Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

GTA V Discussion

A thread for you all to discuss GTA V.

FAQ

Q: lol im wait fer pc vershun becuz consol isn ot gud enuf 4 me
    A: Even if yours is grammatically correct and you have a better reason, don't post these, because I know from experience that these just clutter the thread.

Q: DIS IZ TEH PEE SEE GAMIGN FORM HOW DAR U POST TIS
    A: This game is released. It is a gud gam, AFAIK. Just stear clear of the thread, because it'll shift to PC when it comes out.
    That last letter in my avatar is a P!

No. Take this to lesser formats.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    How's the gameplay,like SA or GTA 4 ?

I'm doing the sensible thing and moving this to "Other stuff" to stem the inevitable tide of people whining or making "jokes" about the PC forum not being the right place for it.

Banned
    More like SA than 4 I'd say.

Have laughed an awful lot playing it so far.

The very first loading screen I saw featured some kind of juggalo. If there are juggalo NPCs, they will be going down in droves.

Driving is improved. Vehicle types have very different handling feels to them. High-end sports cars go from nought to lightning in a heartbeat and cornering is very sharp, whereas muscle cars feel like they've got a lot more weight to them and get to decent speeds but take longer to get there. Franklin's special ability is quite fun, I love the ribbons of light coming from rear lights when it's in use. There is a car that looks like the newer Mini Cooper.

Special edition Atomic Blimp: Blows up real good, texture of the text on it looks a bit low res though.

Things from past games: Packie McReary from GTA IV turned up very early, saw a rec centre named after BJ Smith from Vice City.

Chop, the dog, is a horny little bastard.

Channel X radio station has delighted me. Keith Morris was/is in at least three of the bands it features. If it needs a criticism of any kind, it's that there aren't enough tracks so I'm already starting to get a bit of repetition, but when its' Descendents, Circle Jerks, Agent Orange and Suicidal Tendencies I can live with it.

Currently in a cinema watching one of the "Forin & Moody" films. It is black and white utter surrealism featuring characters called Mario and Luigi. It's going on for quite a while.

I'm not a fan of the cursive style text for car names, entering new areas etc. When the PC version appears, I give it about ten minutes before someone mods it to a nice bold sans serif typeface.
    Last edited by Rath; 17-09-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alset85 View Post
    No. Take this to lesser formats.
    *Sigh*

I shouldn't have put it past certain members of the RPS community to completely arbitrarily deem certain threads unfit for posting. This post is both off topic and annoyingly pointless. This makes me agree with the decision to move the thread, since I now realize that the people here aren't as sensible as I had hoped.

EDIT: *Kadayi reinforces point*
    Last edited by Pengwertle; 19-09-2013 at 03:08 AM.

So far I'm loving it, but the framerate can be very dodgy. Can't wait for it to come to pc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengwertle View Post
    I shouldn't have put it past certain members of the RPS community to completely arbitrarily deem certain threads unfit for posting. This post is both off topic and annoyingly pointless. This makes me agree with the decision to move the thread, since I now realize that the people here aren't as sensible as I had hoped.
    You posted in the wrong sub-forum. Get over it. You wanted a thread to talk about the game, talk about the game.

EDIT: *Kadayi reinforces point*
    Maybe you acquaint yourself with the forum rules before you start acting pissy.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 19-09-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousOrange View Post
    So far I'm loving it, but the framerate can be very dodgy. Can't wait for it to come to pc.
    If you are using the 360 version, have you been following the advice given?

From http://kotaku.com/how-to-install-gta...for-1327503438:

Rockstar support advised Xbox 360 plsyers not to install Grand Theft Auto V's second "play disc" to their hard drives. Doing so, they suggested, would affect performance. The 360 version of GTA V comes on two DVDs. One is an 8GB "install disc" that you must install, and a second one is a "play disc" that you use to play the game. (The PS3 version comes on a single Blu-Ray.) As you can see in this video up top from Digital Foundry, the 360 version with the play disc installed to the hard drive is noticeably laggy compared to the off-disc version. It's not a huge deal, but the lag is present.

