Thread: HTPC build

HTPC build

After months of planning I finally settled down for a HTPC configuration. When I moved to China I let my desktop PC at home, so nowadays I only use my laptop (nvidia optimus powered) for gaming. I dont have the space here to set up a new desktop system, so I decided to put me a gaming box under my TV.

Here are the parts I want to get:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570
    Mainboard: ASRock H87M-ITX
    GPU: Inno3D GeForce GTX 760 OC 2GB
    RAM: G.Skill Ares 1600 DDR3 8GB
    HDD: Seagate Barrcuda 3TB
    SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB
    Case: Silverstone Sugo SG06
    PSU: Silverstone 450w ST45SF-G
    CPU cooler: Prolimatech Samuel 17 & Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 14
    Bluray: Hitachi-LG CT30F

I wanted to wait another month till AMD releases their new gpus, so that maybe there will be another price drop. But with the latest announcements of Valve and Amd (Mantle) I am not sure if I should just wait some more months and get an AMD system? Or should I just go forward with this config?

Any inputs or suggestions for this build are appreciated!

I built a HTPC over a year ago. I also went for a Silverstone case (GD08). I am very happy with this case. So I guess you can't go wrong with the SG06.

I focused on components with low power consumption, low noise & heat production. So maybe you want to verify your parts to see if they are not too noisy etc..

Thanks for your answer. Seriously considering switching to a new build with a R9 280X in a SG08 case (no problem fitting a longer GPU in there).

I have been through the whole content of this blog which is very informative and knowledgeable stuff, So i would like to visit again.

Warm your hands with Primark’s hand warmer
    Last edited by HarisonHubert55; 15-12-2014 at 01:33 PM.