Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast
    The important thing to remember about FA is that we're not a community that you have to 'join' (and there certainly aren't any applications, tests, training or attendance requirements). Instead, we run regular sessions that are open to anyone - all we ask is that you read the threads flagged on our home page, and co-operate with any instructions from Party officials (the hosts).

If you fancy joining us on a Sunday or Tuesday (or even Friday), you're always welcome. However, I don't think we'd want to dissuade you from running your own sessions too - and we certainly don't subscribe to the 'zero sum' game when it comes to where people play. There's nothing inherently better about playing with 60 players compared to 6 - they're different experiences, and each can be great in its own way. If you have an opportunity to play several different styles of ArmA in any given week, that's a good thing!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Finally! I hope that it will mean mission making and scenario creation is a lot easier! Who's up fit trying it out?
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    Finally! I hope that it will mean mission making and scenario creation is a lot easier! Who's up fit trying it out?
    Wohoo! Now we can all become dungeon masters! I definitely want to try Zeus.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    I hope that it will mean mission making and scenario creation is a lot easier!
    Not really as you can't save the stuff you've placed in any way :/ Though I know someone's working on an "export" script.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Not really as you can't save the stuff you've placed in any way :/ Though I know someone's working on an "export" script.
    Yeah i know, i mean in terms of "on the fly" stuff.

Essentially it would cut out any of the hassle (and sometimes) annoyance of making or saving, giving the author a real time mission making toolkit.

Activated Node
    Art, Bendo, Tom and myself played two missions with MCC yesterday. Generatored two random missions which ended up being tons of fun. Today I saw there is a new version out for MCC which I gave a whirl. For making missions on the fly I think at the moment it is far superior compared to Zeus. That might change in the future so we shall see.

Everything was generated from objectives, location, troops and even the briefing and mission name! For the second run I then tweaked and added things while the mission was on-going. I enjoyed it. I added stuff based on what our plans were. For example, I added some patrolling troops closer to what our LZ ended up being. Also, since we would take a boat to our insertion point I added those to some docks en-route which Art mistakenly thought were enemies. I added another one closer to our LZ and we used that instead.

It was a ton of fun. Can't wait to do more stuff with the improved version of MCC.

EDIT - MCC comes in two varieties. A mod or a map specific mission. We used the Altis mission.

Network Hub
    I fully support any endeavor that brings this back. I respect that it took a lot of time for our dedicated mission-makers, but I do miss the ArmA 3 outings.

Network Hub
    ArmA 3 became a no-no for me over winter due to lack of time, rather than motivation, but now spring is here my work becomes more sane again which means I should be able to devote the whole evenings needed once more.

I for one was a big fan of it all, even the comical bugs or hours of it being effectively Hillwalking Simulator 3.0. The more coordinated missions that worked, and above all the few adversarials I was part of, were some of the best gaming experiences I've had.

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    im all up for more splinter cell shit. ARTY!
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

Lesser Hivemind Node WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Right let's do this. When do people want to play and what sort of mission do you want?

Also, I'd love to join our community up with folkARPS a bit more. I know some people play with folkARPS fairly regularly now which is cool. If anyone wants to invite folkARPS people in then go for it. If we run into technical trouble with server limitations on numbers we could always ask nicely about borrowing their server for an evening that they're not using it. I meant to get into folkARPS more myself but CCEU really sucked me back into PS2, perhaps now is the time to re-balance.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

If you guys have a spot open for someone completely new at ARMA3, I'd like to join in if possible

Actually, anyone know of a good tutorial to go through to learn all the bits and pieces of ARMA? I've gone through the shooting ranges so I know how to move and shoot, but that's about it - an early attempt of going through the campaign just left me confused and very dead.
    Last edited by Vidi; 13-04-2014 at 01:06 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Dslycxi's Guide is very in-depth. But most important is awareness. Know where you are, were enemies should be and make sure they can't be where they shouldn't be (i.e. cover sectors). Stick with your friends and communicate.

Today is Sunday, so FolkARPS is having their regular session in the evening. It's a friendly environment with some rules that are easy to follow (use the correct Teamspeak and in-game channels, do not talk during slotting and planning, use in-game comms for your fire team rather than Teamspeak, follow orders). Information is available here and it's a good way to experience Arma 3.

Activated Node
    I will be running an MCC session Tuesday evening 21:00 CEST.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Cetshwayo View Post
    I will be running an MCC session Tuesday evening 21:00 CEST.
    Awww, I'd like to join, but there's gonna be a training/scrim between RPS and RTRS then. So I'm prioritizing that. But I hope you have fun!!
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Houston, we have lift-off.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    im all up for more splinter cell shit. ARTY!
    Hehe, don't worry Paul I have something up my Arma sleeve that I think you're going to love. In the mean time (as Cetshwayo said) there is many MANY funs to be had with MCC (Zeus really can't compete). Though I worry about the date and time of your planned session Cetsh, mainly because of the fact that it clashes with the weekly Folk ARPS session, perhaps a better time might be the day after?
    Steam-[CpBt] LtArtorious
    Orgin-LtAtorious
    Uplay-LtArtorious

Helicopter don't simply fly, they beat the Air into submission.