Miller Event tonight 18:00 UTC

http://www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanet...event_tonight/

Looks to be an old style facility alert!

Event planning will be on the Miller TS. If anyone's up for participating I'll be on NC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Yeah I'll be there on NC if I can. I think it'll be king of the hill tbh.
    Steam: Cephas00 | Planetside 2: Cephas00(VS) - CephasTheSecond(NC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvornator View Post
    I love a woman who reminds me of a loading screen from a Spectrum game...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hah, for a second there I thought DGC had done something to spice up the strategic game. But nope, just the community being amazing as per usual.

*hrumpf*

---

Hope you guys all had fun in the event with my wrong directions and asking for medics to rep gens and all. I do know how this game works, but apparently that knowledge goes away as soon as I get squad lead.

Directions though, I'm just awful with all the time.

Thanks for all you chaps turning up and playing with us. NC won in the end with 21 of the total 24 points, so a pretty good win for us. It was also very nice seeing RTRS appearing on the bases we capped with the rest of the platoon there!
    Last edited by Vidi; 12-04-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Vidi, best night of PS2 in ages. Great fun.

Well done Traitors, we got stomped, but it was nice to see a friendly face behind the shotgun!

:-)

Stomped was one word for it. 50-55% NC population, 25-30% Vanu and about 20% TR. Whilst I personally managed to maintain a positive KDR, it was definitely frustrating to never get anywhere due to massive overpop. Still, it was pretty enjoyable, just wish there was some way to make things even.
    RPS Mumble Server [mumble.rockpapershotgun.com:64738]
    ServerAdmin

I think one of the issues was the the TR and VS groups weren't really informed of the event beforehand while our NC guy let us know around a week before. Though you know, I completely forgot to actually tell anyone when I found out...

Talk on ANCO was the VS guys didn't really want to involve DIG to prevent massive zerging but turned out us NC just zerged instead.

The alert didn't help too.

It was fun playing against you guys though - that Sundy fight around Hayd was amazing

Yeah Hayd was a highlight, which is weird as normally I hate that base with a passion. RPS was assigned to A point, and I think we did a pretty good job of holding what is normally a terrible location that usually ends in mass death to grenade spam and rockets.
    ServerAdmin

(Ninja'd)

Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    Still, it was pretty enjoyable, just wish there was some way to make things even.
    Trouble with community arranged events is you can't force people to join the fun.

I reckon the in game alert sucked the vanu pop in lets face it with so many people in KOTV and DIG if their leaders don't actively participate in something they'll suck away from VS general numbers - not their fault just an effect of them being so large and off doing something else. I gather DIG(T?) were on board for this but KOTV weren't? Where as ORBS for the NC were out in force for the event rather than the game alert meaning NC's big battalions came to Hossin where as VS's stayed away.

I had a lot of fun in places, not all the time, it's never fun losing! (And even less fun being shotgunned in the face by a CepheaMax!)

8/10 would play again! But better advertising and simpler objectives next time?

I was laughing SO much Grible when you ran through that door. I also enjoyed the gal joust we had. Managed to joust a VCBC gal for about 4 people as well. Ran over VS Flag whilst using the kazoo horn on my sundy right at the end. Magic.

I must thank you folks for an enjoyable afternoon/evening.

It was somewhat of a baptism of fire for me, my first time playing with RPS in over two years. Shame about the population imbalance, but I think we did pretty well considering, I had fun anyways.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    . Still, it was pretty enjoyable, just wish there was some way to make things even.
    Signups and jaeger.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Jaeger you say?

It would make things fun, I do agree.
    ServerAdmin

I had a lot of fun, I seem to remember stabbing a lot of traitors around a biolab gen, thanks to stalker cloaking. I really need to use the activateable knives more, they're great fun. I did miss the fun at Hayd because I had to remain cloaked on A point while the rest of you went gallivanting off killing sundies. I did kill 3 unsuspecting medics there though, so there's that.
    Steam: GornCaptain | Planetside 2: Gorncaptain | Elite dangerous: CMDR Douglas Richardson | Warframe: GaryTheHobo

"MLGSKILLSWAGKNIFENOHANDS'

Your name was yelled a couple of times from backstabbing incidents.

Best was when you asked for a darklight to find the stalker infil on A point at Hayd. Grible rolls in, turns out the infil was literally right next to you. SURPRISE!
    ServerAdmin