Fortunately, the same folks at Digital Foundry have already found a solution: If you want to play GTA V on Xbox 360 without the noise of a spinning DVD, install the first disc on your 360 hard drive like you normally would, then install the play disc to a USB thumb drive. They're sure to point out that your your mileage may vary depending on your thumb drive, but say that the approach made their lag problems go away.
    I have to say, so far I've had amazing visual performance out of it. No lag, no pop-in scenery/textures, not even a single instance of screen tear (and that's a first for me, I usually see it on everything). I have noticed a couple of glaring bugs, like NPCs spinning on the spot when the physics engine goes a bit wonky, plus I've repeatedly had all engine noise cut out as though I were driving an electric car, until I exit and re-enter the vehicle and it fixes itself.

Anyway, mods, please move this back to the regular forum once the PC version is announced, and sticky it for a couple of days so people don't create more threads. That way... actually, I take it back, they'll still be able to find some pointless reason to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    I'm doing the sensible thing and moving this to "Other stuff" to stem the inevitable tide of people whining or making "jokes" about the PC forum not being the right place for it.
    It didn't help. As a forum mod, you should know people will find a way to complain no matter what.
    Last edited by Pengwertle; 19-09-2013 at 04:56 AM.

On topic this time.

Speculation on when PC will be announced! I think they'll be releasing it at the same time as the Xbone and PS4 versions, because otherwise the console people will say, "HAY Y DO TEH PEESEE GET TEH GUD VERSUN FURST ITS NOT FAIR ROCKSTAR HAS ABANDONED THE CONSOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Spoiler:

Johnny Klebitz deserved better than that. For fucks sake, Rockstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwertle View Post
    Anyway, mods, please move this back to the regular forum once the PC version is announced, and sticky it for a couple of days so people don't create more threads. That way... actually, I take it back, they'll still be able to find some pointless reason to complain.

It didn't help. As a forum mod, you should know people will find a way to complain no matter what.
    as a poster without many posts, you should know you are coming off as a bit of a tit, "demanding" stuff from mods, just because you want your thread to stand out and be superior TO ALL OTHER THREADS OF GTA OMG

etc.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Can we get another GTA thread? Perhaps one thatís headed by someone who doesnít open with being a petulant asshole and somehow goes down from there.

Feel free.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Sorry, my bad. I just reread the thread and that is EXACTLY what I sound like.

But I don't get this mentality that the OP is "in charge" of the thread; like the guy who happened to post about the topic first gets to lead the entire thread and be more important to the discussion than everyone else. I know that's what I was doing, and now I see how ridiculous it is. I don't appear to be able to delete my posts, and they're just cluttering the thread with off topic crap.

Is requesting for deletion of my posts a thing here?

I learnt an important internet lesson. Thanks gais, u so ice :3 I will now be sensible and follow the lifestyle of my avatar.
    Last edited by Pengwertle; 19-09-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I'll try and pop this back on the rails.

Soooo.... real question:

Is it better than Saint's Row 4?...

I got bored about half way through GTA4 - i used to enjoy the driving in GTA3 etc., but they broke that (Saints Row has poor driving too, but you can fly now...). I think the satire and sheer enjoyment in Saints Row is better than anything Rockstar was trying to do in 4 (possibly ever, although I love Vice City) and I've heard the plot goes downhill fairly swiftly in 5. However, the world itself looks pretty awesome in GTAV, and i'm considering getting it for the sheer scale of the thing and just ignoring the main plot (ala Skyrim), especially if the driving is improved. I've also heard it has complete golf and tennis games (?!). Thoughts of anyone who's played it? (and ideally SR4 for comparison, too!).
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Golf, tennis, yoga, and the triathlon from San Andreas has returned as well. The driving is considerably improved over that of GTA IV. The three characters start with varying levels of ability in driving, stamina, lung capacity etc. as it was in San Andreas, so the more driving, running, swimming you do the more they improve. Plus, the three of them have character specific special abilities, Franklins' being the ability to slow down time while driving, which can make a hell of a difference in hairpin turns. It's a cool visual effect when in use, vehicles rear lights stream outward like neon ribbons.

I just encountered a character voiced by the guy who does Cyril from Archer, so that's made my day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yeah, it's all the side stuff that's making me consider it, rather than the story itself (which, three character view-switching aside, looks very much like GTA4 - there'll be good moments, but a lot of grind). Driving being improved makes me consider it all the more, I used to love driving around vice city and they broke that model with GTA4.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!