Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Network Hub
    Anyone up for a game this evening?

Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    Erm no... already asked about this.

Slowdowns as in the game speed doesn't stay at +6 in once it gets to mid game with many AI players.
    Typically in 8 player games the speed might drop to -2 or so when things get frantic if someones PC is beginning to show its age. The AI is an extra load on your CPU obviously, but the more intensive stuff is usually the simulation itself (calculating the trajectories of every projectile/bullet etc.) which scales with the number of units in game, rather than depending on the AI.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'm up for a game yea. I'm Frédéric Bastiat in the group, just drop me a message :)

Yea the simulation runs on a single thread unfortunately, so the spec of your machine isn't going to have much impact on the performance.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    I also tried this Advanced Strategic Icons mod, to get bigger main map icons, but it seems to conflict with GAZ and looks rather strange to me. There's another set that's supposed to double the size of the regular icons, but it isn't compatible with FAF. I used to play at a lower resolution as a workaround, and I still use a CRT, so perhaps I'll do that.
    Try the new version of Advanced Strategic Icons, in the last version you can select the right size for you (Small, Medium and Large). the smallest size icons are not bigger than the original icons and all the icons look perfect.

http://www.faforever.com/forums/view...hp?f=41&t=2740
    Last edited by maxareuos; 30-04-2014 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxareuos View Post
    Try the new version of Advanced Strategic Icons, in the last version you can select the right size for you (Small, Medium and Large). the smallest size icons are not bigger than the original icons and all the icons look perfect.

http://www.faforever.com/forums/view...hp?f=41&t=2740
    oh, sounds like a blast. any other good mods? We definitely need to revive some multiplayer in this. I remember having one with pak, and he stopped playing? :D

(might have been because I unintentionally kept him alive even after he was already defeated)
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I've introduced my housemate to Forged Alliance whilst we've been without the net. We're reconnected on the 6th or the 8th of may, I'd love to play after then. I'm in the group, hit me up (my name's Frédéric Bastiat on steam)
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Well I finally have a new PC (at roughly XBone level performance), so I can play SupCom without my PC melting. TBH I`m having more fun with SupCom2 at the moment, but once I remember how to make a good build (and get my APM above 20) I might be up for a game or two. I assume that nowadays it`s done via FAForever.