Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Sure! there's been interest here and in my private messages so how about one day this week we go into mumble and organize several newbie-friendly matchups?

cant organise a day for this so itd have to be a spontaneous date for me.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Obscure Node
    I would very very much like to play SupCom with people. Feel free to add me on the Steams, and if I have the time I'd be happy to play. http://steamcommunity.com/id/lordfly/

Activated Node
    Yep you can add me on Steam as well and I will be willing to play: http://steamcommunity.com/id/sgt_sniper95

At this point, itd be easier to make a steam group.

Ill get on it.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

- Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hoorah! We shall celebrate with DEATH!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Network Hub
    Die tiny armies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'll be joining in with this. Big fan of FA.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Lesser Hivemind Node EPICTHEFAIL's Avatar
    Oh, how I wish I could join a game. Unfortunately, I have some sort of crappy gold edition that included both SC1 and FA that makes the GPG updater implode when I try to patch the damn thing. And I have to patch it, since the default version cuts the framerate in half for every selected unit. GPG might have had some great ideas for the game, but boy does their QA suck ass.

Epic: you can put any SC or FA key into Steam now to get the Steamworks updated versions (since GPGnet is defunct), and also the Forged Alliance Forever client has a currently maintained mod+patch FA exe that will run on top of Steam's FA install.

SC was always demanding to run, but if unit-selection specifically causes slowdown, you might have too many options in the military/sensor overlays turned on. Disabling them or using the simpler combined views might help.

Lesser Hivemind Node EPICTHEFAIL's Avatar
    Thanks for the advice, Bobtree! Especially the steamkey thing. I`ll try it out now.

EDIT: one question, though: how do I actually enter the key? I am not overly familiar with how exactly that works in the steam store, so if anyone has any advice, it would be appreciated.

EDIT No. 2: I`ve figured it out, it`s in Games under Activate a product on Steam. Just in case anyone else is wondering.
    Last edited by EPICTHEFAIL; 27-10-2013 at 11:56 AM.

I made pepper and pakoito an admin for the group, as I wont have time to organise much. Have fun!
    - Tom De Roeck.

There's not much movement. I'm in steam all afternoons but nobody seems to come forward and propose a game lol

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Does the MP have major slowdowns... that's my main issue.

I'm guessing maybe not if there is no AI input? Is that why the skirmishes have so much slowdown?

If the MP with people is more fast paced I will give it a try again.

wait what, slowdowns in skirmish? I think your PC just isnt fit enough to handle it.

@pakoito: I suggest having timed events so people are reminded when they are online when there are a couple of people on. Tuesdays and Saturdays seem to work well.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Just had a nice game with Pakoito! Sorry ab out holding out on killing the SCU, I forgot the standard game mode is kill the commander.

Maybe next time we can meet in mumble and discuss tactics? I like exchanging experiences.
    - Tom De Roeck.

I had completely forgotten all I learned months ago from tutorials, so I went full derp and decided to rush in with commander, except you had static defences for him and air to clean up my mass extractors. Without mass I had to retreat back and wait for a slow death, after seeing I couldn't econ into lategame I just threw my commander to die >.<

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    wait what, slowdowns in skirmish? I think your PC just isnt fit enough to handle it.
    Erm no... already asked about this.

Slowdowns as in the game speed doesn't stay at +6 in once it gets to mid game with many AI players.

ah ok. didnt know that.
    - Tom De Roeck.