Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    I had looked at Ka0s's leaderboard already, and it actually could be great fun for some Go-Kart style HEATS on the multiplayer side.

Activated Node
    I'm just not good enough in the F40, or there's something broken at the back of my car. I spent a good hour on it last night and managed two valid laps, one 2:05 and one 2:03. It's just far too happy to lock up irretrievably under any sort of braking.

Lesser Hivemind Node Prolar Bear's Avatar
    I managed a 2:02 on RSR. Applying a little throttle while braking seems to work its magic.

Network Hub
    Since some are having a bit of trouble with this combo i've made a small tutorial video on the braking points i'm currently using. It's possible to go faster than that, the brake points are probably a bit too conservative and i'm not pushing 100% but it may help some who are having a bit of trouble.
    Sorry for the "um's" and audio clipping, it's been a while since I recorded with my mic, out of practice :P.
    If this proves to be of use to some people i'd be happy doing more for future combos.

-Edit-
    Forgot to mention.
    All tyre pressures are at 22 psi
    Camber LF and RF are -1.5

Everything else is default. If you're still struggling with grip by all means lower tyre pressures further
    Last edited by Rirdeg; 28-08-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks, that was very helpful! I've learned that the F40 really needs early braking and conservative driving, sometimes it can get unsettled very easily.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks for the video - very illuminating for a few reasons

1 - you don't seem to have the EXPLOSIVE acceleration I have which I guess is down to my 'heavy right finger'
    2 - try the chicane in 1st, you can keep the revs/a bit of power up over the kerbs and get a push out of the other side.
    3 - 1st MIGHT help in the corner before the chicane too - and don't be afraid to use the left-side-rumble there for a quicker line through (tho there's no room for error and smooth power is required)
    4 - I think you need more air in your rear tyres - the hairpin will be be easier for starters ;0

Overall tho - I use more kerb and push a bit harder for a slower time - usual theory applies, "slow is fast" I guess...
    Last edited by trjp; 28-08-2014 at 10:17 PM.

Network Hub
    1. First gear can be a nightmare for me sometimes but other than that yeah I don't have too much problem with the power.
    2. Will give it a try. Thanks.
    3. I'm most of the time terrible there, there's so much going on with such little space. Will give it a try.
    4. Might try that, was just using today to find braking points really. I fiddle with the setup more later in the week. Around 21 - 22 is my baseline for nearly all cars.

The slow is fast thing is so true. I can't count how many times i've been pushing hard in a race sim thinking I can't find any more time. Back it off and slow it down (mentally) a bit and watch those tenths fall off!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You can cheat a bit for setup and take a peek at the 'Stage 3' F40 (more power but same tuning options) - it runs 25psi all round (I'm favouring 24 front, 27 rear atm) - as well as changes to stabilise the car under braking ofc.

Network Hub
    How does one go about requesting a sub forum specifically for racing sims? Does anyone know?

I asked quantacat and he was "looking into it"

I think the best solution is to bombard Quantacat with PMs, as he apperently owns the game clubs board.

EDIT: Gaming forum delayed due to recent issues.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 29-08-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Guys! Guys! We can use the "Friends Leaderboard" app now, it's integrated in the game and works perfectly.

EDIT: +1 for the subforum, hopefully

And yes the F40 does seem more stable under braking to me too.

Network Hub
    Help me out with this new leaderboard. There are 4 different types, yet I can't cycle through them? I'm pressing F9, yet nothing is happening.

Also, the new Merc SLS looks pretty fun, and we have a new short circuit for the slower cars! Hooray.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    A friends leaderboard is nice but keeping everyone in everyone else's friends list will be a massive pain in the balls.

We need a 'Steam Group' leaderboard...

With great thanks to Rirdeg for the video tutorial and the set up chat, I've just about got a decent time out of the F40. My best time is now 2.02.988, knocked a good 13 seconds off my best clean lap from during the week!

My set up at the moment is no toe at all, 22 psi all round with -1.5 camber at the front and -0.5 camber at the rear.

Ladies and gentlemen: Rivali Tempo has been updated to version 4.6.
    As a result, it now works with the latest update.

Note that you may also use screenshots if you can't improve your laptimes via a livetiming app. It's just that livetiming apps make my job a bit easier, as well as showing you where you need to aim for.

Also note: The deadline has been extended even furhter, to next saturday.
    This for the following reasons:
    1) It's much easier for me to make scoreboards on a sunday then it is on a monday or thursday, and I don't want to cut this challenge short after first stating that I had extended it already.
    2) Livetiming apps troubles!
    3) it gives people more time to get used to this particular car. It's quite a hefty thing.

Apologies for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 30-08-2014 at 03:19 PM.

*rawr of approval*

Activated Node
    I'm starting to get used to this car now. You need to eat curbs and drift it! 1:58.6

Activated Node
    No better than 1:59.6 for me and I was pretty much out of control for a lot of it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=307898318

Network Hub
    1:57.8

Hooking a lap up in this car feels really good. Probably the most satisfying so far, I imagine because it's constantly on the limit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just a point - esp for newer players but we all go through it - whilst screenshots are OK as a last resort, if you want us to be sure your laptimes aren't the result of

a - maxing the track temp
    b - slicks
    c - the souped-up version of the car
    d - hacking
    e - photoshooooop

Times posted through either RSR or Rivali or a even video are best (extraordinary claims and all that!)

I personally have no interest in laptimes where you "managed to wing slides and shit with a setup which ate the tyres inside a lap" - IMO your quickest lap is the one you can repeat pretty-much on-demand!

I mentioned this earlier - one hotlap thing I did some years back averages your best 3 laps IN A ROW - that tended to sort the men from the boys (and removed silly tyre pressures/fuel loads and "lucky" laps from the equation) - I guarantee people who win those - win races.