Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IntKeys

Obscure Node

IntKeys

Ahem, since this is on RPS frontpage I'm dearly hoping it doesn't get censored. At the same time, I believe RPS would be against any kind of censorship, so...

I've seen an DeusEx ad from IntKeys at an absurdly low price on RPS front page. And well, I'd love to be able to buy the game like that, but since the price is so low I, of course, have my doubts about both the legitimacy of the webstore and the legality of the offer. Why would anyone obtain a product before/at launch at such low prices?

So, anyone has bought it? Does RPS somehow endorses it in anyway or RPS doesn't have direct control over the ads that appear here?
    Last edited by HeavyStorm; 24-08-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Activated Node
    I'm not sure about the legality here, but two answer your last question, IIRC the RPS ads are managed by eurogamer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I don't think there's a problem with selling keys, but similar sites in the past have been in trouble for either selling on stolen keys or bulk buying keys from places like Russia where they are cheaper. Not sure if the latter method is actually illegal or not, but I remember Steam taking issue with it when the Orange Box was released and blacklisting those keys.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    They're typically Asian keys, and definitely grey market. Not technically illegal, but the publisher isn't necessarily obliged to honor them outside their intended region.

The only recent incident I can recall, however, is when a bunch of Modern Warfare 2 keys were banned. Nothing else in the past few years. If you buy a DXHR key, it'll probably be fine. Just in case, use a credit card that lets you do chargebacks easily.

Quote Originally Posted by TillEulenspiegel View Post
    They're typically Asian keys, and definitely grey market. Not technically illegal, but the publisher isn't necessarily obliged to honor them outside their intended region.

The only recent incident I can recall, however, is when a bunch of Modern Warfare 2 keys were banned. Nothing else in the past few years. If you buy a DXHR key, it'll probably be fine. Just in case, use a credit card that lets you do chargebacks easily.
    I was wondering about these guys as well as my first reaction was also that it looks dodgy. Google turned up posts from the owner of IntKeys on steamunpowered and other places explaining what they do (e.g. this from January and they're still trading well by the looks of things). From what their guy says they are selling Russian/Eastern European retail box keys and sending people a scan/photo of the key from the box as proof it's legit. They seem to encourage user chat and feedback on the site and what people say is positive, for what that's worth anyway.

$18.50 for Witcher 2 though. Anyone here used them?
    Last edited by Colonel J; 25-08-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: broken link

Network Hub Gentleman Jim Stacey's Avatar
    Simine Fralinie's bookshop, east Canalworks, Vivec
    I just assume these sites are run by Triads or Russian mafia who hijack trucks of games and then sell the CD keys.

Obscure Node
    I might be new here and I know I really don't have any posts but I am telling the truth here.
    I bought a few games from them and they are really good and they do not scam.
    I've been helping them for a while now and they are really good, they even offered me a discount which I really didn't need.
    They are legit and will not scam the reason they have low prices is because they get their games from the supplier directly getting it for a much much cheaper price.
    I hope it helps you guys. If you need anything I'm on the live chat on their website.

Please oh please do not buy from intkeys they are absolute scam. Been over 4 days no key, no refund, countless otherpeople experiencing same issue, go check out their support chat, people constantly in there complaining. I just got banned from their chat simply for discussing my dissatisfaction with another customer. Buy from legit sources, stick to your gut, "If its to good to be true, it isn't true".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So far i've bought Witcher 2, Dirt 3 and Space Marine from them. Had the keys within 12 hours and they activated fine. Some of their games require you to use VPN to get them to activate so I tend to avoid buying those.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Most probably keys bought in Asia. I get PC games for less than 20$, where I live.

Banned
    I got my Witcher 2 key off eBay. 12. :D

EDIT: Which would be great and shit if the game would actually run. :|

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    BlackMac has been here for months and hasn't previously tried to pimp the service. badreligion signs up just to complain about their service. SephKing hasn't been here that long, but has a non-spammy post-history and likes their service.

And they seem to be vetted by Eurogamer. I'd lean towards them being alright.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

For some of the really cheap ones, you need a russian VPN to be able to activate the game.
    For skyrim it's even worse, you need a constant VPN connection to russia to be able to play the game...

Most games work fine though! :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You could just not connect to the internet while playing the game too.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by asskicker View Post
    For some of the really cheap ones, you need a russian VPN to be able to activate the game.
    For skyrim it's even worse, you need a constant VPN connection to russia to be able to play the game...
    Because that doesn't sound suspiscious, at all...

no, it doesnt sound suspicious. It just sounds like shoddy international sales laws.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ah, yes, I see what you mean there - all the more fun, then.

If intkeys is legit I must be their most unlucky customer in the history of the website. I literally bought the witcher 2 more than 3 days ago. Not only have I not received the key but now their support team is accusing me of trying to scam them. I tried for 2 days to be reasonable and see if I could actually get the key, then I gave up and asked for a refund. The support rep sent me an e-mail stating that pay-pal will always side with the seller when it comes to in-tangible items, so there was no point in me filing a dispute. Needles to say this only fueled the fire and i immediately filed a dispute, I now am waiting to the point where I can escalate the dispute to a claim.

I recently spoke with two pay-pal representatives, and unfortunately some of what the ass hole inkteys support rep said is true, but filing a claim will still leave a black mark on their record making it more likely that they face penalty. Another thing people can do if you get scammed is file a complaint at this site http://www.econsumer.gov/

Any ways even if I'm amongst the few people who this has occurred to, is it really worth the risk? If you think it is, then by all means go for it and buy from them. But don't be surprised if you end up in the same boat as me. So far I've paid for horrible customer support and threats.

And yes I did sign up to bash them, because Im convinced the majority of people within forums supporting them are associates or actually employees of intkeys. How about this for you skeptics, go to intkeys website spend 5 mins in their english support chat, and watch at how many people come in describing the same situation I'm in. And then read the responses these admins have, they are the most un-proffesional customer service reps in the history of any company I've dealt with. They also have no power in getting things done, they just tell you, "its coming" "we sent it" our "company is legit, and people who claim scam are rival competitors".
    Last edited by badreligion; 20-11-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Activated Node
    If you have to ask "is this legit/legal/allowed/fair/etc?" it probably isn't...

I don't think there's a problem with selling keys