Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Yes, it happens particularly often with Skeletron and jetpacks. Haven't been able to find what parameter governs this behaviour, so I can't give you a fix other that logging in again, which is really a nuisance and can end the battle prematurely.

Aye no worries, just wondered on the cause. Was guessing it was my insta regain of health.

Another minor hitch: Currently paint is unusable, giving the message "you do not have permission to build".

Fixed paint permissions, thanks for the warning.

Aces, cheers. Done me some building. Come on people, show off your grand erectio..err builds!

There could be an event for the halloween update. I'm really expecting a strong nerf to Spectre, possibly Magnet Sphere (MS should straight-up gulp up to 1/4 of your mana tbh for the number of attacks a well-placed cast can do). I've actually switched to ranged Chloro as it was practically god-mode. Also, rumours of a new (possibly eclipse/lunar related) boss!
    Last edited by Memph; 23-10-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Server just went down during Pumpkin Moon :[

Loving this Halloweeen update. The costumes are excellent. I am an Alien!
    Also the robot one is ace - his little arms outstretched when he runs - so cute!

That would be my doing. Because I asked you not to summon the PM at spawn (which you still did), because that leads to the death of everything and usually a lot of stuff getting trashed (which was what was happening). Boss arenas exist and are built for the very purpose of easy navigation and avoiding NPC genocide.

That's harsh, as they repop at morning anyway. And I didn't summon :p

edit: and isn't the event an invasion? Invasions head straight for main NPC spawn, there's no avoiding it far as i'm aware.
    Last edited by Memph; 26-10-2013 at 07:46 PM.

It's more like the Blood Moon/Solar Eclipse. They won't appear at spawn if you're not there. And some of the NPCs have a 2% chance to spawn/respawn at morning, which is more than a hassle.
    Last edited by Revolving Ocelot; 26-10-2013 at 07:50 PM.

If it works like the goblins then you have to be at spawn to fight them, else you only meet stragglers on their way there. Anyhoo, we don't know yet though as we haven't done it.

edit: if it works like an eclipse then basement farm ftw. Should work a charm if they don't go through walls much.

Get the server back up then please, there's no need for the iron fist malarkey shutting the whole game down on a Saturday night :/ I now can't play, despite not even being the infractor. I was still distributing pots when the summon was done.
    Last edited by Memph; 26-10-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Wave 15 is buggered and comes back every night at the start. Don't login during night unless you want approximately 20 angry trees with 12k health and 100 melee damage spawncamping you.

Absolutely bonkers. Sadjkl found a way to stay alive, although it requires vampire knives and a lot of frantic flying up and falling back down. The P-King's scythes appear to miss you if you stay directly beneath/over him.

I've updated the server:

- Pumpkin moon should be fixed (unchecked)
    - Raised MaxDamage values from 175 to 300
    - Raised some other limits, I hope they help with Skeletron fights
    - Reduced monster quantity by 25%

I've also uploaded a copy of the map here, as per Memph's request. As always, if you want it, download it now, as it won't be available forever: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ent%20Digs.zip

Cheers!

Great stuff.

Was the monster spawn above normal? It only really seemed off round about the time the PM borked, when my raven was going 10 KPS outside my base.

Also, does the max damage apply to crits? I somehow fear 300 is still a tad too low especially when I'm reading how an appropriately buffed Shroomite sniperer can hit for nigh-on 1k.
    Although i'm fairly certain there's some cheeky inventory editing going on (legendary boomerangs? impossible - you know who you are and I say tsk, tsk), having the cap does put the knackers on such funtimes as emblem stacking to tear a Destroyer down with the Pally Hammer. Add in pots and most build-testing shenanigans are right out the window. I've been wondering for some time now (since lizhard temple gear) why certain weapons, even under normal circumstances were freezing me and getting me killed. Some crazy dps can apparently be achieved in some quite kosher ways :] I shall indeed test it and report back.

Thanks for the update! And the map!

