Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Prolar, you play on a GAMEPAD? Now I feel completely inadequate :(

I also switched to the Zonda, and got 1:14.919... I might still be able to shave a tenth or two, but I'm not sure I'll have time to do that.

I have GTL, but haven't unlocked all cars yet... I got distracted by other games. I don't have GTR2, but won't mind buying it if everyone wants to play that, I don't mind giving money to Simbin and it's cheap enough.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by prolar bear View Post

Challenge Accepted:

capture_2013-10-20_02-13-54 (800x500).jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My fastest time? still 1:16.8 :(
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    UGH Zitron.

I have GTR2 so I'd be fine with reinstalling it and PnG! Also we could do a hotlap thing on that DTM Experience demo. Don't have GTL though.
    I hope I can do some more laps today since I'll have to be away for some hours...wanna try and get that 1st place back.

Activated Node
    Damn I have Folk RPS Arma tonight, so you win sir.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well there's still some time left... ^^ in any case your time gave me a good scare. I still don't know how I managed to beat it.

Regarding GTL, aren't we better off with the GTL mod since it's basically a port with additional cars? If anyone can chime in about mod vs. full game it'd be great!

You bastards (and I mean this in the most affectionate way!) Anyway, I shaved off a tenth or two! 1:14.771.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...4D699BF02D00F/

And, er, I clicked on that amazing mod pepper linked, and my brain synapses flared and said "you must have that!" so I am kinda downloading GTR2 now. Oops.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    No offence taken! I reckon any time below 1:15 is good...frankly, I still have no clue on how I managed to be that fast. I used a slightly modified Zandvoort setup btw.

Yeah PnG is amazing...to be honest, between that and the GTL mod there's no need to buy GTL. Unless somebody who has GTL says it's got better physics.

Also, the Zonda is, as one reviewer put it, Satan's own chariot. I feel a bit drained after lapping with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    No offence taken! I reckon any time below 1:15 is good...frankly, I still have no clue on how I managed to be that fast. I used a slightly modified Zandvoort setup btw.
    Yeah, I'm starting to suspect that (one of) my disadvantages is that I have no idea how to set up a car other than gear ratios and fuel... ah well.

Also, keep an eye on the other group thread because later today I'll write a startling post about F1 2013!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Yeah, I'm starting to suspect that (one of) my disadvantages is that I have no idea how to set up a car other than gear ratios and fuel... ah well.

Also, keep an eye on the other group thread because later today I'll write a startling post about F1 2013!
    I used the Zandvoort setup because I have no clue about setups either, other than fuel and maybe wings. Too lazy to read a guide.
    Oooh, startling? The plot thickens!

Also: regarding this hotlap competition...how about making a sorta championship? I.E. 1st place equals 3 points, 2nd 2 points, 3rd 1 point or something like that, over a coupla rounds.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    Also: regarding this hotlap competition...how about making a sorta championship? I.E. 1st place equals 3 points, 2nd 2 points, 3rd 1 point or something like that, over a coupla rounds.
    I was thinking the same thing!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'll look into the championship thingy tomorrow, something like that popped in my mind but I completely forgot.

Also, I like the idea of going with the Simbin DTM game demo for next weeks hotlap, any objections?

Bread?

Nope, I'm downloading the demo as well. Too... many... racing... games...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    DTM challenge is up, I will do the point scoring later on, right now still fiddling with how messy the first post is getting to look with all the results. I need a better solution for that.

Bread?

I did a few laps there, no good times yet (around 1:42 with the Audi). Does anyone else feel that the controls are less tight than in Race07? The car just felt a bit too floaty for me...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I agree about the floatiness, but I think I like it. It's not too bad (like NFS Shift) but it's there. Being a new game though I'd expect many fixes and stuff in the near future.
    My time is abysmal but here it is, done with the BMW. 2013-10-25 2019 0001.jpg

Activated Node
    Are you guys playing on "get real" mode? I thought the handling was similar to race 07. For some reason the game sets my game folder to read only and refuses to save any screen shots. That really pissed me off. I had 1:39.2 something with the Audi.

Anyway, here's my attempt at the ring with the bmw.

capture_2013-10-10_00-06-59 (800x500).jpg

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah I was playing on Get Real...the physics are a strange mixture between grounded and floaty - I definitely felt like I was in the car, maybe slightly more than Race. But I think I prefer Race, it's slightly more predictable and fluid.

Next contest?
    Also: should we change the Nordschleife class sometime?

Sorry I haven't posted a lap, but Path of Exile has gripped me lately :( I'll try to find some time for this!