Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Rock Paper Terraria: New 1.2 Server

IP: 83.46.255.28
    Port: 7777
    Pass: Send zanchito a PM for the server password

many many thanks to zanchito!

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    When you log in, join the red team so we can all see each other.
    Server is set up. Here's how it works:

- We're using Tshock as a server. It is regular Terraria with some expanded commands for administrators.
    - There are 3 types of users: mods, bears and guests

* guests cannot build or destroy anything, can only explore
    * bears are regular players
    * mods are regular players that can also mute, kick and ban players

Bears:
    - Once a mod has created your account, please do /login YOUR_USERNAME YOUR_ASSIGNED_PASSWORD
    - After logging in, please do /password YOUR_ASSIGNED_PASSWORD A_NEW_PASSWORD
    - You're set!

Mods:
    - If you want to promote a guest to bear status, please do /user add USERNAME USER_PASSWORD bears (I recommend using the user name as the password, i.e. /user add Player1 Player1 bears)
    - Whisper the guest user with /w GUEST_USERNAME you can login now!
    - Please remind them to change their password inmediately after logging in.
    - If you have to kick, ban or mute anyone, just do /kick USERNAME , /ban USERNAME (or /banip IP_ADDRESS) and /mute USERNAME
    - You can force a world save with /save
    - If someone wants mod status, please contact me, it's no big deal, but I'd rather do those myself.

I'll set up a backup system for every 30 mins and 48 hours of history (have to do the math on disk size, but that should cover any unexpected problems even through weekends.)
    - Only fresh new characters are allowed.
    - Only allowed equipment and items are the starting gear and what you find and craft in the map. In particular, no equipment or building blocks from other maps or guests. It's fine to ask other registered players for hand me downs or complimentary items / blocks, or use the public chests within reason (leave stuff for other players too!).
    - Respect other people's chests and buildings.
    - Remember you can always do /help and /rules.
    - We're on a fast map rotation, don't build anything too fancy outside the base, it'll get lost on map change. Building inside the base is fine, but be sure to leave room for others. Exceptionally, it is possible to build right next to the base if you want your house ported, but remember to post about it so I know it's not just a random house.

We also have special housing protection permissions (don't count on people using them, just because something isn't protected doesn't mean it's not owned) here:

http://tshock.co/xf/index.php?threads/1-14-housingdistricts.2266/

and chest protection permissiones here (again, just because a chest is not protected, don't assume it's free for looting, if it's inside someone's house. Chests inside the upper half of the starbase are public by default, though):

http://tshock.co/xf/index.php?thread...e-chests.1435/

All the related commands can be accessed with /help in-game.

Also, server updated to latest version. First thing I do in the morning, along with some coffee.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 10-10-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: new ip
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Server should be up 24/7, free build, we're starting new characters. Will look into doing some joined events every now and then (for bosses and such).

Server IP: 83.46.255.28

- We're using Tshock as a server. It is regular Terraria with some expanded commands for administrators.
    - There are 3 types of users: mods, bears and guests

* guests cannot build or destroy anything, can only explore
    * bears are regular players
    * mods are regular players that can also mute, kick and ban players

Bears:
    - Once a mod has created your account, please do /login YOUR_USERNAME YOUR_ASSIGNED_PASSWORD
    - After logging in, please do /password YOUR_ASSIGNED_PASSWORD A_NEW_PASSWORD
    - You're set!

Mods:
    - If you want to promote a guest to bear status, please do /user add USERNAME USER_PASSWORD bears (I recommend using the user name as the password, i.e. /user add Player1 Player1 bears)
    - Whisper the guest user with /w GUEST_USERNAME you can login now!
    - Please remind them to change their password inmediately after logging in.
    - If you have to kick, ban or mute anyone, just do /kick USERNAME , /ban USERNAME (or /banip IP_ADDRESS) and /mute USERNAME
    - You can force a world save with /save
    - If someone wants mod status, please contact me, it's no big deal, but I'd rather do those myself.
    Last edited by zanchito; 03-10-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Nice! Wouldn't mind trying out Terraria again so might hop on for a bit later.

