Results 1 to 20 of 52
29-09-2013, 12:52 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
[VS]Outfit Chat 2 October 20:00 BST (19:00 UTC)
Yeah, that thing where we all get to say about the direction of the Outfit.
As ever, reply to this thread with stuff you want on the Agenda, and provided I don't think it's stupid, it will get added. Especially as I have less ideas for the Agenda than ever.
- Theme weeks. People seemed to like these. As the outfit has shrunk a little these seem to have died out. Should we make them happen again. What theme should we start with?
- Outfit Size. The outfit grew continuously from the launch of PS2 up until June this year. Since then it's declined pretty sharply. Do we care? Do we want to do anything about it? It's worth noting that PS2 player numbers seem to be down a lot too.
- Comms. Can we ditch the old system to parking and just use the direct comms channels now?
- November Outfit Meet
Last edited by CMaster; 29-09-2013 at 02:35 PM.
29-09-2013, 02:06 PM #2
I'll probably not make the meeting unfortunately so here are my thoughts:
- theme weeks are fun, see the original thread for my suggestions.
- I like the outfit size as it is. No point trying to pull people in, they'll play if they want to. Smaller seems to work better and be more fun.
- agree with the comms suggestion.
29-09-2013, 02:23 PM #3
Can you add the November meet up to the agenda? We need to get people signed up and all the details arranged. I'll do my best to attend.
29-09-2013, 04:11 PM #4
Does the "reorganisation of Balloon leaders" thing need to be re-introduced? Im not sure if anything has been continued with this?
03-10-2013, 01:13 AM #5
Did this meeting happen? What were the outcomes?
Kinda mighta sorta spent my day playing BF4 :P
03-10-2013, 08:36 AM #6
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
I hopped on later (I'd been out viewing places to live) and despit ethe channel being full of people, was told that it hadn't happened.
I made dissaproving noises.
03-10-2013, 08:41 AM #7
its over, so I unsticked it.
03-10-2013, 09:51 AM #8
- Join Date
- Feb 2013
- Stockholm, Sweden
The topic was raised briefly, but then we got distracted by an alert, so in the end it didn't happen. :/
03-10-2013, 10:59 AM #9
I'm both disappointed that no one cared enough to make it happen and happy because i will be able to be there Hen it finally happens (a headache prevented me from being online yesterday)
03-10-2013, 06:10 PM #10
Can we reschedule? It's important to have one this month I think. I wasn't able to make it as my PC is out of action due to not having a CPU...
03-10-2013, 06:40 PM #11
And yes, we have to reschedule. Probably Next Wednesday. Not that I'm happy it will be delayed so long, but that would be a day where there are the most people while not being the important StratGir
Last edited by Ksempac; 03-10-2013 at 06:47 PM.
03-10-2013, 08:21 PM #12
03-10-2013, 11:52 PM #13
Again, does this need to be raised: "reorganisation of Balloon leaders"
04-10-2013, 12:12 PM #14
04-10-2013, 01:00 PM #15
04-10-2013, 01:22 PM #16
04-10-2013, 04:48 PM #17
05-10-2013, 11:39 PM #18
Just thought I should mention it since its been ages since the idea was suggested .
06-10-2013, 04:12 PM #19
What we need is the following:
- A bullet-point style list of "what it means to be a BL". The kind of shared responsibilities that we think the job should encompass. (So that it's no longer "was a good PL")
- A decision on a simple way of handing out the role that a) encourages volunteers and b) encourages people to suggest others as BL.
- Whether BLs can be given 'specialisations' such as the 'outfit project leads' thing I tried to get off the ground or whether 'project leads' should just be seperate.
- Finally, some kind of basic guidelines on what BL should mean to other outfit members. Something along the lines of it not being about authority, pre se, but a simple statement that these should be considered members of the outfit who put a lot of hard work into making the outfit run smoothly and should be afforded some respect on that basis.Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
07-10-2013, 06:16 PM #20
I want to introduce a new, controversial talking point for this meeting : Culling inactive members. I would suggest culling people who haven't played for 60 days (which is pretty large).
It's related to the outfit size discussion point, but i wanna raise the point so that people can think about it.
My reasoning is the following : The number of people playing are shrinking, but it seems to me that people haven't registered that fact. Unconsciously when we discuss/think about the outfit they still think/react as if we were a big outfit. I see that on several topics such as opportunities to play different styles (ex : TacGir, training,...), organizing events (silly mondays, zombies night, ...), need for leaders (what's the current "leader/members" ratio among active players ?), etc.
So that's why I'm proposing to cull the inactive members, so that people get a reality check on the current status of this outfit.
Last edited by Ksempac; 07-10-2013 at 07:28 PM.