Asus P8Z77-V Pro WLAN AP mode

Hello RPS!

I have this Asus P8Z77-V Pro mainboard. I should be able to use the built in WLAN adapter as an access point for other devices.

Problem is, I can't get it to work. I enabled the feature through Asus' latest AI suite II (which is horrible, imo) and then fiddled with IP addresses when it didn't work out of the box.
    On my Android phone I can connect to the AP, but I don't have internet access.

Anybody here with a similar mainboard who can share his settings?

So my configuration is like this:

LAN connection is assigned an IP via DHCP from the router: 192.168.0.X
    WLAN happens in AP mode via a virtual wifi miniport. Its address is static: 192.168.137.1
    Then I share the LAN connection with the WLAN adapter.
    I also tried to give my Android device a static IP (192.168.137.X)...
    Last edited by Ernesto; 06-10-2013 at 05:08 PM.

You can subnet it like that, but what would probably work better is bridge mode.

Set the wlan card up as access point, then in the network manager select it and the lan connection and set up bridge. Don't give your phone a specific IP. Your computer then acts as a relay node between the wireless and wired networks.

If you did that, it's no wonder it wouldn't work -- it merges the networks together but without a router 192.168.137/24 can't connect to 192.168.0/24.

Hmm... here's another problem: I can't bridge the AP and the LAN connection. I think it's because the AP is a 'Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport', not a physical device.