Activated Node

Buying the Witcher 2 Second Hand

Hey, if I were to buy The Witcher 2: Subtitle second hand, would I be faced with any DRM issues, and are there any DLC codes that I would lack? Thanks

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    If you were to buy the Witcher 2 second hand, you'd have most of this site sneer at you.

I don't remember the game coming with a code, and all DLC was included in a recent patch, and the game has no DRM. But you should buy it new, just to support CDProjekt RED. I mean, if you're going to support any dev, they deserve it more than most.

All DLC is free and you can install on as many computers as you like, I believe this is true.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    While I do think the used-game-as-a-business-model approach (a la Gamestop) is a bit slimy, there's no reason why people shouldn't be allowed to trade things between each other (unless its dishonest i.e. you could both continue to play the game at the same time). Devs do deserve to be paid, of course, but I can resell anything else I own (including movies and CDs) without feeling morally wrong.
    Last edited by Smashbox; 24-08-2011 at 07:05 PM.

All the DRM was removed, and also I am fairly sure that all the DLC (GOG stuff, preorder exclusives etc) are included in patches, or available as small downloads. So no, you shouldn't have any issues buying a second hand copy.

Edit: The only thing you might miss out on, would be some of the physical extras, unless they are included in the purchase. Things like the map, the pamphlet, the paper craft stuff. I assume it's a physical copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Nothing wrong with buying second-hand. Do people around here sneer at folks who frequent used bookstores as well?

Anyway, sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Last edited by Wooly Wugga Wugga; 24-08-2011 at 07:42 PM.
    "You go up to a man, and you say, "How are things going, Joe?" and he says, "Oh fine, fine couldn't be better." And you look into his eyes, and you see things really couldn't be much worse. When you get right down to it, everybody's having a perfectly lousy time of it, and I mean everybody. And the hell of it is, nothing seems to help much." - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.