Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Considering we have something like 5 or 6 weeks till our first CCEU clash, and the amount I'm personally looking forward to playing/testing this; I think I will probably be joining you. I actually used to operate CCTV for a living at one stage, this will be very interesting to try out!
    Last edited by NickWhite; 05-01-2014 at 01:37 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    ...CCEU training. Forgot about that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Awesome, I'm looking forward to it Wally!

Just one thing though, isn't tuesday the first CCEU training in like... three weeks? I think I'm gonna prioritize that (even though I really, really want to play that adversarial) and I think others will do the same. So maybe play on wednesday instead?

Edit: So I didn't actually see the other messages (since I opened the tab some time ago and didn't look at it for a while, i.e. I was a dumbass). But I guess my suggestion still stands. :P
    Last edited by Sir Hoc; 05-01-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Ok, we could easily do Wednesday instead.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Will try to join again on Wednesday now that I have sent off my girlfriend back to Sweden and have more time to nerd away
    Also getting quiet sick of PS2. Again.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I won't join Tuesday, but neither will I Wednesday. This week is going to be bad for gaming...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Ok, looks like we're set for a proper Arma night on Wednesday, starting at 1930 GMT. If I get the chance I'll try to borrow someone to test that the CCTV works in multiplayer, either tonight or tomorrow. Should only take 5 mins.

Also, here's some useful editing stuff that I've found recently:

Kylania's website - if you've done enough editing you'll know who Kylania is. This site is where he (or she?) keeps all previous script examples it seems. Lots to play with.

Basic sqf scripting guide - linked from Kylania's site and looks long and useful though I've not read it yet. It refers to A2 but I'm guessing it all holds good for A3.

Load out editor - This is really useful stuff, I've tried it and it works well. It took a short while to become familiar with the interface but what you get here is a way of dragging and dropping and selecting from lists of actual names (with pictures!) what stuff you want your guys to have. It also makes it super easy to have stuff equipped or not and to put things in rucksacks. The code for doing each of these things is simple but it gets messy putting it all in the unit's init file not to mention confusing trying to keep track of what all the classnames mean. This makes it simple to do custom loadouts - no more men in pants (unless that's what you want...).

Live feed control - this is the script I've put into the hide, seek, destroy mission. The script works beautifully. If things do not work on Wednesday that is solely my fault. Credit to BangaBob for this awesomeness.

Wally is now on Steam!

So, how was that with the user side mods. Should we disable them?
    Currently running Community Base Addons, Digital Compass Bearing, Shacktac Fireteam HUD and Tao Folding Map
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    So, how was that with the user side mods. Should we disable them?
    Currently running Community Base Addons, Digital Compass Bearing, Shacktac Fireteam HUD and Tao Folding Map
    Not sure I follow your question.

I've heard (though would appreciate a source to confirm) that it lags the server if anyone is running different mods to the host. Even editor and single player only mods would lag it apparently. I think until we have that confirmed people might as well run whatever client side mods they like. If we see significant lag ourselves then we will have confirmed the suspicion and we can get everyone to switch them off.

If you were querying the thing I linked those are all scripting resources so there's no installation to worry about and lag only comes into it if it puts too much load on the host.

Wally is now on Steam!

Nah, was refering to the lagging the server thing because this was mentioned during some other Arma sessions.
    -remove spaces-

Network Hub
    I have just completed a mission to what i hope is reasonable standard.... Hopefully we can try it out one day
    "Tread Softly and Carry a Big Gun."

PS 2 - Drexla
    Steam - Drexla
    BattleNet - Drexla#2236
    Origin ​- Garveyc
    Wildstar - Drexla

Network Hub
    Hey raffes, with the new release of the F3 framework for making missions Fer put together a tutorial on making a simple mission using F3. It is stupidly straightforward and would be perfect for someone that feels a bit intimidated by the editor but wants to learn and can be found here:

http://ferstaberinde.com/f3/en//inde...rative_Mission

I know you guys like to use revive which isn't in F3 but you can always add it in, means you get markers for FT members on map and groups, a snazzy new spectator script, join group options and a few other bits and pieces.

It might be of help to you anyway, you know where to find us if you would like to ask questions on mission making. Can't have Wolf getting bored now. You can always pop on our server outside of session times to try a few of our missions too.
    www.folkarps.com - The resident Arma community. Admin.
    BF4 Platoon admin
    Steam: Bodge
    Battlelog/Skype: Bodgemonkey

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Wally:

It's also a good idea to browse the functions provided by BI. Some of them are very useful. This guy made a list and I created a library with my own functions to complement the BIS ones. For example this includes functions to get AI to enter & guard buildings or take position overlooking a road to ambush it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodge View Post
    Hey raffes, with the new release of the F3 framework for making missions Fer put together a tutorial on making a simple mission using F3.
    Cheers, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Drexla View Post
    I have just completed a mission to what i hope is reasonable standard.... Hopefully we can try it out one day
    Absolutely, looking forward to giving it a go.

Activated Node
    For those who played the Patrol Ops 3.0 Mission yesterday and the day before, I figured out how to remove the vehicle restrictions. No more requiring someone to be assigned the "Pilot" role to fly or drive.

@wolfenswan and bodge - Thanks for the links, they look super useful. I'll definitely have a go with them.

@drexla - cool, I'm looking forward to paying your mission though fearful that I may miss it as I'm on holiday next week.

Wally is now on Steam!

Just a quick reminder that the Arma'd giraffes will be gathering in mumble this evening to play the adversarial from 1930 GMT. The adversarial now has CCTV and following a quick test with Drexla and LaKroy yesterday (thanks both of you!) we know that it works. I'd love it if we could have everyone that wants to play join in from the start because these adversarials are slow burners and whilst JIP is possible it'll mean you start on your own in a hostile map which obviously is not ideal.

So, anyone interested:

19.30 GMT this evening
    Arma 3 mumble channel
    Can cater for up to 20 people

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I am, once again, busy tonight. Seems I am destined to miss out on all the ArmA action nowadays.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I am, once again, busy tonight. Seems I am destined to miss out on all the ArmA action nowadays.
    That's a real pity. Let's make sure we schedule one you definitely can do in the near future.

Wally is now on Steam!