Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    all gifs must die (actually, I dont dislike them that much, but I dont like them in a more or less serious discussion.)

:D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Its weird but my sig is set to minimum size, but on my cell it still looks the same size as everything else. Considering removing that stuff again.
    Personally I don't mind it, really.

I probably would run scared from a forum where everyone is doing it, but if is two people, It dont care.
    Last edited by Tei; 26-08-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Its weird but my sig is set to minimum size, but on my cell it still looks the same size as everything else. Considering removing that stuff again.
    At least it's all in small print in my normal web browser. Kadayi's sig, on the other hand... :D
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    At least it's all in small print in my normal web browser. Kadayi's sig, on the other hand... :D
    You know you could always just ask? I'm only a PM away after all.

Edit: There two lines less and smaller font. No biggie.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 26-08-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    That "ethical corruption" thing is spread out over four different threads at the moment, which is a bit much.
    But please don't delete anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    That "ethical corruption" thing is spread out over four different threads at the moment, which is a bit much.
    But please don't delete anything.
    List please.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    PC gaming
    Rock Paper Squelch
    Da truth
    And the RPS feedback thread.

So yeah.

ok, locked the squelch thread, the rest can stay.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    all gifs must die (actually, I dont dislike them that much, but I dont like them in a more or less serious discussion.)
    YES!

WebM's are the superior choice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    YES!

WebM's are the superior choice.
    I'm not sure if webm works here tbh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    The problem with small print in sigs is that the linespace remains the same. Can't we just edit the HTML directly?
    And by "us" I mean a mod or Jams?
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    The problem with small print in sigs is that the linespace remains the same. Can't we just edit the HTML directly?
    And by "us" I mean a mod or Jams?
    I set the lines individually. I've adjusted it to the group. I believe that's shorter. Once again though I marvel at why people have never bothered to PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I set the lines individually. I've adjusted it to the group. I believe that's shorter. Once again though I marvel at why people have never bothered to PM me.
    Probably because it's not really annoying enough to warrant a PM, but since the topic had already been brought up...
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

hosting a workshop on the weekend, I will be too busy to do anything RPS forum related. see you all on monday.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Regarding todays S.EXE column, I agree that some moderation is needed to sort out those upon the internet who thrive on conflict, but to refuse comments outright is testament to "You WILL NOT argue this".

I personally do not care for personal lives of anyone I have not met in real life, I'm here to read, discuss and talk about games. This may be a platform for some to further an agenda on both sides, yet it also disables a lot of us from having an intelligent discussion regarding ANY issue. What's next? John Walker (Whom I met very briefly during Rezzed and seemed perfectly lovely considering I was a stranger to him) declaring that "None but those with green skin and seven toes on each foot can post comments"?

Granted, the topic was perfect flame bait for the depths of the webz, but at the same time it didn't come across as much more than a "Fuck you, you're reading this without argument".

RPS is a site of PC Gaming, NOT Social Justice (Which will never happen while there are humans)
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MadJax View Post
    Regarding todays S.EXE column, I agree that some moderation is needed to sort out those upon the internet who thrive on conflict, but to refuse comments outright is testament to "You WILL NOT argue this".

I personally do not care for personal lives of anyone I have not met in real life, I'm here to read, discuss and talk about games. This may be a platform for some to further an agenda on both sides, yet it also disables a lot of us from having an intelligent discussion regarding ANY issue. What's next? John Walker (Whom I met very briefly during Rezzed and seemed perfectly lovely considering I was a stranger to him) declaring that "None but those with green skin and seven toes on each foot can post comments"?

Granted, the topic was perfect flame bait for the depths of the webz, but at the same time it didn't come across as much more than a "Fuck you, you're reading this without argument".

RPS is a site of PC Gaming, NOT Social Justice (Which will never happen while there are humans)
    Disappointing to see Cara decide to deploy her article as yet other comments off bludgeon for 'justice' for sure. At this point in time it's becoming somewhat farcical. I think if you're going to be a writer in any field and you're putting your opinions out there into the public arena then you should be prepared to be taken to account on them by the public at the source. I question the validity of the defence of comments off as pretty much everyone who uses them has a twitter account, but as has been demonstrated on innumerable occasions the limitations of twitter make it unsuitable to take to task issues that may have been raised. Comments off has never been about 'protecting the conversation' It's been about putting ones opinions beyond direct criticism.

Given a lot of the bizarre warblings that seem to be coming from various members in the gaming press over the last couple of days with articles by various 'luminaries' decrying gamers and what they perceive as gamer culture (which seems to consist almost entirely of negative stereotypes) I can only surmise that there's some seven stages of grief thing going on as they're attempting to process that the gaming public aren't that interested in sitting down and shutting up this time.

Personally I long since stopped supporting RPS via subscription as the tone of the site has headed more and more into the realms of the accusatory and recently have have started using ad block on site. I can't say I particularly enjoy doing so as there are some good articles still written by people and I like to financially support sites (I sub to both GB and Tested for instance), but in all good conscience I'm not down with the idea of paying people either directly or indirectly who basically denigrate their readership with alarming regularity. If there's a change of direction in terms of the journalistic quality of certain articles, open comments and less generalization regarding the audience I'll review that present stance, but in truth I'm not expecting a sea change any time soon.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 30-08-2014 at 08:16 AM.

We are going to talk about what we like. [...] Comments Off
    Comedy gold.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Comedy gold.
    Rab Florences Max Temkin article was suitably ironic also with the whole 'lets have a conversation about this' Comments Off.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by MadJax View Post
    Granted, the topic was perfect flame bait for the depths of the webzns
    And that's it in a nutshell. Cara evidently didn't feel like dealing with the garbage her post would inevitably stir up, and she doesn't have to. RPS is not obliged to provide a venue for comments, and nor is it obliged to meet other's expectations of what the site should and shouldn't be covering. The belief to the contrary demonstrates an entitlement complex run amok.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    And that's it in a nutshell. Cara evidently didn't feel like dealing with the garbage her post would inevitably stir up, and she doesn't have to. RPS is not obliged to provide a venue for comments, and nor is it obliged to meet other's expectations of what the site should and shouldn't be covering. The belief to the contrary demonstrates an entitlement complex run amok.
    She could of just opted not to comment about recent events and just posted about the game instead with comments unlocked. That way people could discuss the game. I'm sure the game maker would of preferred that.