I'm loving this update. Jumped on for an hour or so just now. met up with some people and made a base of operations with Hells. Hoping no one mines all the shinies from under it! "GERROOF MOI LAAAAAND".

I'll def be back on when I can. I'll ask Nullkigan for a channel or two on the Community Mumble Server. Could be a lot of fun!

Hah hah, logged in this morning and saw all the stuff you guys added to the server, awesome! I really like the "organicity" of how living areas develop, it's changed, but you can still tell it's the same place.

We started with a burrow hole in the ground packed with dirt and now we have a hall of the dwarven kings with a disco and all, bubble machines, a tree house and glowing zombie mushrooms raining from the sky. Awesome!

Oh god, there are spiders with functional spider webs now? That hellevator is a deathtrap!

Found the altar of the chaos gods, really simple but very cool decoration!
    Last edited by zanchito; 03-10-2013 at 07:56 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Spider webs where in the game before, just never had spiders in them.

I'm tempted to try the community server. I'm just terrified of someone coming along with a million bombs and wrecking it all.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Spider webs where in the game before, just never had spiders in them.

I'm tempted to try the community server. I'm just terrified of someone coming along with a million bombs and wrecking it all.
    thats why you generally dont go for ultra expensive stuff, and maybe keep a "homeworld"?

Either way, the community so far was pretty excellent. Im sure that if you leave a sign up, you can atleast let people know that this is yours and keep off and so on.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I'd recommend you some mandala work then. ;) Can't live terrified of the possibility of losing what you have, or you'll never enjoy yourself while you still have it.

RPS: gaming and cheap philosophy melded in a choctastic explosion of taste.

Power failure at home. The world is saved, it's on a system with a battery, but the router changed IPs. I'll update the second post if it happens again.

New IP: 83.46.255.28
    Last edited by zanchito; 03-10-2013 at 09:25 AM.

RPS: gaming and cheap philosophy melded in a choctastic explosion of taste.
    Death by chocolate.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

new IP

- Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Guy called NIGGASHARK just came on the server and blew up everything with bombs about 3:30PM. You might want to do a rollback.

Okay, guys, restored a save from 15 minutes before the attack. You can log in and check if everything's right, in the meantime I'll look into installing some control mods. Fo' shame.

Okay, guys, restored a save from 15 minutes before the attack. You can log in and check if everything's right, in the meantime I'll look into installing some control mods. Fo' shame.

I dunno if you want to take a leaf out of the MC guys book and whitelist for building, but still allow anyone to connect and walk about (dunno if you can even do that with terraria) itd require people to request access on the forums, meaning a mod would have to be about to allow them in. Its extra work, and doesnt follow the community spirit that wed like, but it does help limit asshats like that access and make bans/rollback easier

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    I dunno if you want to take a leaf out of the MC guys book and whitelist for building, but still allow anyone to connect and walk about (dunno if you can even do that with terraria) itd require people to request access on the forums, meaning a mod would have to be about to allow them in. Its extra work, and doesnt follow the community spirit that wed like, but it does help limit asshats like that access and make bans/rollback easier
    Isn't the issue more that anyone can connect after coming in from a game where they made 9999 sticks of dynamite and just go to town?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Okay, Tshock installed, free to log in. Be wary there might be some issues:
    - During the next hour due to me setting different configurations, might cause server reboots.
    - During normal gameplay due to TShock for Terraria 1.2.0.1 having some bugs

Will post more info on the final server settings when I complete the operation.

Much appreciated for the quick fix.

Cactus rooms, mushroom rooms, oh my!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    What is Tshock?

It's a modded dedicated server with additional commands and options. Mostly for setting up control groups, admins, tiered users and such. It's mostly transparent to the players and it seems to work quite well.

Can't thank Zanchito enough for setting this up. Where would you like any donations for running this to go? More than happy to chip in!