Following a brief test slapping bats around, the cap seems fine. Tried chloro/frost/hallow armour combo, fire gaunt, warrior, destroyer and avenger emblems (all menacing), with ichor flask and no freezes. White damage in the early 200's on average. Crits are way above, but not affected by it - guessing that's a seperate cap, no issues all the same. Can't speak for magic yet. As for snipers, as if I'll ever see one drop :[
    Last edited by Memph; 27-10-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Memph View Post
    edit: if it works like an eclipse then basement farm ftw. Should work a charm if they don't go through walls much.
    I would like a cold pint and some sauce to go with these here words

Had a double event of pirates and an eclipse. Blimey!

Of course I would log out right before an eclipse.

My frost castle's still coming along. FINALLY got a Sniper Rifle drop! No luck with The Axe though, despite twenty-odd Plantera kills. However did get lucky with an Uzi and I'm stocked on Chloro to give Shroomite a whirl at last. I shall then be after a Jungle key for some Piranha-gun fun.

Tim and I did some homebase rennovations - NPCS should be a little more secure from mobs. Lava traps added for good measure.

Next patch due soon. More(!) Halloween items that should be available but currently aren't. More(!) accessories to craft.

Working patch notes as follows:

Bug Fixes:

• You can no longer see enemy players on the map during PvP
    • Jack ‘O Lanterns no longer show up as Chandeliers on the map
    • Costumed Zombies will no longer open doors on non bloodmoon nights
    • Costumed Demon Eyes will now correctly leave at night
    • Rifle Scope now works with Candy Corn Rifle and Stake Launcher
    • Rifle Scope no longer zooms when moused over interactable objects
    • Added save file validation before overwriting previous worlds (to prevent file corruption)
    • Fixed a bug that was causing monsters to only show one debuff on multiplayer
    • Changed the requirement for the demolitionist to sell land mines to defeating Plantera
    • Fixed a bug that could cause aggro reduction to not work correctly
    • Skeletron now spawns on the Clothier when using a Clothier Voodoo Doll
    • Flame and Frozen wings now fade when stealthed
    • Monsters that transform now correctly keep their debuffs
    • Ice Staff will now trigger Spectre’s set bonus
    • Actuators no longer work on doors
    • You can no longer teleport into the jungle temple
    • Added some checks to ensure multiple NPCs of the same type don’t spawn
    • Improved tile handling performance (Thanks Solsund!)
    • Bat Hook now correctly drops from Goodie Bags
    • Witch Doctor now correctly sells cauldrons during Halloween
    • You can now correctly step up all types of platforms
    • Opening a chest can no longer grab items from it automatically on a small screen
    • Water Fountains are now sold after defeating Plantera

Changes:

• Using the Rod of Discord now gives a debuff that takes life when it’s used again
    • There is now a buff icon for campfire and water candle
    • Plantera now enrages when taken out of the Jungle or to the surface
    • The Destroyer is now immune to all debuffs
    • Some enemies will no longer chase players depending on level of stealth and distance
    • Shroomite Armor no longer loses stealth when using items
    • Critical Strike increase on accessory reforges have been doubled
    • Tabi and Master Ninja gear now bring the player to full speed instead of stopping
    • Piranha Gun now hits monsters more times per second

New Items:

• Heart Lanterns are now craftable out of Life Crystals

• Sniper Scope is now craftable at the Tinkerer’s Workshop
    • Sparkfrost Boots are now craftable at the Tinkerer’s Workshop
    • Jellyfish Diving Gear is now craftable at the Tinkerer’s Workshop
    • Arctic Diving Gear is now craftable at the Tinkerer’s Workshop
    • Fart in a Balloon is now craftable at the Tinkerer’s Workshop
    • Papyrus Scarab is now craftable at the Tinkerer’s Workshop
    • Celestial Stone is now craftable at the Tinkerer’s Workshop

source: https://twitter.com/cennxx/status/395663815129325569
    Last edited by Memph; 31-10-2013 at 11:00 AM.