Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1063
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    TBH, we have been doing this anyway...

There are a few people who always do the driving, arty always pilots helis, one person usually is medic, unless we have to revive quickly and have some first aid.

Then, usually one person is engineer, one or two people LMG, one sniper or Marksman, and the others take either AA/AT or assault style roles.

This has kind of always happened to an extent, and even more so in the last 5-10 sessions we've done.
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yes, it has been happening organically, but you are possibly missing my point. I meant that for this to be less flexible would be a good challenge. And also for "high-tier" equipment to be less abundant, so that fights are more of a challenge. If not everyone can get a marksman scope, for instance, then navigating the terrain becomes more important. Stuff like that.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    If not everyone can get a marksman scope, for instance, then navigating the terrain becomes more important. Stuff like that.
    Thats exactly what I've done with this base that we have been using, only Marksman and Squad Leaders get long range scopes and Only JTAC and SL have binos. I completely agree with you in other words, there shouldn't be this constant rush for scopes ammo. Also the enemies use no scopes (preventing any scope looting) and the Spetsnaz weapons (while we use the NATO weapons), putting both side on even ground, I've also found away to remove the ridiculous damage model of Arma 3... (5 shots to kill someone... ...why Bohemia?... ...why?).
    Steam-[CpBt] LtArtorious
    Orgin-LtAtorious
    Uplay-LtArtorious

Helicopter don't simply fly, they beat the Air into submission.

Network Hub
    Doesn't Arma 3 base its damage model on body armor? Civilians go down pretty quickly compared to soldiers with armor.

Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    Doesn't Arma 3 base its damage model on body armor? Civilians go down pretty quickly compared to soldiers with armor.
    I'd suggest looking at bullet balistics tests, rounds like the 7.62x51 punch straight through armour, though the point could be made that armour in 2035 is alot more effective, however once again, rounds would be adapted to ignore it. On a final note even if they did not penetrate through, your going to have alot of cracked bones around the impact area, and your certainly not going to get up and start moving.
    Steam-[CpBt] LtArtorious
    Orgin-LtAtorious
    Uplay-LtArtorious

Helicopter don't simply fly, they beat the Air into submission.

Network Hub
    True enough. I was thinking about aiming at different parts of enemies to avoid hitting the armor and killing them quicker. I might be remembering wrongly, but I think that's a thing in Arma. A couple of months ago I had installed a mod to simulate the effects of being hit by a bullet, which simply made you go prone once hit. I've got it mostly because AI behaviour in the campaign got on my nerves and it kind of made the whole ordeal more enjoyable. (Yet I've still not completed one of the first missions where you assault a coastal city, I'm bad)

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yes, it has been happening organically, but you are possibly missing my point. I meant that for this to be less flexible would be a good challenge. And also for "high-tier" equipment to be less abundant, so that fights are more of a challenge. If not everyone can get a marksman scope, for instance, then navigating the terrain becomes more important. Stuff like that.
    I know, but that IS currently the case in the games weve been playing. I was marksman twice, and I had the same AR gun, but with an RCO.... no marksman rifle or sniper. If thats not a restriction, I dont know what is :P.

Okay, sorry. This is me being out of the loop then, because that was not the case last I played. Move along now, nothing to see here.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Yeah, no worries man. You should join in with us soon (assuming one of the guys with these limits hosts it) and see for yourself. There are unfortunately some bugs, like when I died, was revived and received a new kit entirely!

Activated Node
    I will no longer be able to host for the foreseeable future. A combination of work, an apparently big foot-to-ball competition and holidays means I do not have time anymore.

Also I can't be bothered with BTC revive bugs anymore. Until a better system comes along or the bugs are sorted I doubt I'll play Arma again. We've tried Farooq's Revive, BTC and XMedSys. All buggy.

Shame because I really enjoyed building and running that base defense scenario for you guys way back when.
    Last edited by Cetshwayo; 13-06-2014 at 12:53 AM.
    Steam = Roll Fizzlebeef
    Origin = Meatntwo
    Planetside 2/Arma 3/Mumble = Warscribe

Come on guys, we need somebody to host us a lovely game. Its been too long .

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Is anyone even playing this anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Is anyone even playing this anymore?
    I'd like to play some Arma 3 tonight if anyone is interested. Download a couple of missions from the workshop and fail hilariously perhaps. 19:30 BST / 20:30 CEST.

Who's with me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I can't play tonight. :/

Some other evening this week? Pretty much all of them should work for me.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    I can't play tonight. :/

Some other evening this week? Pretty much all of them should work for me.
    Same. I'm busy tonight, but if you play again before Friday I should be able to attend.

Also, YES PLEASE. I've been depressing myself watching ShackTac videos and reminiscing about how close I came to joining them. Interestingly, I ended up joining the Giraffes and playing PS2 instead .

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I'd love to but am afk (on holiday) this week.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Ditto, but it sounds really lovely! Was a long time since I played ArmA 3 for real. Or for lols, even.

There are pretty frequently groups of us that play the more silly things like battle royale, wasteland, altis life etc so you can always join, but this sounds good. Im always up for some proper arma.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 18-08-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    All evenings work for SirHoc. I can do all but Tuesday and Thursday. How about the rest of you?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    This week I'm away. Generally weekends will be best for me. I'm also quite keen on being pretty serious. There are tonnes of games for mucking around in but I think arma 3 is one of the better ones for seriousness. Also, no server side mods I'd say - if we have a good group it'll be fun without mods.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!