Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I might try and pop along. Anything specific I need mod wise?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    How about we go for Tuesday as an evening of vanilla Arma so no ACRE and no other mods that cause compatibility issues. There are some mods that people run all the time that, for example, change the HUD or something but those are client side so it shouldn't matter who's got what.

I personally want to play with ACRE some more so if we get another evening of Arma this week I'd be up for using ACRE then.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Maybe try to make wednesday ACRE night? Also, Wally, do you think you could fic one of your adverserials so we can use ACRE with it? It really seems like the mod would work well with a mission like that.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    Maybe try to make wednesday ACRE night? Also, Wally, do you think you could fic one of your adverserials so we can use ACRE with it? It really seems like the mod would work well with a mission like that.
    Already done. I have an ACRE and a non-ACRE version of my latest adversarial. I'll make another one when time allows (work is busy atm) and again have both versions. I also plan to develop the adversarials with some new mechanics. One involving video links and another which could perhaps involve radio masts acting as... radio masts. Thus it might be possible to use radios from different sides of a hill if you 'control' the radio mast. That will require some research, coding and experimentation though so don't hold your breath for it. One easy thing I plan to try is starting without radios and making them available as loot in some locations. That would add a certain challenge to the early game I feel.

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    TrooperWally making missions. Like a boss.

That sounds awesome! I'd love play an adversarial on wednesday with ACRE.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    TrooperWally making missions. Like a boss.

That sounds awesome! I'd love play an adversarial on wednesday with ACRE.
    The missions I'm making are very simple. You should be more impressed with the missions the others make, they require a lot more scripting, effort and thought. As for Wednesday, hopefully I'll make it but I can't promise. If I can't make it then I'm happy to email someone the mission file so long as it's not the debut, I don't want to miss the debut! So if we play it tomorrow then people can play again on Wednesday. I can even email the mission as its component files so someone can randomise the locations if I don't get time to do so. In fact, what I'll aim for is making an ACRE only variant of that mission this evening so people can play on Wednesday regardless.

Wally is now on Steam!

Activated Node
    Wednesday ACRE nights? I work evening on Wednesdays. Boo.

I'm... not keen on addons. my experiences with addons with other games have been decidedly negative. Think I'll skip all this because I seriously can't be arsed with faffing about with addons

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Just picked it up in the black friday amazon sales, so in a few days I can join in!

To avoid confusion: Tuesday will be vanilla Arma. This Wednesday will probably, be Arma with ACRE. That doesn't imply anything about future Wednesdays. Since our whole arrangements for playing Arma are totally ad hoc addons may or may not feature for any given session. Please can we try to just be clear when arranging an evening which (if any) addons it will use?

I can see the awesomeness of addons like ACRE but there is much awesomeness to be had just playing the game with friends and it's already got a barrier to entry resembling the Berlin Wall circa 1970 so we adding more barriers like addons is only going to discourage more people from joining. Hence I'm keen to see at least one night a week of vanilla Arma.

Wally is now on Steam!

Activated Node
    If only you'd swap Tuesday and Wednesday around as I do not care much for vanilla Arma.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm probably not gonna be online tonight before 9 - 10 pm CET, so don't wait for me if you're starting stuff. Even though I won't mind if you wait with adversarials until I on.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    When I join in, probably next week amazon delivery considering, id much prefer to join in with vanilla arma, at least for a while.

Well played blufor, you out played us. Good game. I really enjoyed myselfeven though I'm a bit gutted that we key you gain the upper hand.

Does anyone fancy making an adversarial mission? I'd love to play one that someone else makes so that I don't know all the secrets.

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, I've got a couple of ideas that I rather fancy turning into reality. I'll try to get something playable soonish. I won't spoil anything, of course.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, I had a blast last night. Our attack on the tower was really well done, and the timing was great as well. On a side note, I am currently undefeated when it comes to adversarials. I think I've gone 4 - 0 so far. Not that that's because of me, but still. :P

When are we starting tonight, btw? I should be on from about 8pm GMT/9pm CET.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Nice! I'm currently the opposite of undefeated I think, I've not won any of them. I think that means that next time you and I must be on the same side!

I'm not sure if/when I'll be on tonight. If I'm not going to be on does anyone want to have a mission to play? I've got the following available and am happy to email:

* Repeats of the hide, seek, destory missions on Stratis and Southern Altis. These come in ACRE and non-ACRE formats.
    * The NATO divers campaign mission. Non-ACRE.
    * The two training missions we've already tried. Non-ACRE.
    * A CQB training mission. Non-ACRE.
    * An assault on the Altis airfield playing as Opfor, co-8 (I think, may be co-10) . ACRE or non-ACRE.

Let me know if you'd like to have any of these.

Wally is now on Steam!

Given that tonight is most likely ACRE/Mod night I think I'll pass...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I'll submit and make an ACRE version of my sniper + distraction mission. If we have seven players, we can try that one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Nice! I'm currently the opposite of undefeated I think, I've not won any of them. I think that means that next time you and I must be on the same side!
    It's a plan!

I think adversials lend themselves especially good for using ACRE (since distance is more of an issue), so that sounds good. I also really want to test Lakroy's dual mission, it's about time.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc