Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Is there any way to skip / avoid the torture mission? Because I'd quite like to play the game, but I'm not going to play that.

Though I guess I tend to spend most GTA games just driving around having random fun... so maybe I can just ignore the main storyline entirely?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    I just encountered a character voiced by the guy who does Cyril from Archer, so that's made my day.
    The pertinent question this is was he a huge fan of cock? :)

Also they need to make an Archer game already goddamn it
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    So far, I think it's much, much better than IV (which I liked). The shooting is tight, the driving feels good and the random missions and main missions themselves get much more entertaining than IV's do.

It's such a different beast than Saints Row though, and I don't even really compare them now. It just has it's sense of fun back for example (small spoiler)

There's a mission where you get high and fight off aliens with a minigun
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    White texted by Jams because spoilers? I think?

What the fuck,fighting aliens in GTA game. I don't like this at all-.-
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 20-09-2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: spoilers?

It's not real, it's a hallucination that happens once.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    White-texted by Jams as above: What the fuck,fighting aliens in GTA game. I don't like this at all-.-
    Seriously what part of *spoilers* don't you quite understand? I mean it's bad enough that you blurted out a whole bunch of Game of Thrones ones in the 'what you been watching thread' and ruined half of last season for a bunch of people (thankfully I wasn't one of them), but your endless capacity to just not give any consideration to others and post as if no one else is reading is /facepalm.
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 20-09-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Hm, is it possible to play the game using just one of the characters, or is it necessary/non-optional to switch between them?

You have missions that are mandatory to play as a certain character.

I'm somewhat confused by the stock market charts that don't match up to the price/change/% info. It could be a shortcut they took, with generic fake graphs that only suggest the range and volatility of each stock, or maybe it's a bug of some sort. I bought the first stock you price crash in the story when it was very low, which the chart reflected at the time, but recently I've seen a chart with it spiking up and down again, while the stock price has definitely not recovered. The BAWSAQ charts, where the prices are generated from player activity and have a 5 hour history, also look quite different from the LCN charts. I wonder if there are certain times when the charts are accurate, or perhaps if they're good during play a session but not saved, so when you load up fresh it shows fakes, or if they're all fakes and sometimes they're just plausible by accident. It's rather puzzling anyway.

Network Hub
    I was disappointed by GTA 4, but this has put the series back on track IMO. Lack of AA and the occasional pop-in aside (consolitis) there is nothing that hasn't been improved.

The first two triathlons in no way prepare you for the third. It takes you round two thirds of the map and took me just over 28 minutes. My thumb really, really fucking hurts.

Banned
    I can't even begin to list what I feel are highlights for the game because it's all so bloody good. Trevor's rampage missions were all excellent and worth tracking down just for the dialogue.

"Kill 20 Hipsters."

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    I can't even begin to list what I feel are highlights for the game because it's all so bloody good. Trevor's rampage missions were all excellent and worth tracking down just for the dialogue.

"Kill 20 Hipsters."
    I love that they're trying to run you over with vespas.

Hmm. I just encountered Trevor today. I'm not sure I can play him. Too much of an scummy piece of shit.

Aside from that, the game generally feels somewhat hollow compared to GTA4. I miss the calls and the feel of Liberty City. This is... more like a card board satire than a living city. Though I'm not entirely ready to render my final verdict on that. Do miss the calls though.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihkel View Post
    I love that they're trying to run you over with vespas.
    "YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING FOR EVERYONE!!!" is now one of my favourite quotes of the game so far.

---

A word of warning. If you're in a vehicle you've modded, don't purchase a garage while sitting in said car. The game will auto transport you into the interior of said garage, sans car. Which will be gone when you exit the garage, along with the money you'd spent on those racing brakes. Damn it.

Well I'm enjoying it. Got it on the PS3 but will get it on the PC on release. As others have said, the gameplay is so much tighter. To be frank, I'm not sure it's the best decision. GTA for me was best when it was slightly wacky, Vice City still holding my top spot. But how open this is, the sheer size, is pretty damn good.

I just need to find people online to make a crew for heisting when GTA Online gets released :(

There are post credits missions.

The Bond car was thoroughly entertaining.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    What's the resolution like? I use my PS3 on my 1920x1080 24" monitor, so I can't really sit on the other side of the room to play. I've had trouble with other 720p games where I really struggle to tell what's going on as background and smaller objects can be very indistinct and blurry. I watched a couple of Youtube videos that looked pretty bad, but it's hard to tell if that's just poor encoding.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Duck View Post
    Hmm. I just encountered Trevor today. I'm not sure I can play him. Too much of an scummy piece of shit.
    I know, right? Holy shit what an introduction. But, to be fair, Trevor feels like the most appropriate GTA protagonist yet. Here is a guy who would have no qualms about running people over or shooting at cops just for the hell of it. A guy who is as ugly on the inside as he is on the outside. There's just about nothing you could do inbetween the missions would feel "out of character" for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Duck View Post
    Do miss the calls though.
    YOU WHAT
    Last edited by Henke; 25-09-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    What's the resolution like? I use my PS3 on my 1920x1080 24" monitor, so I can't really sit on the other side of the room to play. I've had trouble with other 720p games where I really struggle to tell what's going on as background and smaller objects can be very indistinct and blurry. I watched a couple of Youtube videos that looked pretty bad, but it's hard to tell if that's just poor encoding.
    It's pretty bad. Not even 1080 and no AA makes a fuzzy mess. Plus the fact that fps is generally between 25-30, at worst 15-20.
    Last edited by Mihkel; 25-09-2013 at 09:08 AM.