... Will try again with assists.