Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

岩、紙、ばんざい!(Rock, paper, BANZAI!) - Rising Storm

Edit because free crap:
    Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is free if you grab it on the 23 / 04 / 2014 (apparently)

Since beta keys are flying about and lots of people are jumping on board to see what the fuss is, I wonder if we should try and get some form of ROCKPAPER STORMINGANATION going? Despite being a beta of forms I'd say RS is way more stable then RO2 was in its first half year of life, plus most things seem pretty balanced.

So what say you, people of forumland? Shall we for the Emperor, or for APPLE PIES?
    Last edited by Scumbag; 22-04-2014 at 11:40 PM.

Activated Node
    I'm up for bayoneting American dogs anytime, or flamethrower-ing Imperal swine. Just send me an invite on steam or something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    This is something that interests me, do you think as someone with limited experience with RO2, I'd just get killed a lot though?
    steam: sketch

I recommend Classic, you'll still get killed a lot even with experience, but with a bit of practice and learning how the maps tend to flow, should still be good. Honestly, I've always found half the fun is in crawling around, keeping your head down trying NOT to get shot, as much as trying to kill them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    It does sound a lot of fun. Oak very kindly gifted me a beta key, so I can join in if something gets organised.
    steam: sketch

While I guess I should arrange something (why is it life always throws crap at you when you decide to try and team up in games?), the Beta is effectively over and Rising Storm is available.

A few friends of mine and me, including quite a few RPS readers, have been playing Rising Storm a lot lately so I went ahead and rented a server that runs a mix of Rising Storm maps and Red Orchestra 2 maps.

Running on Realism with disabled Killcam and a few other extra settings like only one round per map, but that one round has an extended timer.

I rented it today and there are problems with the server browser so it doesn't show up in game just yet, but you can connect to it via direct connect.

Here is the IP and stuff:

I am also online most of the day in Steam, hanging out in the official RPS group Steam chatroom, so if you drop by there we can easily organise a few games.

Anyway, that's that. Hope to see you guys on the battlefield some time.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

I also went ahead and created a Steam group, so we can organise a few games:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSRisingStorm

Ah nice! Will watch that.
    Also for any people who were early adopters of RO2 and have the inb4reset 'cheive you gain rather heavily boosted XP gain right now. Over the past 2 days I have gained about 25 levels for the Type 36, Type 99 rifle and about 15 levels for the Type 100 SMG. Its rather nuts!

I just uninstalled Rising Storm Beta from the Programs list and it seemed to free up 17.5GB. I think the released installation is all housed under the Red Orchestra 2 folder because I was able to play fine. This isn't official advice, though, just my experience with it on limited hard drive space.

Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm have been merged.
    It's now called "Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer".
    Singleplayer got it's own Steam entry (You won't need that).

If you bought Rising Storm and didn't own RO2 before that, you get all of RO2's Multiplayer aswell.
    If you own Red Orchestra 2 but not Rising Storm, you get Rising Storm "Lite", which means you can play on the Rising Storm maps but only as the Rifleman class and you cannot gain experience on Rising Storm maps.

So all you will need is the "Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer" thing and you will be able to play with us wether you own Rising Storm or not.

I have set the server to a Countdown map rotation now. It's great for levelling up weapons, as Countdown gives more XP per kill than Territory.

I would also like to host a session of us playing Countdown with full human teams, as an organised session of this gamemode is always immense fun, so what would you guys suggest as a time?

I posted a discussion thread on the Steam group, but feel free to post suggestions in here aswell.
    I was thinking Friday at 9 PM UK time should be a good time?

Work allowing I'd like that. Would prefer it on classic mode, but can understand why people would prefer realism.
    A game of countdown would be cool also. Last I played any countdown games in RO2 was in the original buggy beta.

Really enjoying this so far, and it may even get me back into some RO2 too after a year away.

A Friday night session would be good for me and would be nice to see some folk on an RPS server. I'm 'Surgeon J' on Steam if you want to hit me up for a game.

Right, next Friday, June 7th, I will be hosting an event for Rising Storm Countdown.
    We'll start 9 PM UK time and play until we get bored.

Countdown with human teams should be great fun.
    I hope I see a few of you guys on Friday!

Sounds like a date! Time to ready the coat-hanger rifle!

Seeing as neither the server provider nor Tripwire Interactive were very helpful with their support regarding the server not showing up in the in-game server browser, I took it upon me to fix it myself.

After going through loads of config files I finally found the problem and fixed it! (Apparently the server thought it was still running for the SteamID of the Rising Storm Beta, and seeing as RO2 and RS merged people who launched RO2 couldn't see it because it thought it was running for the RS Beta. Changed the ID's to RO2 and now it works.)

So the server now shows up properly in the server browser! You can find it by filtering for Countdown mode and looking for the one called "Proving Grounds".

Make sure to add it to your favourites!

Well that was all kinds of nice. See what people mean about stuff leveling a little faster. My Tommygun has gone from more-or-less nothing to level 24 (so close).
    Also, cheers for the game all. Was most enjoyable!

Level 25 Thompson is great!
    You get the 30 round stick mag and a Cutts compensator, which greatly reduces the muzzle climb.

On both the SMGs the recoil compansator makes a whole load of difference. The Tommygun goes from a wild bucking-bronco into a strange deathmachine of doom while the Type 100 is loony accurate at distances.
    I like the Tommy Gun with the upgrade, but the Type 100 I'm still in two minds about. It may seem more accurate, but not sure about the gun site being "improved" with how much it obscures my vision compared to the old open sites, plus I swear the rate of fire is slower.