Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Stupid AI, terrible and nonintuitive UI, terrible scripting mechanics, inconsistent retreat mechanics, nonexistent and unpredictable logic behind morality checks, insufficient documentation (yes, despite those 300 pages of manual) are just a few of the numerous flaws I am discovering about this game. And I have played a grand total of 4 games - RPSAlexander, RPSGodOfTheHill2, around 15 turns of tutorial and circa 20 turns of some random game on a small random map. I am starting to hate this game.

Instead of boasting about "thousands of spells/units", the devolepers could perhaps focus on more pressing issues regarding all the broken or semifunctional mechanics. Stupid game. I mildly resent you Dominions 3/willseeabout4!

EDIT: Well, stating that there is no logic behind morality checks is stating what is false. The "logic", however, is cringe-inducing, for me at least.
    Last edited by Nahru; 01-11-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    We all have to deal with it. Trying to script large armies is the past of the game I like least, the outcome rarely if ever matches what I intended.

Network Hub
    The essence of Dominions battle scripting: no plan survives contact with the enemy.

A proposal for the arachnophobes. If you aren't willing to use your resources to fight Machaka openly, help out those who are. Any gold or gems I receive during the war will be repaid afterwards, or in the event of my untimely demise they will be repaid where possible and the rest of my gems and items will be distributed amongst those who helped. Machaka will never know you were involved.

Resources I need are nature gems, earth gems, gold and death gems in order of priority.

A proposal for arachnophiles (anyone?). As you probably already know, I was ruthlessly attacked by T'ien Chi'i and C'tis. I had to act quickly to teach the latter one a lesson, since this is not the first time he attacked me without provocation. He was rude enough not to even send me a message declaring a war, instead opting for the blitzkrieg assault. Quite distressing.

But C'tis is not a problem for me. The boring T'ien Ch'inese are - you know, those that attacked Ashod at one time. I have no resources to quickly totally crush C'tis, so anyone willing to use the opportunity is welcome to do so, as I am too busy to interfere with such things.

Edit: Also, thank you Kelron for extending the turn even without me asking. I apologise to everyone for the inconvenience, but I need many hours to invest in making decisions, lest history repeats itself...
    Last edited by Nahru; 02-11-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Network Hub
    All, a quick glance at any metric available in the score charts should convince you who needs trimming back. The spider does not need to be annihilated...but he needs to at least be cut in half. do your part today. pull a leg off the nearest spider! oh yeah...spiders eat puppies!

There is now one province standing between my capital and T'ien Ch'i's army. It matters little the number of provinces I have, because I need to defend them from attacks from multiple sides. I am not sure whether or not I will be capable to hold off T'ien Ch'i's army from conquering my capital, but if I do not - you all know what fate awaits you.

I am surprised at the rate of research T'ien Ch'i has, and with only 2 fortresses. We can expect a substantial acceleration of it soon, I think.

Network Hub
    I was surprised to spider troops being buffed with the spell weapons of sharpness. CON 7? I think spider boy will be forging uniques very soon unless he is squished.

Consider the war pre-emptive defence. We all know it was only a matter of time, either you attack me or I watch you attack Tien Chi and then you attack me. I'm not after your annihilation here, I just don't like having a neighbour who can bully me around on a whim.

EDIT: Why did I just write that? Nevermind, forget it.

Now I want to know what you said.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahru2 View Post
    EDIT: Why did I just write that? Nevermind, forget it.
    Don't go changing Nahru
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    I guess I should invade both of you?

Network Hub
    Well, for the fence sitters out there who were content to let Ctis and T'ien try to stop Machaka....we failed. R'lyeh has invaded me, throwing in with the spider plague. Enjoy as he devours you one at a time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    What I did was not out of love for the spider guy, but for my own chances for survival. My plan to stay in the water was failing miserably.

Sorry T'ien Ch'i but your island location was the just best place for me to strike - isolated, easy to defend (from land-based aggressors) - and your war with Machaka the perfect time.

My heart! Breathe... Breathe... Just keep breathing...

Network Hub
    Screwie, I get why you did it, but the effect is not going to be pleasant for anyone but the spider. The charts say it all.

Oh no need to worry. I cannot fight more than one at a time. And I am being carefully watched due to my size. Yet, it was you and C'tis who attacked me, not the other way around. And you even had "free" Abysian provinces to conquer, yet you chose me instead. R'lyeh was right to use this opportunity.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    watching, always just watching.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    watching, always just watching.....
    Yes, and the situation with all those scouts trying to cross the borders is becoming laughable. At least you put them all on retreat, while I loose them :-/