Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Yeah was really good In fairness we really shouldn't have gone that way after they took out the fuel truck!

Really would like to get some guys on the dynamic war system and try the mortar/sniper teams.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Awesome mission LaKroy! And well played all. Shame my game crashed before the end, though I was expecting there would be another hour or more to go which is why I didn't log back in. I'm gutted I didn't, sounds like an incredible finale!

With PS2 being DDOS'd at the moment I could be up for more Arma - #silverlinings!
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Network Hub
    I am up for more ARMA but with stratgir and double xp cant see getting many tonight.

Activated Node
    Maybe some Arma tonight or tomorrow evening?

Network Hub
    Probably cant do tonight. Tomorrow i can though. Anyone have a mission?

Since there are now quite a lot of new people playing I think we could probably stand to replay some missions that were created a while ago. I've got a few as do LaKroy, Nick, Eso and LtArtorious. If people fancy a classic hide, seek and destroy adversarial then let me know - I'm happy to shuffle the loot and spawns a bit even if I'm not around tomorrow night (not sure if I will be).

Also, quick update on the CCTV mission: that's still a little ways off (two weeks?). I've got a chunk of code that does what I want but I can't work out where the units are idenitified in the code. I need to suss that out before I can integrate it into a mission. Once I do though, it should be awesome. Lots of CCTV possibilities in missions! Imagine having one person essentially play an RTS game with loads of CCTV and UAVS to look at to help control the rest of the team. And of course all the PvP possibilities!

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Whens the next one happening then? Weirdly, the bits I liked the most was running from point to point shooting the shit. It's like planetside with 90% less combat and 1000% more pressure when the combat finally shows up. Also, at the time I didn't think I enjoyed fucking up my teams chances by taking all the important gear then being too stupid to realise I'd done it, but in hindsight it was just another anecdote to add.

TLDR Can we play tonight please I want to play again
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

I have a hostage rescue mission which I have been wanting to try for a while now, perhaps we could try that tonight or tommorow? Also I unpacked Dynamic Universal War System last night and added in the fast roping and helicopter lifting scripts. So anyone just ask if you want that and i'll send it to you.
    Steam-[CpBt] LtArtorious
    Orgin-LtAtorious
    Uplay-LtArtorious

Helicopter don't simply fly, they beat the Air into submission.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I will gladly join for more Arma tonight.

Yup, same here! How does 19:30 GMT sound?
    Last edited by NickWhite; 03-01-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

I'm in, though probably not from 19.30 - I'll probably only be able to join later. I'll just drop into mumble as early as I can and see where you're at. I'll happily wait around until the next map rotation.

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I should be onboard for 19:30. To celebrate, here's an action packed mod. Don't watch this if you have a heart condition or are sensitive to nonstop action.

Reddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/arma3/commen...fessional_way/

I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I should be onboard for 19:30. To celebrate, here's an action packed mod. Don't watch this if you have a heart condition or are sensitive to nonstop action.
    Ruddy hell! It's an early leak of Dear Esther 2.

I'd be tempted to turn up but due to "commitments" I'll be later than 1930 or not on at all. I'll not bore you with the details but it involves sewing.

I have only a very rudimentary knowledge of what button does what and I've not even managed to shoot anyone yet in the campaign. Is it acceptable to turn up late and then pester people with very basic questions or should I try to get a bit more familiar with how stuff works first? (Genuine question, I'm happy to be told to RTFM rather than muck up your enjoyment).

Quote Originally Posted by HexPen View Post
    I have only a very rudimentary knowledge of what button does what and I've not even managed to shoot anyone yet in the campaign. Is it acceptable to turn up late and then pester people with very basic questions or should I try to get a bit more familiar with how stuff works first? (Genuine question, I'm happy to be told to RTFM rather than muck up your enjoyment).
    You are of course welcome to join! We are happy to share the limited knowledge we have of this game.

Did anyone see the adversarial through to the end? I had a great time but had to go to bed before the end. Let's make sure we stay early next time we play one in stratis. It's also inspired me too get the cctv sorted soon.

Wally is now on Steam!

It was getting quite late, so we decided to meet up at Camp Rogain for a final showdown. We were meant to have a cease fire, but Opfor decided to storm the base, then Dewi shelled it killing everyone (friend and foe) in the process.

Did we agree it was a draw in the end?
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

It was a glorious ending. Since Dewi was the sole survivor, in the artillery tank, the victory must have gone to OPFOR, surely?

I don't think we agreed who actually won though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Safilpope View Post
    It was getting quite late, so we decided to meet up at Camp Rogain for a final showdown. We were meant to have a cease fire, but Opfor decided to storm the base, then Dewi shelled it killing everyone (friend and foe) in the process.

Did we agree it was a draw in the end?
    It was meant to be a ceasefire, but blufor decided to be sneaky and ambush us from the rocks, so we punished them.

Good news, I've sussed out the technical bits for implementing the CCTV stuff into an adversarial mission (note: I didn't do the clever stuff, credit to BangaBob for that). That means I just need to do a bit more object placement and stuff to make it all look nice and then we should be good for a game! To allow time for me to finish it off and test it how about we plan to play it on Tuesday? I'd offer sooner but I think I'm going to be busy tonight and tomorrow so won't have enough time for it. Whenever we play it I think we should start early. HSD missions on Stratis seem to take at least three hours so I'd rather we start before 20:00 GMT whenever we play.

Wally is now on Steam!

Tuesday 19:30 GMT? Works for me.