Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    And speaking of mods:
    A3MP was released recently, allowing one to play all A2:CO maps in A3 without having to own any ArmA2 version. This is made possible thanks to BI being so kind as to release all ArmA2 assets to the community.
    Ok, I'd like to suggest that EVERYONE download this one. The reason being that if everyone has it then me and other mission makers can confidently put time into making missions with the new maps knowing that they will actually get played. It takes a long time to download because it's a huge amount of data but the faffing involved in genuinely tiny. I recommend you download the PlayWithSix software because that handles the mods for you. It's then literally a case of downloading, enabling the addon through the in game menu and restarting the game. It's about as easy as buying DLC, except free. The amount of content you're getting here is huge, and it's free. Please everyone get this addon!

In case you're still on the fence, here's what you get:

1. Chernarus - the map from DayZ. It's big and northern Europe feeling (seeing as how it's based on somewhere in the Czech republic).
    2. Takistan - moutainous, clearly inspired by Afghanistan.
    3. Utes - a small island, presumably from the Baltic because it's also northern European in terms of environment.
    4. Zargabad - a city in Takistan, good for CQC stuff.
    5. All the in game assets that come with those maps. So new outposts, tents, roadblocks, buildings, etc.

So, who's in?
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Downloading as we speak.

Also, cheers for the playwithsix tip! It seems superconvenient.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm in, although I havent ever shown up yet...
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Network Hub
    Just a note for anyone that plans to use freetrack. The 2.2 version makes arms 3 crash you need to use the the 2
    1.2 version. Something to do with drivers clashing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I have downloaded the pack using play.withsix. Seems to work fine.

ugh, mods. Think I'll leave you to it

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexla View Post
    Just a note for anyone that plans to use freetrack. The 2.2 version makes arms 3 crash you need to use the the 2
    1.2 version. Something to do with drivers clashing.
    Yeah, I had the same problem with freetrack. I didn't know what the problem was though, so I eventually decided to change to FaceTrackNoIR instead. It saved me a lot of trouble, since I didn't have to use LEDs and it was actually more responsive than freetrack. :P

@Dewi It's actually not a hassle at all if you use the play.withsix thing. You just find the mod you want, download it, put it in you "active mods" in the program and then start arma with the program. The effort needed for it is minimal and everything works fine.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    ugh, mods. Think I'll leave you to it
    @Dewi and anyone who thinks "ugh, mods" - this is basically just DLC and really easy to install. It looks like there are quite a few of us downloading this and it would be a shame if people ended up locked out of future sessions because they didn't have this downloaded. I'd say it's at least worth looking into before writing this one off.

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    I kinda agree with Dewi. Ive no issue with mods, but ive barely played the game unmodded yet, and id rather not fuck with stuff if I dont have to just yet. Get enough problems as it is with arma, being as messy as it is.

TBH, do we really want to be playing missions on the A2 maps? Ive had enough of them playing A2 :P.

Id be up for using mods at some point, just id rather we left it a while.

Downloading
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Network Hub
    God dam it! No sooner do i buy arms 3 it ends up on the steam sale!!?? Bloody typical! Merry Xmas! Oh and if your reading this and haven't already got arma 3, buy it. It's awesome!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexla View Post
    God dam it! No sooner do i buy arms 3 it ends up on the steam sale!!?? Bloody typical! Merry Xmas! Oh and if your reading this and haven't already got arma 3, buy it. It's awesome!
    And yet, they still havent reduced it on steam to the price I bought it! No doubt at some point they will though. 20 for the LE was pretty good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Just picked it up on the Steam sale, glad I waited a little longer! Look forward to the manshoots with you guys soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Just picked it up on the Steam sale, glad I waited a little longer! Look forward to the manshoots with you guys soon.
    Who said anything about shooting ? Arma 3 is about walking in the countryside. Also waiting. A lot.
    So manwalking and manwaiting only.

...sometimes you die.
    Last edited by Ksempac; 25-12-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    Who said anything about shooting ? Arma 3 is about walking in the countryside. Also waiting. A lot.
    So manwalk and manwaiting only.
    Or flying around in a helicopter like a fabulous bastard (before crashing horribly due to A) getting shot down, or B) trying to do some stupid maneuver).

Also, I only saw the last part of your post when I tried to quote you Ksem. Hidden easter egg? :P
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    Also, I only saw the last part of your post when I tried to quote you Ksem. Hidden easter egg? :P
    Concurrent edits

Does anyone have the 3D Editor thing working?
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    Does anyone have the 3D Editor thing working?
    Afaik there is none. There was one in A2 but it was more of an easter egg and not really useable.

Activated Node
    If you mean MCC realtime editor thing yea I have it working.

There is a 3D editor in Arma 3, I have tried it and got it working. Note, this is different to MCC realtime editor (and the other realtime editors). I think this is the tutorial I used to get it working:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OEfR7N8L0g

However, working in this context means that I could run it and edit stuff. Doesn't mean I found it useful. The main issue is that 3D editor files are saved in a different format to 2D (i.e. regular) editor files. I think it's possible to turn a 2D editor file into a 3D editor file but not the other way round (odd, I know. Seems like a one-to-many projection but I believe that's the way it works). Depending on what you're trying to do there may be more suitable ways of precision placing objects and people. I pasted a line a code a few pages back that's really useful. It uses the GetPos and SetPos commands.

Wally is now on Steam!