Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Network Hub

Tabletop RPG - Deathwatch

Well inspired by the work of DW in starting a Marvel Superheroes RP aswell as the soon to be released Space Marine, I've decided to start up an RP using the Deathwatch rules from Fantasy Flight games. I am not 100% sure about the exact nature of the campaign yet but the basics are thus.

You are a Space Marines.
    Things will die and explode.
    Dakka Dakka Dakka.

If anyone is interested in this, either for a single session or an actual campaign just let me know. Post here or find me on Steam/Mumble.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    yesyesyes! Overall I prefer the the Rogue Trader setting but I would certainly like to give this a go - I am desperate to start playing most any paper rpg!

Obscure Node
    The 40K RPG's including Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader and Space Marine are all awesome tabletop games. I am just starting a Dark Heresy campaign and daaamn the critical tables make people fall apart quickly when under fire.

I have never played an actual campaign with Space Marine - just one shots- but it seems like it would be a really entertaining RPG along the likes of the opening 30-45 minutes of Predator. Please let us know how it goes!

Network Hub
    Oatish feel free to join in, it'll be done one afternoon/evening a week (or every 2 weeks depending on peoples schedules).

LowKey glad to have you onboard, just getting my head around all the different skills and things right now....god the list is endless!

Sure, I'm in. Lowkey - if you're DESPERATE, our Marvel Superheros group is a man short.

Network Hub
    I am thinking of running character gen this weekend if anyone is interested? I think I have 4/5 people so far which is about right for what I want.

For Chapters I've had a request of not Ultramarines and in order to try something a bit different I am thinking Imperial Fists, any objections? Any suggestions?

my understanding of deathwatch is that each character can be a different chapter no?

Network Hub
    I am using the deathwatch rules but you aren't playing a deathwatch kill team. Too narrow focus plus I don't like the cohesion rules when part of a deathwatch kill team.

oh I see, that's cool no problem with imperial fists!

Network Hub
    LowKey when do you think you'd be up for some character gen?

Only time I cant do is Saturday evening, otherwise I can make myself available whenever pal

edit - lets say I cant do saturday at all, but pretty much any other time is fine, iv added you on steam so just ding me when convenient, I could pop down to my local friendly gaming store and check out the character creation bits if that would make things easier?
    Last edited by LowKey; 25-08-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Network Hub
    Currently have genned DW and Liqourish. With interest from LowKey, Harlander and Alethron that'd make it the perfect size. Just drop me a message when you three are ready to gen and we can get this party started!

Network Hub
    Ok tester session will be today at 8pm (that is sunday 8pm BST) using mumble. It should only last a few hours as we all get to grips with the system and your characters. If you can get back to me before the start of play of how you are spending your initial XP that'd be grand. Thanks Liqourish for doing yours already you OP twat! :P

What are the chances of me getting in on this?

I would love to join in, and am free this evening.

if you need to get hold of me quickly, just twitter me @smokingkipper. My Steam ID is also smokingkipper.

If I am too late, then fair enough, but I would love to play :)

OP?

I can punch out cthulu...

I'm going dual melee, and have swift attack, which means I get four attacks every round in melee. At rank three I'll be able to up that to six! Later on there's an ability that gives me an additional attack, bumping it up to seven. Muhahaha.

Basically, my dude (Konrad) is a charismatic leader type, with an affinity for melee combat. I'll fly in (I'm an assault marine) and spin around in a symphony of bloodshed. I've got sub-par toughness though, so my tactic is going to be to kill everything before it even can touch me.

Also my power armour specialized in killing things - it gets a bonus to crits or somesuch.

T'was a good night!

Having never played a tabletop RPG, naturally I was chosen to lead the team. Having fought through some forest terrain, we happened upon an Ork encampment. My shining moment was to suggest (order!) that instead of heading in, we should hang back and casually lob grenades over the wall, and set-up a fire zone outside the exit. It worked out a treat and the grenades halved the enemy forces, the rest piling through the gate to get chewed up by our heavy bolter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Curious: How do you run these? Just a Ventrilo/Teamspeak/Mumble server with all participants, and doing all the rolls for yourself?

Or do you use any of the myriad online RPG helpers?
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

For last session, we used the community mumble server and rolled our own dice, as well as using steam chat room for writing things.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I always assumed the DM did all the dice rolling if you didnt use some kind of rpg helper program
    I'd be up for joining in a game like this at some point, if only to try it. But i wont be back in the UK until next month.